CBSSports.com Ridiculously Early Preseason Top 25 (and one) | The Boneyard

CBSSports.com Ridiculously Early Preseason Top 25 (and one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is from Wednesday but I didn't see it posted anywhere.

Oh crap, they're noticing UConn now. #18. We're dooooomed!

By the way, when was the last time UConn missed the NCAA Tournament 2 years in a row? Late 1980's?

UNC moves to No. 1 in Ridiculously Early Preseason Top 25 (and one)

18. CONNECTICUT

• Notable players definitely gone: Ryan Boatright, Terrence Samuel
  • Others expected to leave: None
  • Notable players expected to return: Daniel Hamilton, Rodney Purvis, Amida Brimah, Omar Calhoun, Kentan Facey, Sam Cassell Jr., Philip Nolan
  • Others expected to join the roster: Sterling Gibbs, Shon Miller, Jalen Adams, Steven Enoch
Why the Huskies are ranked here: Kevin Ollie became a big winner on the transfer market when he added Sterling Gibbs and Shon Miller this offseason. So UConn should be talented enough to challenge SMU in the American Athletic Conference and then make the NCAA Tournament after a disappointing year last season.

Reaction Score
All I know is that Phil has been elavated to the Notable players list along with our complete roster. Anyway that's a good thing when everyone is notable no matter who writes it, and something to get excited about.

At least practices should be much more competitive this year which will lead to faster improvement, skills development and in-game results. Sorry Mr. Iverson that stuff counts.

Reaction Score
MSU and Wisconsin on the list are confusing...MSU didn't look good until the tournament and now they lose their 2 best players, and Wisconsin basically loses their whole team. And neither team is bringing in much

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
It's weird...he has SMU at 15, UConn at 18 and Cincy at 25. In the Cincy write up, he says "The Bearcats will likely be the biggest threat to SMU in the American Athletic Conference." Then why have UConn at 18?? Gary Parrish needs to re-read this stuff.

Reaction Score
It's weird...he has SMU at 15, UConn at 18 and Cincy at 25. In the Cincy write up, he says "The Bearcats will likely be the biggest threat to SMU in the American Athletic Conference." Then why have UConn at 18?? Gary Parrish needs to re-read this stuff.

It's because UConn wasn't in the top 25 until this last update, and he didn't bother redoing the Cincy write-up.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Surprised this wasn't posted yet. Parish being parish of course

Reaction Score
Unfortunately by us complaining it makes him feel we give a damn about what he writes.

Reaction Score
It's May and a beautiful Memorial weekend. I must admit where they believe UConn is in the top 25 is the furthest thing from my mind. What I will admit is I hope they all think they're going to underachieve. Always works out best.

Reaction Score
And even still, Rock's numbers were actually at least on par overall.

Jesus, Phil shot 28.6% from the line

It's easy not to notice when you're averaging less than half a free throw attempt per game.

Reaction Score
Parrish is the worst. I know Rothstein is corny but I value his opinion much more out of the CBS guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom