Calipari said "I don't know anything about uconn" then says | The Boneyard

Calipari said "I don't know anything about uconn" then says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
20 minutes later he claims James Young will drop 25+ points on monday. Book it, he said. James Young watch out 25 points even though he has no clue about our team at all, that's whats gonna happen.

DOOOOOOMEDDDDD

Reaction Score
20 minutes later he claims James Young will drop 25+ points on monday. Book it, he said. James Young watch out 25 points even though he has no clue about our team at all, that's whats gonna happen.

DOOOOOOMEDDDDD

This guy talks, acts and looks like a used car salesman; and he continues to get legitimacy from talking heads(many of who are former coaches) who should be repelled by his methods; and, most importantly, the influence/impact of his methods on the thought processes of recruits and their families. A small percentage of college players will make a good living from the game. Coaches know that. They are bringing young men on to college campuses; and, while they want their program to succeed(wins,titles etc.), they HAVE to find a balance so that what they do also prepares the majority of their players for life in the world with all of the rest of us.

Calamari is a profiteer whose focus is skewing, in, imo, a very negative way, the entire vision/purpose of the sport. Kentucky provides an environment for it because, as evidenced by the size of their fan base, they also make a fortune. He is not and never will be on the same page or even in the same book with Kevin Ollie; and I sure as hell would rather have him(KO) running the program I root for. I would hope that UCONN never loses their perspective as well. Obviously no college program is perfect; but Kentucky needs to get rid of this guy; and get back to player development on and off the court instead of being an NBA fast track.

GO HUSKIES!!!
BEAT THE WILDCATS!!!
555.jpg

628x471.jpg

Reaction Score
Calamari is a profiteer whose focus is skewing,

Dude, what's with the BS Italian steriotype? I hate the guy too, but what's with "Calamari"? BTW, CT has the highest percentage of Italian Americans in the country.
628x471.jpg

caw

Reaction Score
Napier/Boatright vs Harrison/Harrison. Two guys who hate each other versus twins
Giffey vs Young. Best shooter in college ball versus Giffey (according to UK/Cal)
Daniels versus Randle. Randle is bigger and should dominate a frail Daniels
Nolan versus Johnson. Duh, Johnson.

Bench:
Lee
Poythress

Vs

Brimah
Kromah
Samuel

UK does one thing that is pretty scary though, they offensive rebound at a 40%+ rate. They are mediocre defensively but did block a good number of shots with Cauley Stein.

They have two guys who can shoot in Young and one of the Harrisons.

The big matchup seems to be Daniels and Randle. Randle will throw his weight around down low. While he isn't quite the beast Harrell is. He's probably a close second. The question is how UConn defends him and how he defends Daniels. I doubt they put Johnson on Daniels, though I could see them switching Randle to center and using Lee or Poythess on Daniels. Of course that means our center by committee will need to play strong.

I like the guard matchup better than against UL, I think boat and Napier can stay in front of the twins but their main offense is to drive the ball right at the defender and draw fouls. That could be dangerous. Samuel could be key if there is any foul trouble.

doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom