Can Nolan be our answer at the 5 next yr? | The Boneyard

Can Nolan be our answer at the 5 next yr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems like he is starting to adjust to the college game. With a summer of weight training and scrimmaging, it will be interesting to see how he continues to develop. Love his recent production/energy.

It would give us great flexibility if Tyler can off the bench or moved to the PF slot. The possibility of TO and NG coming on the bench as Sr's would give us a big advantage in the hunt for a 4th championship!

Reaction Score
He'll be part of the rotation, for sure. Not sure if we have any one guy that is "the answer" at the 5, but we'll certainly have better depth.

Reaction Score
Don't count Tyler (our Senior Champion) out just yet.

Reaction Score
If everyone that can stays this is what i would like to see...wow we will have some serious depth if Brimah/Facey can produce for us. With Bazz leading the team anything is possible. Hope he stays we will have everything you would want in a team.

Bazz
Calhoun
Daniels
Nolan
Brimah/Facey

6th man: Boat

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There's a part of me that's hoping Wolfs thing doesn't turn out too serious and he, nolan and Brimah can rotate at the five with Facey, TO and DD (when Uconn wants to play small) play at the four. TO is much better alongside another big than the primary big.

Reaction Score
Nolan really benefitted from Wolff's absence
Yes he has benefited. I don't know if he will ever be a star but the kid can play and will only help going forward.

Reaction Score
Nolan is getting better and better each game. If he keeps improving I think he can definitely be the answer next year the 5. He wont be Thabeet or Oak, but it looks like he can definitely play at this level.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if bazz goes

boat
0mar
dd
facey
phil

-gif is ou 6th man who can come on for any of our 2/3/4/5 and fill and move slots around
-samuel backs up boat for 5-10 a game. maybe a couple minutes with boat as a 2 for omar
-olander backs up center position and gives us a change up look as his typical hybrid 4/5 is good at times
-i can not expect pt from brimah right now. just dont know/see enough. not sure how raw or how good the competition is in hs playing him
-leon as our back up 4 is nice as hes a big body but hybrid game. i kinda see novack(knicks/marq) type potential. any one else?

bazz coming back is a huge game changer or us landing any more recruits. but as is above the 10 man i just posted and take into account allen as 11 getting a filler ship once again i think thats a sweet 16 team/top25 team.

one of the major reasons CB is such a mess this year is uconn, unc and uk are all having down years. if u look at the past 15 years, this year is prety rare. next year the 3 of us will be extremely hungry and highly thought of. it will create quite the f4 buzz pre season imho.

Reaction Score
Nolan is getting better and better each game. If he keeps improving I think he can definitely be the answer next year the 5. He wont be Thabeet or Oak, but it looks like he can definitely play at this level.

Nolan's body & mind set kind of reminds me of Hilton Armstrong at that age. Tall & thin, not very physical, still learning the game, but got better over time. Who knows who will start at Center next year. Does Ollie really bench a Senior in Olander? Tough call, not our call, but I'm sure some of us have opinions. Ha!

Reaction Score
Nolan's body & mind set kind of reminds me of Hilton Armstrong at that age. Tall & thin, not very physical, still learning the game, but got better over time. Who knows who will start at Center next year. Does Ollie really bench a Senior in Olander? Tough call, not our call, but I'm sure some of us have opinions. Ha!
Lets hope he puts on bulk in Hilton units. Having a fat ass helps a lot in rebounding (Barkley) and we don't have any fat asses.

Reaction Score
Lets hope he puts on bulk in Hilton units. Having a fat ass helps a lot in rebounding (Barkley) and we don't have any fat asses.

Ha... that's why we need that Abu kid from Boston. He's packing some muscles & bulk... and some nasty inside. Ed Cooley is all over him, don't want to miss out on him. He'd be great with Facey & Nolan up front.

Reaction Score
Nolan is a lot more craftier than I fist thought and got a pretty good stroke from the line. Defiantly needs to put some weight on to be able to bang with the big boys, but then again I was the one ranting about Daniels needing to put on weight so errr. He should get some good minutes next year with some solid off season conditioning.

U

UCONNfan1

Like Nolan's game and glad he's gotten a chance to not only show what he can do, but also to play thru mistakes, something he might not have had the luxury with Wolf around to play as well.

No idea who the starters will be. A lot depends on Bazz. Hoping we start Napier, Boat, Calhoun, Daniels, and Nolan.

Reaction Score
Like Nolan's game and glad he's gotten a chance to not only show what he can do, but also to play thru mistakes, something he might not have had the luxury with Wolf around to play as well.

No idea who the starters will be. A lot depends on Bazz. Hoping we start Napier, Boat, Calhoun, Daniels, and Nolan.

This seems like a strong lineup, with Olander, Giffey, Wolf (maybe), Facey coming off the bench. Should have a very deep bench next year.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Brimah's reach is almost a foot longer than anyone else's on next year's team. Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
Brimah's reach is almost a foot longer than anyone else's on next year's team. Just sayin'.

He's also weighs approximately 210-215 lbs. He needs to hit Five Guys for some burgers.

Reaction Score
FWIW, Brimah began his offseason workout to add 10-15 lbs. ?last week? to get ready for the upcoming season..

Reaction Score
Nolan is a lot more craftier than I fist thought and got a pretty good stroke from the line. Defiantly needs to put some weight on to be able to bang with the big boys, but then again I was the one ranting about Daniels needing to put on weight so errr. He should get some good minutes next year with some solid off season conditioning.
This is for sure. He's shown a couple post moves and has finished in a variety of ways the past couple games. Also, his form is really smooth at the line.

Reaction Score
Phil looks like he is gaining confidence and he has game, maybe really good game - we shall see when he returns next year after a summer which will tell the tale on how hard he worked. I'm willing to bet he improves dramatically more than AO did from his soph to Jr years ....:D....just saying

Reaction Score
Phil looks like he is gaining confidence and he has game, maybe really good game - we shall see when he returns next year after a summer which will tell the tale on how hard he worked. I'm willing to bet he improves dramatically more than AO did from his soph to Jr years ....:D....just saying

Ha.... And Nolan won't brag about how much he improved like Alex O did. Alex was such a negative last year. Zero leadership qualities. He just pouted. I think he listend to Jamal Coombs-McDaniel too much, Alex just seemed to follow that same path of self destruction. Not sure why....

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Fortunately Phil Nolan isn't a Mumu with a father who can't keep off of Twitter for 5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom