Caron Butler's Amazing Journey | The Boneyard

Caron Butler's Amazing Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From Dom Amore who caught up with Caron last night in Memphis.

His is one of the most remarkable stories any athlete could ever tell – “the Great American Success Story” – Jim Calhoun calls it. Butler is working on a book, he said, and if it leads to a motion picture, no one should be surprised.

“You couldn’t write this script any better,” Butler said, “coming home at the end of it.”

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-men/o...y-the-great-american-success-story/#more-2293

Reaction Score
out of curiousity has he ever donated to uconn at all?

I'm sure he has, but don't really care. He does a ton of charity work, everything from speeches to benefits, to handing out bikes and Christmas gifts to poor kids, etc. - if he wanted to make all of his monetary donations as an adult to the Racine Boys+Girls Club, which helped him get to MCI and out of danger, and other B+G clubs and similar groups around the country, I'd find that more commendable than helping us get a kick-ass practice gym. But I'm sure he donated to that too.

Reaction Score
The only actor who could pull off playing Calhoun is a tough guy like Gene Hackman but he's way too old these days.

Reaction Score
The only actor who could pull off playing Calhoun is a tough guy like Gene Hackman but he's way too old these days.

After Hoosiers, he couldn't play another ball coach anyway, but I agree with the example.

Reaction Score
Affleck is a wus. Pix would be a failure with him.

People keep saying that, but his last few films were big successes. I think it's becoming an outdated stereotype, which i almost can't believe i'm saying. Gigli and Daredevil were bad enough he may need to turn over all his awards as penance.

Reaction Score
Lenny Clark, Michael chicliss(sp), Tom Hanks(give him another chance to butcher a NE accent)

Reaction Score
wenn_1893417.jpg
DavisCalhoun_lg.jpg

Reaction Score
I pick Dominic West from the Wire. Jimmy. If a guy from the UK from an Irish background can do a Baltimore accent ... Boston will be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom