Cannot believe I'm saying this...... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cannot believe I'm saying this......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well there's that time that you said Boyle was better than Whitmer, only to have you claim after the season that you never said that (despite me quoting your post). But other than that, nothing.
Not what I said. I said Boyle has a better arm. I also said that you can't win with Whitmer. But I never said what you ascribe to me.

Reaction Score
Not what I said. I said Boyle has a better arm. I also said that you can't win with Whitmer. But I never said what you ascribe to me.

Don't make me dig this up again, because if you pi$$ me off enough, I will.

Reaction Score
Don't make me dig this up again, because if you pi$$ me off enough, I will.
Do it.;)
Hey-Guys-Itis-an-Internet-Fight.jpg

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think the question is : is it $1 for EACH indefensible post, or $1 if there's ANY indefensible post... Because we could be talking a big difference here. :)

Reaction Score
Because I'm bored, easily cave to peer pressure, and also because I'm kind of a Richard:

In the Tim Boyle Poll thread, the choices were:

-The next coming of Dan Orlovsky
-A clear improvement over Whitmer and should start
-Not an upgrade over Whitmer and should have redshirted
-The worst QB since Johnny Mac
-Need more information

Jimmy Serrano said:
If anyone votes for anything other than "Need more information" it's based on emotion.

Palatine said:
Perhaps for you. Others may be quicker studies. I thought he showed more poise than CW. He showed a better arm. And he also ran better (a surprise).

Agreed it's a small sample size. But it's enough to make a judgement.

So, in the middle of October, I claimed it was too early to make a determination. Palatine claimed it was as well, but only for me. Others such as himself were quicker studies (LOL). Palatine also stated that Boyle showed more poise, a better arm, and ran better.

It was enough for him to make the judgement.

Only now he claims to have never made the judgement. So his track record with backup QB's is still in tact.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just "liked" a Palatine post. Sort of feel dirty :)

All you need to do is meet him in person. You will be a changed man and understand where he's coming from. You'll never be the same...but you'll understand. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Because I'm bored, easily cave to peer pressure, and also because I'm kind of a Richard:

In the Tim Boyle Poll thread, the choices were:

-The next coming of Dan Orlovsky
-A clear improvement over Whitmer and should start
-Not an upgrade over Whitmer and should have redshirted
-The worst QB since Johnny Mac
-Need more information

Jimmy Serrano said:
If anyone votes for anything other than "Need more information" it's based on emotion.

Palatine said:
Perhaps for you. Others may be quicker studies. I thought he showed more poise than CW. He showed a better arm. And he also ran better (a surprise).

Agreed it's a small sample size. But it's enough to make a judgement.

So, in the middle of October, I claimed it was too early to make a determination. Palatine claimed it was as well, but only for me. Others such as himself were quicker studies (LOL). Palatine also stated that Boyle showed more poise, a better arm, and ran better.

It was enough for him to make the judgement.

Only now he claims to have never made the judgement. So his track record with backup QB's is still in tact.

I think someone just won themselves a dollar!

Reaction Score
I think someone just won themselves a dollar!

Exactly. More poise than Chandler. Low bar on that. Better arm, yep I said that many times (so did Diaco). Better runner, again, low bar. But enough info to yank Chandler out and give Boyle a chance.

I didn't need any more info to bench Chandler. I would have done it sooner. That was my judgement, Chandler had to be benched and Boyle needed to play -- to see what we had.

Hardly, the knock out you implied. I was arguing for giving the kid a chance.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
We should give peace a chance... That's all we are saying...

Kum-ba-Ya kum-ba-ya

Reaction Score
Exactly. More poise than Chandler. Low bar on that. Better arm, yep I said that many times (so did Diaco). Better runner, again, low bar. But enough info to yank Chandler out and give Boyle a chance.

I didn't need any more info to bench Chandler. I would have done it sooner. That was my judgement, Chandler had to be benched and Boyle needed to play -- to see what we had.

Hardly, the knock out you implied. I was arguing for giving the kid a chance.

Serious question.

Are you all there upstairs?

Reaction Score
On a message board, all we have is the actual words that we type.

Reaction Score
On a message board, all we have is the actual words that we type.

Yep, but you can take them out of context and pretend they say something they didn't.

In my experience, people will type something then say that you typed it even if you didn't.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
^^^ God he was great in this movie, and kinda epitomizes our Athletic Ticket Office.
But yeah, I did re-up. Like years ago in the Army. Signed up for a year and got a hat.

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
Yep, but you can take them out of context and pretend they say something they didn't. In my experience, people will type something then say that you typed it even if you didn't.

True. But that's why (unless I'm obviously being sarcastic) I go out of my way to ensure what I say cannot be misinterpreted. You are a smart guy. You can do that.

So many of your posts are half-serious, half-sarcastic and riddled with innuendo you invite the criticism that you abhor.

Reaction Score
True. But that's why (unless I'm obviously being sarcastic) I go out of my way to ensure what I say cannot be misinterpreted. You are a smart guy. You can do that.

So many of your posts are half-serious, half-sarcastic and riddled with innuendo you invite the criticism that you abhor.
What can I say, it's a message board.

Reaction Score
What can I say, it's a message board.

How about this? Don't say something, then claim you never said it, they say it AGAIN, only to claim yet again that you never said it.

You did this in this thread alone.

You said Boyle had more poise than CW. (Disagree)
You said Boyle had a better arm. (Agree)
You said Boyle had better running ability. (Disagree)

The poll in question did not give a choice for "May or may not be better than Whitmer but should get a chance to start". You mocked me for not being as quick of a study as you were. You touted your stellar track record with backup QBs.

In this thread you said that Boyle was better than Whitmer. But then 2 posts later claimed to have never said that. Bizarre. And if you would just admit that you were wrong, nobody would bust your chops.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How about this? Don't say something, then claim you never said it, they say it AGAIN, only to claim yet again that you never said it.

The poll in question did not give a choice for "May or may not be better than Whitmer but should get a chance to start". You mocked me for not being as quick of a study as you were. You touted your stellar track record with backup QBs.

In this thread you said that Boyle was better than Whitmer. But then 2 posts later claimed to have never said that. Bizarre. And if you would just admit that you were wrong, nobody would bust your chops.

Yet the headline in this thread should be - people pretending to be martrys for spending a few hundred dollars to go to watch a college football team they claim to love.

I think they are martyrs because they claim to like the team?

Reaction Score
Not martyrs, but the quality of the product over the last 4 years looks like the Dow Jones during the depression. Anyone who sat through some of those games has earned a slow clap.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not martyrs, but the quality of the product over the last 4 years looks like the Dow Jones during the depression. Anyone who sat through some of those games has earned a slow clap.

Well thanks for the slow clap.

If you are a big enough fan to spend time here voicing your opinion -
it isn't too much to ask to keep your tickets.

Unless one is only a fan when they are good - but then save the posts.

Reaction Score

Look I freely admit I said that you can't win with Whitmer. I wanted him out of there.

But as pertains my position has constantly been misrepresented. I wanted to see what he could do. And since Whitmer was graduating, playing Boyle -at the very least- offered some potential return on the investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom