Calipari, Free Throws (missed) and "Freshmen"…. | The Boneyard

Calipari, Free Throws (missed) and "Freshmen"….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay I have a lot to post on this season soon as it was special and I've had no time for it to soak in or write it down…..

But I will say this, I stayed up all night excited, much like when they won in the 3 past NC's, to hear the media throw the Huskies on a podium and tell me how proud everyone is of the special run they had……But instead it's all about Calipari, his kids who played like freshmen and all the missed opportunities, basically because the are freshmen!!

Let me throw my 2 cents in (if you don't I will anyway):

Calipari proved he is a good coach who gets great players. I don't care what their age is and how he wants to frame "people like to say they aren't freshmen anymore but they are" BS………Jeremy Lamb was a freshman who didn't play like a freshman and Shabazz Napier was a freshman who didn't play like a freshman in 2011…….we all know that as we saw it right before our eyes. And JC proclaimed "they are NO LONGER freshman" not putting pressure on them but squarely on himself knowing he coached and prepared them to be ready for the moment and ready to compete and prove they were worthy. Add to that these kids were lucky to be in the Top 75 players in the country unlike the 7 McD AA's which Calipari did NOT prepare for the big stage.

Let me ask Cal this, the media should have by now if they had any balls - Cal were they playing like "freshmen" when they beat Wisconsin or were you just waiting to use that if YOU failed, not them, YOU as a coach unable to get them to play like men! Top 15-20 players in HS, most closer to 20 years old than 18 and you're whining? You suck, you are only as good as the talent you throw out there. Congrats on the runner up finish with all of your stars. You get them and allow your fans little time to get acquainted with them as student athletes while KO and the staff gets kids like Bazz, Boat, Giffey, Deandre, Terence etc etc etc……i like the way UConn does it…….and wins too!

Oh yeah damn the FT's………damn good thing they didn't call anything on you or we would have beaten you by 20 because we only shot 10 and you missed more than we made. Hardly a reason to whine for anyone other than us!!

Fk the media, kiss a** pansies………..UCONN Nation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom