Carter-Williams NBA debut | The Boneyard

Carter-Williams NBA debut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know he's a Syracuse guy and we hate anything orange but did any of you see Mike Carter-Williams NBA debut last night against the Heat. He had 22 points, 12 assists, 9 steals and 7 boards in a win over Miami. That's about as good of an NBA debut you will ever see.

Reaction Score
My son sent me a tex telling me about this and I was amazed. Either he's better than I thought he would be or the NBA really doesn't play defense as i thought!!

One sampling of many more to come.........

Reaction Score
I actually kinda liked mcw more than any other cuse guy. He's really good , 6'6 pgs don't grow on trees. a core of him, Noel, and one other lotto pick will be solid for philly

Reaction Score
I actually kinda liked mcw more than any other cuse guy. He's really good , 6'6 pgs don't grow on trees. a core of him, Noel, and one other lotto pick will be solid for philly

He was a TO machine vs good defensive teams last year and his scoring and APG went down mightily when he started playing competition other than LeMoyne, Carrier JC, Utica College and Genesee Ale U.........

Reaction Score
It's only one night, but some guys games and physical attributes are just suited to the NBA. He's a talented kid for sure and I can see him having success in the league right out of the gate. While it's a one game sample it's unlikely that it's a fluke (I'm not saying he'll put up those number every night). Those fluke game are typically points only where a guy gets hot, his stat line was across 4 categories. Pretty darn nice debut for the kid.

Reaction Score
Great night for him but he looked awful in the summer league and in preseason, I would hold off on annointing him like so many people in the media are doing. They also did the same thing with Brandon Jennings when he went off for 55 early in his rookie season...and yes, I'm hating.

Reaction Score
Apparently, Boeheim's system was a bad fit for him. A better fit would have improved his draft stock and his wallet.

Reaction Score
Looking great in the summer league or preseason isn't an indicator of anything , see : nikolaz tskitishvili. but the point about Jennings is well taken, I just think 9 steals is absurd. Also Phil Jackson's a fan

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Really nice debut. His game is better suited to the NBA than college. That being said, Heat probably took them lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom