CFP Rankings | The Boneyard

CFP Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously first week means nada but it's the starting point...

1. Clemson
2. LSU
3. Ohio State
4. Alabama
5. Notre Dame
6. Baylor
7. Michigan State
8. TCU
9. Iowa
10. Florida
11. Stanford
12. Utah
13. Memphis
14. Oklahoma State
15. Oklahoma
16. Florida State
17. Michigan
18. Mississippi
19. Texas A&M
20. Mississippi State
21. Northwestern
22. Temple
23. UCLA
24. Toledo
25. Houston

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Like that two AAC teams are ahead of Toledo including a one-loss Temple. Almost a guarantee that a one-loss AAC gets in over Toledo.
And, almost impossible for a one-loss Toledo to get in.

Reaction Score
Not trying to be snarky here but I sure hope you listened to me back on Oct 4th. I grabbed Clemson big at 22-1 to win the NC. Did you board the Nostical train?

As it turns out I mentioned it a lot.

Clemson will win the National Championship.
Post by: Nostical, Oct 4, 2015 in forum: UConn Football

DeShaun Watson will lead Clemson to the National Champioship (write that down)---Fournette will win the Heisman ---and Newsome will lead UConn to a Bowl...
Post by: Nostical, Oct 11, 2015 in forum: UConn Football

Clemson will be the National Champion. Some say they are overrrated. No way. And if Fournette stumbles, DeShaun Watson wins the Heisman.
Post by: Nostical, Oct 23, 2015 in forum: UConn Football

Hope you heeded my word in preseason --or even a few weeks in--and grabbed Clemson at 22-1 to win NC. It was a gift.
Post by: Nostical, Oct 24, 2015 in forum: UConn Football

This Clemson team is incredible. It's a sure bet for the final four and my early pick for the NC.

Reaction Score
Clemson at No. 1 is a joke.

They have a single signature win and are playing in the weakest P5 conference.

Obviously only week 1, but this is a joke right out of the gate.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not trying to be snarky here but I sure hope you listened to me back on Oct 4th. I grabbed Clemson big at 22-1 to win the NC. Did you board the Nostical train?

As it turns out I mentioned it a lot.

Clemson will win the National Championship.
Post by: Nostical, Oct 4, 2015 in forum: UConn Football

DeShaun Watson will lead Clemson to the National Champioship (write that down)---Fournette will win the Heisman ---and Newsome will lead UConn to a Bowl...
Post by: Nostical, Oct 11, 2015 in forum: UConn Football

Clemson will be the National Champion. Some say they are overrrated. No way. And if Fournette stumbles, DeShaun Watson wins the Heisman.
Post by: Nostical, Oct 23, 2015 in forum: UConn Football

Hope you heeded my word in preseason --or even a few weeks in--and grabbed Clemson at 22-1 to win NC. It was a gift.

This Clemson team is incredible. It's a sure bet for the final four and my early pick for the NC.
To be fair you did also say that UConn was going to win every game... ;)

Reaction Score
Memphis at 13 is higher than I expected. It will be interesting if ole miss wins out and bama beats LSU this weekend. I would think Memphis could have a shot in this scenario assuming the committee wouldn't jump them over an unbeaten memphis. Might need help from pac 12 as well but it will be interesting to watch.

Reaction Score
So can I mark you down as not aboard my train?

Ha. I think they are a very good team, but not the No. 1 seed.

My rankings would be:

1) Ohio State
2) LSU
3) Michigan State
4) Clemson

Reaction Score
I,hope Memphis runs the table and things break right for them to be in the conversation. Only,because we don't play them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do you get paid on Clemson bets for the first poll? If so congrats. If not they haven't done anything but blow out mediocre teams.

Reaction Score
I,hope Memphis runs the table and things break right for them to be in the conversation. Only,because we don't play them.

That, and we'd get a slice of the CFP pie. We could use the revenue boost - and it should more than help offset the incredulous feeling that frigging Memphis crashed the party. But, alas, it won't happen.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
So what is the dream scenario to shake up independent ND? 2 SEC, 1 ACC and ND to the playoffs? B1G, P12 and B12 flip out?

Reaction Score
So can I mark you down as not aboard my train?

Putting money on Dabo not finding a way to choke at the finish line is brave..not very wise, but brave.

This ranking tells me a Big 12 team needs total chaos in order to make it in the top 4. Even if the schedules weren't so back-loaded, the lack of a championship game will haunt them.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see what happens if Ole Miss goes unbeaten the rest of the way and wins the SEC. Does it make the top 4 and get invited to the national tournament? But what of its lose to and Undefeated Memphis? In that scenario does Memphis get invited to the National Tournament over a Power Five school???

Love to see that scenario play out....

Reaction Score
The Big 12 must be seething, they better start looking for 2 teams to expand, Baylor and TCU that low is just crazy

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The lack of a championship is one less resume bullet where all the other conferences get a power win down the stretch. It's such an obvious disadvantage that I can't believe their attitude is 'we'll see if it hurts us again"....

Reaction Score
Just looked at Baylors and Tcus schedules. Anyone care to guess what signature wins are? They had one p5 non conference game between the two of them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Baylor or TCU will be fine if they win out. Heck so will Oklahoma State.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They are making it up as they go along. Alabama has absolutely no business being in the Top 4. Why is 1 loss Alabama ranked higher than 1 loss Florida? It's not like Alabama has dominated mediocre teams like Tennessee and Arkansas. Clemson has 1 really good win, and then has beaten a bunch of teams that will finish with 6 or 7 wins.

I know there is a long time for a Big 12 team to play its way into the Top 4, but the committee is clearly saying that the name on the front of the jersey carries a lot of weight.

Why bother playing the games?

Reaction Score
So what is the dream scenario to shake up independent ND? 2 SEC, 1 ACC and ND to the playoffs? B1G, P12 and B12 flip out?

How/why would this shake up an independent ND?

Reaction Score
The committee is clearly saying that the name on the front of the jersey carries a lot of weight.

No doubt. For all the conversation about fairness, there's no way in these first few years of the playoff there will be anything but a super-marquee matchup. TCU types ain't gonna cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom