BYU, SDSU, and Boise in talks with MWC | The Boneyard

BYU, SDSU, and Boise in talks with MWC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The unfortunate thing about news reporting these days is it's all "report" without any analysis or context anymore. Just because someone says they're "considering" something doesn't mean they really have any intentions.

This is a smart move if only because there are no downsides. They're part of the BigEast, but having this rumour out there allows the possiblity for the MWC to offer them something better, or for the BE to get scared and offer them a full invite.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Due diligence and they sold some numbers that are flying South. CYA time

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
These schools' leaders would be committing malfeasance if they didn't have plan B. How much of a genius does it take to realize that if there aren't anymore teams left in a conference that it might be smart to think about what you are going to do.

In this day and age, they better have plan c and plan d outlined too.

Reaction Score
So much for NBE westward expansion.

If we are a bridesmaid again, we're stuck in Conference USA 2.0 for the foreseeable future.

Too bad Herbst and Manuel weren't here a few years ago but hopefully they can help secure an ACC landing spot for us over the competition.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
They got what they wanted out of the BCS (and the BE), access by the top Non-AQ champion. They don't need the BE any longer. Why not look into forming the top Non-AQ FB conference without Temple, Memphis, USF, and UCF?

Reaction Score

If we are a bridesmaid again, we're stuck in Conference USA 2.0 for the foreseeable future.

Too bad Herbst and Manuel weren't here a few years ago but hopefully they can help secure an ACC landing spot for us over the competition.

I feel bad for Aresco. By all accounts he was the right guy for the job and if he'd been here 10 years ago I think a lot of things would have played out differently. Instead his conference is going to dissolve around him. Assuming Louisville or UConn leaves the BE I can't imagine the western teams still coming over. How much does it suck to be him trying to negotiate a media contract right now?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Aresco. By all accounts he was the right guy for the job and if he'd been here 10 years ago I think a lot of things would have played out differently. Instead his conference is going to dissolve around him. Assuming Louisville or UConn leaves the BE I can't imagine the western teams still coming over. How much does it suck to be him trying to negotiate a media contract right now?

about as much as it would suck to be us if we don't get an invite to another conference

Reaction Score
NBE was an abortion from day 1. With RU, Pitt, and Orange gone, and LVille one foot out the door, we're left holding a real bag of sh$t. If this goes as its looking, this is malfeasance of the highest order by morons in Storrs. Everyone of them should be fired immediately

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Can't wait to see ESPN reconcile that reporting....

image.jpg

Reaction Score
Denials on this don't mean a lot.

Or this could be a trial balloon being floated by the MWC, which would love to lure those guys back.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Denials on this don't mean a lot.

Or this could be a trial balloon being floated by the MWC, which would love to lure those guys back.

There is absolutely zero reason for those schools to return to the MWC. It is equivalent to Rutgers returning to the Big East. It will never happen. It was a stupid story, and I suspect the SDSU is tired of ESPN duck*ing with their program.

Reaction Score

I could easily see the BE leftovers joining conference usa in a sign of utter defeat. If things go as planned - Snooki and turtles to B10, Syrapitt and Louisville to ACC and the west coast schools back where they started. My God, what is left? This could be the face saving move for the eventual loss of a BCS bid which seems really likely to happen if things play out the way they are going.

If this happen the University of Connecticut will have decided to upgrade right at the slow start of the BE's implosion. Didn't Uconn join early as a response to the departure of the convicts, the jokies and BCU? UConn's football upgrade might prove to be the worst timed move of its kind in the history of the ncaa. We are watching the end game of this process and the demise of a conference caused chiefly by the malpractice of the desk monkeys who ran this league into the ground because they never understood that football pulls the wagon.

Reaction Score
I could easily see the BE leftovers joining conference usa in a sign of utter defeat. If things go as planned - Snooki and turtles to B10, Syrapitt and Louisville to ACC and the west coast schools back where they started. My God, what is left? This could be the face saving move for the eventual loss of a BCS bid which seems really likely to happen if things play out the way they are going.

If this happen the University of Connecticut will have decided to upgrade right at the slow start of the BE's implosion. Didn't Uconn join early as a response to the departure of the convicts, the jokies and BCU? UConn's football upgrade might prove to be the worst timed move of its kind in the history of the ncaa. We are watching the end game of this process and the demise of a conference caused chiefly by the malpractice of the desk monkeys who ran this league into the ground because they never understood that football pulls the wagon.

Pretty much sums the state of affair up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom