Carl Adamec: Nice Lou Article re AAC Tournament & FOY No Vote | The Boneyard

Carl Adamec: Nice Lou Article re AAC Tournament & FOY No Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stewart said. "Lou could have and should have won Freshman of the Year, but she needed to be more consistent. She was very consistent this weekend and that's why she was on the all-tournament team."

Agree .....

HGN

Reaction Score
So , if I read the article right...............USF's Laksa won FOY by unanimous vote. And Lou didn't even get one (1) vote. Which meant that USF's coach (Hernandez) didn't vote for KLS either. Nor any of the other AAC coaches.
I hope Lou takes it out on the AAC for the next 3 years............with a vengeance. :mad:

Reaction Score
So , if I read the article right.....USF's Laksa won FOY by unanimous vote. And Lou didn't even get one (1)
I think we should acknowledge that we have a player who will transcend every other player in the league and maybe the country before she's done, and count those blessings. When she was taken out for Gabby near the end of the 1st Q having gone 0-3, I wasn't even worried (like I might have been 6 weeks earlier). We all knew she'd come back in and scorch the place. We just have to keep her away from those Twitter thingies....

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
So , if I read the article right.....USF's Laksa won FOY by unanimous vote. And Lou didn't even get one (1) vote. Which meant that USF's coach (Hernandez) didn't vote for KLS either. Nor any of the other AAC coaches.
I hope Lou takes it out on the AAC for the next 3 years..with a vengeance. :mad:
You're right; it makes no sense. If a coach cannot vote for a player on their own team, then for whom did Jose vote? I could not have been unanimous unless Jose didn't vote.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I didn't expect her to win and not surprised she got 'no' votes. Laksa had an amazing start to conference play, and 'unanimous' means that she got all but one vote - the one from her coach. They do not say who the coach voted for and I would not be surprised to learn that Jose voted for Samuelson, just as I suspect Geno voted for Williams, but Stewart was also 'unanimous'.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You're right; it makes no sense. If a coach cannot vote for a player on their own team, then for whom did Jose vote? I could not have been unanimous unless Jose didn't vote.
See my previous post. Unanimous in conference award voting means that you got all the votes except from your own coach who can't vote for you - and typically they do not announce who else got that lone vote, as that negates the 'secrecy of the ballot'. Most of the time they do not even announce the 'others receiving votes' or 'runners up' for non-unanimous awards either.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"Lou grew up a lot this weekend, and that's one of the things we're going to talk about when we get back to campus," UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. "We're not going to be able to win the national championship without her."

Go back 3 years. Replace "Lou" with "Stewie." Just as Stewie came though in the Final Four as a frosh, look for Lou to make her mark this year. The opponents will focus on the Big 3, but the player from Surf City, USA with the nice smile will make them pay.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So , if I read the article right.....USF's Laksa won FOY by unanimous vote. And Lou didn't even get one (1) vote. Which meant that USF's coach (Hernandez) didn't vote for KLS either. Nor any of the other AAC coaches.
I hope Lou takes it out on the AAC for the next 3 years..with a vengeance. :mad:
Agreed. What freshman in the league got Jose's vote??

Reaction Score
What player wouldn't trade a personal award for a NC?

Milford is right; "losing" the FOY award didn't discourage those girls. And aren't we supposed to be the team that recruits girls who care more about their team than their accolades?

Reaction Score
Carl: Maybe the reason Samuelson didn't get any Freshman of the Year votes is because she doesn't play like a freshman anymore.

So true, thanks Carl

Reaction Score
Carl: Maybe the reason Samuelson didn't get any Freshman of the Year votes is because she doesn't play like a freshman anymore.

So true, thanks Carl

Note that Adamec has no idea whether Lou got Jose's vote or not. He incorrectly assumes that "unanimous" means that no other player got a vote. But it is a fact that one other player got a vote, and the league does not disclose who got that vote.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Perhaps Lou might say something like this:

"I was born and raised in Huntington Beach, California, but I grew up in Uncasville. Connecicut." ;)

Huntington Beach: Surf City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc