Captain Andrew Adams | The Boneyard

Captain Andrew Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This guy was made captain? By who? That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in my time watching football. Of course he follows it up by dropping an int. just pathetic.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Blame the coaches. This is sh&t that is instilled in practice. Tha said, call, official should have swallowed his whistle.

Reaction Score
Hate to kill the kid, but that was a back breaker and just a stupid, senseless thing to do. It was worst than Shirrefs int.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Inexcusable on the D. Coordinator has to clean up his unit.

Reaction Score
Everybody needs to chill. Should he know better? yes. But this team needs to learn how to win again and I think he just let his emotions get the best of him. He was excited and obviously didn't do it to show up BYU. Dumb rule, good call, learning experience.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Everybody needs to chill. Should he know better? yes. But this team needs to learn how to win again and I think he just let his emotions get the best of him. He was excited and obviously didn't do it to show up BYU. Dumb rule, good call, learning experience.
He's supposed to be a leader, he's supposed to be setting an example for this team. He knew he shouldn't have done it, he still did. It's a painfully immature thing to do when you know the situation you're in.

Reaction Score
He's supposed to be a leader, he's supposed to be setting an example for this team. He knew he shouldn't have done it, he still did. It's a painfully immature thing to do when you know the situation you're in.
I'm not saying it wasn't a stupid thing to do. It was. But I don't think it's right to call for his scholarship being pulled and him getting kicked off the team because of excitement. It was an emotional reaction for a guy who hasn't been on a competitive team in his time at UConn. There are bigger things that happened tonight to be upset about. I bet nobody on this team makes that mistake again. That's still important for a young team.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm not saying it wasn't a stupid thing to do. It was. But I don't think it's right to call for his scholarship being pulled and him getting kicked off the team because of excitement. It was an emotional reaction for a guy who hasn't been on a competitive team in his time at UConn. There are bigger things that happened tonight to be upset about. I bet nobody on this team makes that mistake again. That's still important for a young team.
I jumped the gun with the kicking him off the team, and I agree taking the kids scholarship is just wrong on more than just the football level. But captains are supposed to be scolding other players for doing dumb sh1it like that, it was inexcusable. He's gonna have to do a lot to gain my respect back, even though I know that means nothing to him, but still...

Reaction Score
I jumped the gun with the kicking him off the team, and I agree taking the kids scholarship is just wrong on more than just the football level. But captains are supposed to be scolding other players for doing dumb sh1it like that, it was inexcusable. He's gonna have to do a lot to gain my respect back, even though I know that means nothing to him, but still...
I think we're in agreement then. Definitely a dumb move and I'd bet he is feeling it now. He should be better than that and I'd like to believe the team as a whole can learn from it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is it ridiculous to think that people on this board actually mean that right now?

No - but if you know your regular posters.

Reaction Score
Whats done is done, it was stupid and we have all done things without thinking. Refs are ridiculous and don't let players play with emotion, our players should know how sensitive these refs are after the Nova game.

Reaction Score
No - but if you know your regular posters.
Fair enough. Maybe the sarcasm went over my head. Still don't think the guy deserves to be crucified for it. There were a lot of things that went wrong in this game. That was one of them, but it didn't have to be the deciding factor.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Fair enough. Maybe the sarcasm went over my head. Still don't think the guy deserves to be crucified for it. There were a lot of things that went wrong in this game. That was one of them, but it didn't have to be the deciding factor.

I agree. It was beyond bizarre and they weren't going to score enough to win anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom