Can we get Everett Golson? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Can we get Everett Golson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Definately. I read the article posted yesterday on Flipboard and they made no mention that those teams were on ND's schedule and quite frankly it's not important enough for me to even look it up.

Read you post right around same time I saw the CFT tweet...

But hey, Whipple was a QB coach for three NFL teams so ya never know ;)

Reaction Score
His list includes UMASS !! I'm hoping that they are his safety, safety, safety school. Not sure how this guy has schools ranging from UT (which ND will not release him for) to UMASS unless he has a feeling things could get sticky due to certain eligibility issues.

UMASS is on ND's list of exclusions as are all the teams on ND's 2015 schedule.

Reaction Score
Golson gave ND a list of ten schools. ND did not block any of them.

My guess is that he ends up at FSU. He will probably lead them to the playoffs.

Last edited:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Mark Richt on Everett Golson, who is reportedly visiting Georgia today: “I don’t make public comments on prospects" 5m

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I read that, too, and almost hurt myself laughing. From ESPN -

"A waiver is possible, but not easily granted," a source said. The SEC's graduate transfer rule -- 14.1.15.1 -- states the student-athlete must meet seven criteria. Golson would not meet the fourth criteria, 14.1.15.1d, which states: "The student-athlete has not been subject to official university or athletics department disciplinary action at any time during enrollment at any previous collegiate institution [excluding limited discipline applied by a sports team]."

Golson has academic issues. Is that even a concern at most SEC schools? I mean, Alabama signed former Georgia player Johnathan Taylor though the guy was kicked-off the Bulldogs for an arrest on domestic violence charges (case pending). If a SEC team wants Golson, the rules be damned, he's going.

SEC transfers that only have 1 year of eligibility have to get a special waiver. Regardless of what websites want to report, LSU has no interest in bringing in a 3rd mediocre psuedo-running QB.

Reaction Score
This is what I think...he isn't a top flight QB...and he is visiting top schools. If he goes to a school like FSU...I don't think he starts.

That's the thing, he's not guaranteed to start no matter where he goes. He'd be pretty naive (and arrogant) to think otherwise.

Our quarterback situation might not be that bad anymore. Shirrefs and Anderson are two unproven quarterbacks. So for hypothesis sake, if Golson did albeit randomly settle on UConn, that'd be a pretty big indictment on him if he couldn't beat out either of those guys. And I'm sure schools like Alabama and FSU have far less quarterback issues than UConn does.

Reaction Score
That's the thing, he's not guaranteed to start no matter where he goes. He'd be pretty naive (and arrogant) to think otherwise.

Our quarterback situation might not be that bad anymore. Shirrefs and Anderson are two unproven quarterbacks. So for hypothesis sake, if Golson did albeit randomly settle on UConn, that'd be a pretty big indictment on him if he couldn't beat out either of those guys. And I'm sure schools like Alabama and FSU have far less quarterback issues than UConn does.
Their QB from last year (Blake Sims), isn't even being viewed as a QB at the NFL Level (did drills at QB and RB). They very well could use a QB. Who knows.

Reaction Score
SEC transfers that only have 1 year of eligibility have to get a special waiver. Regardless of what websites want to report, LSU has no interest in bringing in a 3rd mediocre psuedo-running QB.

He threw for 3,400 yards and 29 touchdowns last season for ND. Both would be all time LSU single season records.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
He threw for 3,400 yards and 29 touchdowns last season for ND. Both would be all time LSU single season records.
He played in a completely different offense than LSU has ever run. He turned the ball over a ton (hence his benching), and only completed 60% of his passes. LSUs qbs are not great, but Golson is no big improvement.

ETA: LSUs lack of interest is because they want to develop the young qb they have. I wasn't trying to imply that Golson could not compete. Just that his skill set is about the same as their current qbs.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Golson gave ND a list of ten schools. ND did not block any of them.

My guess is that he ends up at FSU. He will probably lead them to the playoffs.

'Ten P5 schools' - you f yourself McMurphy.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Think you may have heard/read that wrong?

>>Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, Bruce Feldman of FOXSports.com reported overnight that Notre Dame will restrict its now-former quarterback from transferring to any opponent on its 2015 schedule. That means that Texas, which had been rumored as a potential destination, will not be in play for Golson.

The other 11 teams on ND’s 2015 slate include Boston College, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Navy, Pittsburgh, Stanford, Temple, UMass, USC, Virginia and Wake Forest. None of those teams had been rumored as possible transfer locales.

Additionally, Feldman reported, “some Big Ten programs” would be blocked as well.<<
Sounding like UConn could be a realistic choice for him...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
tearing up the AAC does not enhance his pro prospects. He will go to a P5 school.

You do realize that two AAC football players went in the first round of this past NFL draft. Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom