Caitlin Clark fouled On 3 Point Shot | The Boneyard

Caitlin Clark fouled On 3 Point Shot

Reaction Score
Actually though she was untouched on the made 3 where she was supposedly fouled and collapsed to the floor clutching her leg. I hope this clip gets posted because after the shot as she was coming she acted like she had been shot. That was academy award acting.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Actually though she was untouched on the made 3 where she was supposedly fouled and collapsed to the floor clutching her leg. I hope this clip gets posted because after the shot as she was coming she acted like she had been shot. That was academy award acting.
Players are supposed to be allowed to land safely on the court without a defender coming underneath them. It’s a safety issue to prevent leg and ankle injuries. On that play Ashlynn closed hard on Clark. While there was no contact on the shot, per se, Ashlynn’s right foot prevented Clark from a clean landing. Clark stepped on Ashlynn’s foot and slightly twisted her ankle. It was a foul and was called correctly by the referee.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Actually what I saw on the replay was Caitlin doing what she often does...on her patented 3 point shots, she jumps into the defender. On this instance it was Ashlynn who was hurrying to put her hand near Caitlin. When Caitlin landed, moving forward, she landed on Ashlynn's foot, and Caitlin rolled her ankle. It's a shame that a defensive player gets called for fouls when the MO of this player is to jump into her defender.
And when Clark is driving towards the rim, the majority of the time she uses her off ball forearm to push the opposition away. This too will be called a foul against the defense. But if it works, keep doing it.(Which she did...)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Actually what I saw on the replay was Caitlin doing what she often does...on her patented 3 point shots, she jumps into the defender. On this instance it was Ashlynn who was hurrying to put her hand near Caitlin. When Caitlin landed, moving forward, she landed on Ashlynn's foot, and Caitlin rolled her ankle. It's a shame that a defensive player gets called for fouls when the MO of this player is to jump into her defender.
And when Clark is driving towards the rim, the majority of the time she uses her off ball forearm to push the opposition away. This too will be called a foul against the defense. But if it works, keep doing it.(Which she did...)
Yes, Clark did jump forward taking her shot. But unless it’s “clearly obvious” that the player is trying to draw the foul, the refs usually give the benefit of the doubt to the shooter.

It is a skill that Clark has mastered. It will serve her well in the W.

Reaction Score
This is exactly why I can’t respect her game.

Reaction Score
Players are supposed to be allowed to land safely on the court without a defender coming underneath them. It’s a safety issue to prevent leg and ankle injuries. On that play Ashlynn closed hard on Clark. While there was no contact on the shot, per se, Ashlynn’s right foot prevented Clark from a clean landing. Clark stepped on Ashlynn’s foot and slightly twisted her ankle. It was a foul and was called correctly by the referee.
Per the rules...it was a foul, but I would like for it to go away. If it's about safety, then they should call it when the offense extends into the space of the defender. AND...this whole notion about giving space to land doesn't apply inside the paint where most of the ankle sprains probably occur. In general, imo the offense has too many advantages in basketball...at all levels.

Reaction Score
That call is made all the time, even when it looks like the shooter is leaning into and even kicking out at the defender. I personally think it should only be made if the defender is clearly occupying the space directly below where the shooter would naturally land. In the NBA it is comical how often a defender is called for a foul when the shooter is obviously and purposely kicking a leg out.

Reaction Score
All the great 3-point shooters do that now. Cam Spencer is a master of it. The refs regularly "fall" for it, even when the leg kick is supposed to be illegal.

Reaction Score
Usually the defender does not get the space unless they are set with their feet planted, not moving towards the shooter, even if the shooter is not going straight up.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It was a foul. This is not the one to beef about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom