BYU - on the move? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

BYU - on the move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course, it also presents an interesting scenario...as we saw with ESPN's active participation in removing the Big East from existence, how long will the networks want to pay the likes of Iowa State, Kansas State, Okie State and the lesser Texans $40M a year when their actual value isn't even close? If markets are money, paying top dollar for second-flight teams from small flyover states will not make sense for long.

I agree, I think there's a ceiling for the Big 12. Growth can only be supported by adding National Brands and there really aren't any left. Additionally, if they had their own network, a team like UConn would be more valued, but how much would that network generate with the collection of small markets and redundancies within those markets. Even having contracts split between two networks can be a detriment. So, I just don't see how they get to $50M in the near future, if ever.

Reaction Score
In summary, the "State U's" are hoping for a BYU invitation along with a less likely P5 poaching to solidify the great plains conference.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, Congrats! Sounds like it was a big day for you as UConn picked up a win in D-1A. Losing to UConn and then playing in a stupid bowl game in Boise, ID was not the way to end a season that had the Cyclones ranked #9 in the country at midyear. Seasons go on though, but with your American Athletic Conference schedule and our slate of Big 12 games, our win 3-4 years ago might be the last meeting between the two schools in football.
And we'll be waiting For you in hoops if you ever want to get blown out of the building again.

Reaction Score
Gosh, now I see what the B1G & ACC has been missing out on. How in the world did UConn get left behind, overlooked? You’re all just a friendly, super swell group of guys and gals. Good luck with the AAC thing. No, I mean it….good luck (lol).

Oh, Fish Dick, go f--- yourself you worthless piece of s---.

Bye bye nice people. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Reaction Score
You have to be in your own little self absorbed world to be a guest on this board and behave like that..................or you are 12.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Siwwy wabbit...fish don't have dicks.

They have gonopodiums and and intromittant organs...and some are hermaphroditic (nothing personal, Fishy).

A Florida State fan, lecturing an Iowa State fan on fish dicks, or there lack thereof.

The UConn conference realignment board ladies and gentlemen.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Wow. Take a few days off and this happens. Still trying to figure out what BYU has to do with fish gentiles (or lack thereof). These CR threads always go off topic at some point, but this particular diversion is epic.

When the fearless leader of one of the most well known CR boards is named Fishy, fish gentiles always have a chance of showing up.

Reaction Score
image.jpg
Fisk Dick, buff my knob a.

Reaction Score
At the very least this thread will be helpful to one group of people. Rinaldi's Doctors. They'll be able to pinpoint with some accuracy the moment he had his last psychotic episode.

It isn't that complicated.

Rinaldi's mom fed him fish sticks when he was a kid. It was STicks, Rinaldi. You misunderstood

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ah, no.

It's my house.

He lives here - you're a guest.

Dude...just noticed your new measurements. Seriously impressive. I thought 6'6 250 was good.

Reaction Score
I think this is all pretty simple. And anyone from Iowa State (with their 61,000 seat football stadium, 14,000 seat Hoop Dome, etc) needs to see this roll out. The B1G and the SEC are going to take off in Gross Revenue. Far surpass the B12. Each variable is in their favor. (the Pac 12 has a unique problem - not enough content for the EST; but some great markets)

At some point, they will have their choice of Universities. They will do this because the structure of their contracts allow them to overpay for the ongoing markets they want.

As a UConn fan, I still see OUR value as the New England (even Northeastern US Public). We have play. I think we see the brick wall coming for lots of Universities in the ACC/B12 sphere (more the latter).

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
You mean that small, private, religious-affiliated, fourth ACC school in North Carolina that's never won anything doesn't deserve to be in a P5 more than us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom