Calipari | The Boneyard

Calipari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Most of all I would like to thank the parents for letting this happen." Listening to this huckster makes my stomach turn. I can totally understand why John Chaney acted that way all those years ago.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
"Most of all I would like to thank the parents for letting this happen." Listening to this huckster makes my stomach turn. I can totally understand why John Chaney acted that way all those years ago.
He never stops selling.

Reaction Score

Haha did he really say that wtf is that supposed to mean.

Reaction Score
i was catching glimpses of the game at the bar and i saw a few shots of him down the stretch where it looked like exactly that. He looked more panicked than any coach i've seen on the sidelines.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
"we didn't play well"

just an excuse making slime ball used car salesman (as opposed to good and honorable salesmen from every profession)

the only professions that are almost totally devoid of honor and character would be politicians and the media, Squid's 2nd calling

Reaction Score
He was thankful for the athletic DNA his players possess, because his parents passed on very little DNA when it comes to coaching a game from the bench.

If you are an nba team in which round of the draft would you select one of the Harrison twins? IMO they have not improved and I think there is a good chance they will be nba busts. I know they came up big in the last 2 minutes, but for 57 minutes they did not play well. Last years our guys clearly out played them.

Reaction Score
Elite 8, Final 4, Champs, NIT, Runner up, Final 4. Not too bad. Will be interested in how good they are next year since they will likely lose 8 guys this season. Hope Cal hops to the NBA though, he has a monopoly on the NCAA tournament right now.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Elite 8, Final 4, Champs, NIT, Runner up, Final 4. Not too bad. Will be interested in how good they are next year since they will likely lose 8 guys this season. Hope Cal hops to the NBA though, he has a monopoly on the NCAA tournament right now.
My guess is if they win it all he leaves with the mass exodus of players. It would be hard to top an undefeated season, and it would raise the crazy expectations of UK fans even more. He is likely headed to the Hall of Fame this year, and we will be at peak Calipari for a month of tongue baths on ESPN.

Reaction Score
Halftime Calipari:

" Can you believe it's tied? We missed like 8 one footers and turned it over at times we never would have before (laughing the whole time in his snide snake oil way). We weren't very good but it's tied. (and then matter of factly) But give credit to Notre Dame because they came to play."

They came to play you fn AH? Really, did you think they were going to stay in the locker room FF?

How can anyone stand this wind pipe, really I don't understand it and never will?

Reaction Score
Her used the "we had a lot of freshman playing out there...." line again too after the game.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Maybe this makes no sense, but I despise Cal, but I'm glad they won because I hate ND. It wouldn't bother me if ND loses every game by a point in every sport they play just to feel the frustration. A self-entitled sports franchise. They fed off the Big East and contributed nada of value.

Reaction Score
Halftime Calipari:

" Can you believe it's tied? We missed like 8 one footers and turned it over at times we never would have before (laughing the whole time in his snide snake oil way). We weren't very good but it's tied. (and then matter of factly) But give credit to Notre Dame because they came to play."

They came to play you fn AH? Really, did you think they were going to stay in the locker room FF?

How can anyone stand this wind pipe, really I don't understand it and never will?

Wisky is the team to beat them if Frank stays out of foul trouble. Wisky has 3 legit pro's on their roster and experience. Kentucky is favored by 6.

Reaction Score
Maybe this makes no sense, but I despise Cal, but I'm glad they won because I hate ND. It wouldn't bother me if ND loses every game by a point in every sport they play just to feel the frustration. A self-entitled sports franchise. They fed off the Big East and contributed nada of value.

Wow that's tough. I was almost as nervous down the stretch for ND to win as I would've been for UConn so we could laugh at Calipari's 9 NBA recruits losing. I just want to hear his excuses, I really do it will be entertainment at its finest. I mean I will love Duke if the 2 play, that's the despise I have for that wind pipe!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
My guess is if they win it all he leaves with the mass exodus of players. It would be hard to top an undefeated season, and it would raise the crazy expectations of UK fans even more. He is likely headed to the Hall of Fame this year, and we will be at peak Calipari for a month of tongue baths on ESPN.
he said on tv after he won it with anthony davis that before he retires/leaves he wants an undefeated season

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
get rid of this one and done rule... go back to how it was or make it like baseball

Reaction Score
H
"we didn't play well"

just an excuse making slime ball used car salesman (as opposed to good and honorable salesmen from every profession)

the only professions that are almost totally devoid of honor and character would be politicians and the media, Squid's 2nd calling
He may have been trying to send a message to his own team.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Coaches of 38-0 teams are by definition bad coaches.

Squid wins when he has a disparity in talent

First he emulated UNLV (literally his stated objective), making kids academically ineligible for other institutions eligible to play for him

and now he mastered the one and done sales pitch, I'll use you and you use me and we'll both make money

I won't give Squid the respect many others do until he wins when he's not supposed too, when he has less talent, when he actually develops a player

the analogy I'll use is Paul Evans. He was a great coach when David Robinson shot up six inches at Navy, and he followed that by being a great coach at Pitt when he arrived and found the likes of Charles Smith and Jerome Lane waiting for him

without that talent, he sucked

Reaction Score
"Calipari is the only head coach to have Final Four appearances vacated at more than one school,[3] although Calipari himself was not personally implicated by the NCAA in either case" (Wikipedia)

Makes you wonder, if someone other than the NCAA had investigated his crap programs would he have been implicated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom