Can we get Everett Golson? | The Boneyard

Can we get Everett Golson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe Diaco has some poll since this Zaire kid is tearing it up...doesn't seem he'll go too high in the draft...why not tear it up in the American for his graduate year.

Reaction Score
Not immediate help. This team is still stuck right where they are, unless Boyle, Shirreffs, Davis or an unknown step up.

Reaction Score
Not immediate help. This team is still stuck right where they are, unless Boyle, Shirreffs, Davis or an unknown step up.
Are you serious? A kid with serious P5 experience as a QB with some wheels and an arm would not be a help immediately? If Diaco has a chance to bring him in he better put in the effort. This is a kid with 1 year of eligibility left that will play for some one next year as a fifth year. He is more of answer than what is on the team today.

I would say getting Golsten is more important than adding another low level project kid. Diaco should have the leg up on a lot of schools.

Reaction Score
I was almost going to suggest Braxton Miller, who could be looking for somewhere to go. Problem is, he would likely and understandably be looking for a perceivable contender in that event, and not just any school with a QB opening. Probably wouldn't hurt for someone on the coaching staff to at least attempt to get in his ear, even if it's a complete long shot.

In a perfect, utopian universe, Miller plays his final season as a graduate transfer at UConn, Shirreffs would still have two or three years of eligibility left and Davis right behind him.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks Golson isn't a massive improvement upon any option we'll have next year is an idiot. Anyone who thinks Golson is coming here is a bigger idiot.

Yup. Golson would be our starting QB the very second he enrolls at UCONN. The problem for us is that he would also be the starting QB for quite a few P5 programs too.

Reaction Score
Are you serious? A kid with serious P5 experience as a QB with some wheels and an arm would not be a help immediately? If Diaco has a chance to bring him in he better put in the effort. This is a kid with 1 year of eligibility left that will play for some one next year as a fifth year. He is more of answer than what is on the team today.

I would say getting Golsten is more important than adding another low level project kid. Diaco should have the leg up on a lot of schools.
Thought he would sit out a transfer year. Miscommunication there pal. Didn't know he could play right away.

Reaction Score
Yup. Golson would be our starting QB the very second he enrolls at UCONN. The problem for us is that he would also be the starting QB for quite a few P5 programs too.
Diaco might have a prior relationship. It could help. It helped BC get Murphy for 1 year. Golsten makes a bowl next year a serious probability and could only enhance his reputation, which can honestly use some help.

Reaction Score
Thought he would sit out a transfer year. Miscommunication there pal. Didn't know he could play right away.
Okay. I thought you meant he was not an upgrade. Sorry for the aggressive tone.

Reaction Score
Okay. I thought you meant he was not an upgrade. Sorry for the aggressive tone.
Not at all. He surely would be, just thought he would be a regular transfer and have to sit out as Shirreffs did. Did not know he would be eligible right away.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks Golson isn't a massive improvement upon any option we'll have next year is an idiot. Anyone who thinks Golson is coming here is a bigger idiot.
Hey BoatShow, why don't you come up with a better idea for a UConn QB because it's probably been the most difficult position to fill in college football for the last 10 years. It's not as far-fetched as you might think.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I would take him in a heartbeat and think he could help UCONN greatly. I don't think he is coming here but maybe he likes HCBD a lot, who knows.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Well I'm sure that Coach Diaco has his cell # and will definitely give it a buzz now that the season is officially over. Getting him would definitely inject some enthusiasm into the program and fanbase and equate to more wins in 2015. I just don't know if it's possible - he will be heavily pursued if he went that route.

Reaction Score
All speculation at this point based on tonights ball game and a couple comments from the announcers.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If we can't land impact recruits considering upper-tier P5 schools, how can we expect to land transfers from those schools?

Reaction Score
FSU the leader, we're tied for last.

For Miller that is.

Yeah, FSU, Duke and Oregon appear to be his top options according to media speculation. All the more reason there's no shot in hell unless Diaco and company are the greatest salesmen alive.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was against the rules for other coaches to each out to players at another school. I thought the kid had to first contact the school before any sort of conversation could be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom