Cannot believe I'm saying this...... | The Boneyard

Cannot believe I'm saying this......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will say that this is IT. If “things” are the same, or even remotely similar, to last year, then this is my last renewal. Now I need to immediately begin trying to pump myself up for this 2015 schedule, because ya know, a sandwich tastes just like roast beef right?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah I finally called to renew yesterday too. Top of the Rent usually goes on sale in June if I remember correctly.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
I renewed this morning.

I renewed on Monday after deliberating the last couple of months with my buddy.

Hoping 2015 is the turnaorund year!

Reaction Score
I never doubted you. The pull is too strong...

it's like a tractor beam into the Death Star.

star-wars-1025.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even if we go down in flames I feel like it is my duty to watch it burn...
(I'm not directing the following at you)

This is the mood of longtime supporters of the program. Guys that I know for a fact support the program so much they'll pay for others, no make that virtually complete strangers to attend games.

And some of us are accused of being "too negative"? :D:D:D

Reaction Score
Even if we go down in flames I feel like it is my duty to watch it burn...

This sentiment (and sportsart actually suggesting it) is what made me go to the Top of Rent option. Going from 4 to 2 with no seat donations and lower prices is a big difference financially, but it still let's me feel connected to the program.

Reaction Score
Renewed as well. Definitely going to the Nova game but after that it really depends on the team. I can't sit through another season like 2014. I don't want to be one of those guys that just goes to tailgate and shows up in the 2nd qtr but damnit Diaco you gotta be better this year.

Reaction Score
Renewed as well. Definitely going to the Nova game but after that it really depends on the team. I can't sit through another season like 2014. I don't want to be one of those guys that just goes to tailgate and shows up in the 2nd qtr but damnit Diaco you gotta be better this year.

Yes, agreed! I'll see how it is the first couple of games.
This year is the "Fool me twice" year. It ain't happening again if this turns into 2014 Shytshow Reloaded.

Reaction Score
Yeah I finally called to renew yesterday too. Top of the Rent usually goes on sale in June if I remember correctly.

Thanks. I already purchased mine, but I want to get two Top of the Rent tickets for my parents for their anniversary. Which technically is in May, but it's close enough to just say it's in the mail. haha

Reaction Score
(I'm not directing the following at you)

This is the mood of longtime supporters of the program. Guys that I know for a fact support the program so much they'll pay for others, no make that virtually complete strangers to attend games.

And some of us are accused of being "too negative"? :D:D:D

I don't really feel that way. I do feel like it is my duty, but I always thought this was going to take a long time. We were ahead of the curve, and now we are behind it, but I honestly believe we will be fine.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
It is peculiar that they are not mandating the 3 year commit. It's hey, "we have run this program into the ground, but renew this year (for 1 yr only) and you get your same seats, and a hat!!' It smells of desperation, but it is appreciated, as I do not have to commit to 3 yrs and then hope to get seats where I want.
Am I off base? Also: Is Warde (he still alive btw?) a gambling man?
Beat Nova and Army and I will commit for 3 yrs next season. Lose 1 and give me seats 1/2 price.
- disgruntled and confused alum

Reaction Score
I will never tell anyone how to root or support their team. My own group is dwindling. I try and tell them that this is the most important time to offer that support. It hits home with some but not others. I will be there. Hopefully there are enough of us. I will be very curious how spring game attendance works out.

It's easy when they are winning. Stick with them now and it wil feel even better when it turns around.

Reaction Score
I got my 2. Not doing the extra 3 top of the rent tix. Will go with one of my kids each game, but lost my fire with poor product, and losing my tailgating crew over the years. Had so much fun going with uncle and friends, but lost him to cancer. Don't really have a crew to go with now.

Reaction Score
I'm back with 6 plus 2 for Butch. I'm also going to Mizzou. I really can't think of anything I'd rather do on gameday.

(Other than being at Camp Randall to watch my Badgers but that's impractical)

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I'm back with 6 plus 2 for Butch. I'm also going to Mizzou. I really can't think of anything I'd rather do on gameday.

(Other than being at Camp Randall to watch my Badgers but that's impractical)
I'm planning on that trip as well... will have to start organizing a bit of a tailgate when July comes around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom