Christ Koumadje (Committed to Florida State) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Christ Koumadje (Committed to Florida State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm ignorant when it comes to most things especially recruiting. Why do so many players back out after scheduling a visit? It seem to me that a lot of preparation would go into a visit.

Reaction Score
I'm ignorant when it comes to most things especially recruiting. Why do so many players back out after scheduling a visit? It seem to me that a lot of preparation would go into a visit.
Hence why I ask if there's any more information i.e. some rationale for why the cancellation happened

But just this last year we've had several kids back out of visits, allegedly re-plan them, drop out again, and eventually commit elsewhere so this definitely doesn't seem good unless there's a real good reason

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hence why I ask if there's any more information i.e. some rationale for why the cancellation happened

But just this last year we've had several kids back out of visits, allegedly re-plan them, drop out again, and eventually commit elsewhere so this definitely doesn't seem good unless there's a real good reason

Maybe because AAU schedules and teams change a fair bit. Constant conflicts. Then kids see somewhere else in the interim, get interested and commit there instead.

Reaction Score
Not really a fan so I wouldn't be too disappointed if this one doesn't go UConn's way

Reaction Score
Usually in recruiting a "tentatively rescheduled visit" means it's time to cross the kid off the list.

Reaction Score
Praise the staff for realizing they were wildlin

Reaction Score
I think it may have been from UConn's side.
Which could mean he's not a top option, especially with D'Jery Baptiste coming in next weekend, whom I think is a better prospect. Any word if Stone is coming for an official visit? I'd hope so & soon. First night would be nice, but seems a long ways off.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
To me he is a late, last option for UCONN. I'm with James & aceboon on this.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Which means we must have someone locked down right? What other reason would we back off
This is my hope as well, but one reason we might back off is if the kid just seems like he's not interested - better to spend our time, energy and resources going after someone we have a better shot at, perhaps?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
So we are going after Stone as number one option, with Baptiste and Comanche next, with Koumadje 4th. Does anyone have a sense about Comanche -- is he a real option for UConn? I wonder what will happen if Zimmerman declares for Arizona....will that rule-out Comanche for Arizona? Ivan Rabb is getting some predictions for Cal...does he effect the dominoes at all?

I wonder if the coaches will try to string out the recruitment of Baptiste and Comanche, waiting to see if we can sign Stone. Thoughts by those closer to recruiting?

Reaction Score
“@AdamZagoria: SMU coach Larry Brown is now meeting w/ 7-foot-4 Jean Marc Christ Koumadje at @MVABasketball . UConn, UCLA also there”

Reaction Score
I think it may have been from UConn's side.
So we are going after Stone as number one option, with Baptiste and Comanche next, with Koumadje 4th. Does anyone have a sense about Comanche -- is he a real option for UConn? I wonder what will happen if Zimmerman declares for Arizona....will that rule-out Comanche for Arizona? Ivan Rabb is getting some predictions for Cal...does he effect the dominoes at all?

I wonder if the coaches will try to string out the recruitment of Baptiste and Comanche, waiting to see if we can sign Stone. Thoughts by those closer to recruiting?
I wondered if UConn was the one that pushed out his visit. Your best shot at getting a verbal is during a visit. It's a juggling act in that if you're near the end, a recruit might commit before he visits. If you bring a recruit in earlier than ones that you prefer more, you might have to try to hold off on that recruit from committing which could end up turning them off realizing that they're just not that important to them compared to some other program that has them as their top choice. I don't know how these coaches handle this recruiting circus.

My guess is similar, in that KO's order for 5s is Stone, Baptiste/Comanche then Koumadje, but who knows?!?!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Given that Kevin Ollie is effectively in the kid's living room, perhaps some of the idiotic speculation can stop.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If you're 7 foot 4 and you cant get a minute of playing time for your high school squad........

Not saying he doesn't have major upside but appears to be a huge project.

Reaction Score
Given that Kevin Ollie is effectively in the kid's living room, perhaps some of the idiotic speculation can stop.
I doubt it was Ollie at his HS today considering the fact he had an in-home with Newman in Mississippi. My guess right now it Moore.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Who cares who it was - UConn's clearly interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom