BYU - on the move? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

BYU - on the move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Econ 101

Cartels cheat. The Money changes in such a fashion that the incentives push the major Players to abrogate any and all the contract clauses. You'll never keep Texas if they can get $70m in a Pac 12 (or 20) or a B1G NEWCO. You cannot keep up. Control won't keep them if the numbers widen. And, you have already set the precedent that you can take this out of the NCAA. Iowa State is one of the most vulnerable of the P5.

You think this is pretend? I say it is going to be a 30-40 Super Conference & you ain't in it. (then it will shake out from there)

Yeah, I know that's what you're saying. I'm not overly familiar with your ability to see into the future, please excuse my skepticism. Frankly, the chance of only 30-40 teams being in the top level of college football is exceedingly small. On the other hand, if that future vision helps you cope with today's reality then party on, brother.

Reaction Score
It doesn't take all that much brass to shoot down a team with 0 conference wins. Just saying.
...compared to your 1 conference win. In a G5 conference no less. You're picking the wrong season to defend UConn football.

Reaction Score
Well that is one optional future pretend world. Meanwhile in today's reality...

Many UConn fans need to live in an "optional pretend world" in order to get out of bed in the morning. In that world we are in a p5 conference where the UConn athletic programs are not at risk like they are in the real world of the AAC.

Reaction Score
...compared to your 1 conference win. In a G5 conference no less. You're picking the wrong season to defend UConn football.
UCONN football stunk this year, no question. But we've already been kicked in the balls multiple times so we can handle it. ISU fans with an 0-fer in a shaky conference will be hit with some hard knowledge soon enough. By the way, a win over UCF beats a loss to Kansas any day of the week.

Reaction Score
Many UConn fans need to live in an "optional pretend world" in order to get out of bed in the morning. In that world we are in a p5 conference where the UConn athletic programs are not at risk like they are in the real world of the AAC.
And that is honestly not right. College athletics were meant to be regional rivalries with schools that shared common traits not some made for television event with zero flavor. If you have so many schools in your conference that you play another school every four to six years, that is no longer a conference. It's a marketing consortium.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCONN football stunk this year, no question. But we've already been kicked in the balls multiple times so we can handle it. ISU fans with an 0-fer in a shaky conference will be hit with some hard knowledge soon enough. By the way, a win over UCF beats a loss to Kansas any day of the week.

It's a cold, barren world when you are reduced to hoping other schools are tossed aside and bragging about a single conference win.

Reaction Score
Well, this is a UConn message board, so....

What are you doing here, again?
I don't have a problem with UConn. Matter of fact I like UConn. Enjoy the basketball program very much. Think you should be in the ACC, not the AAC. I'm certainly not here to pick a fight. It's just ripping on ISU (in whom I have nothing invested) after your 2014 football season is a bit hard to swallow. Just guessing here, but you don't have much tolerance for criticism, do you?

Reaction Score
...and your win over Army? Come on, 2014 is over. Let's hope for improvement this year. Pretty hard to defend either ISU or UConn football in 2014. It sounds like "We sucked but we sucked less than you." Hard to win that argument. Furthermore, why even have it?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with UConn. Matter of fact I like UConn. Enjoy the basketball program very much. Think you should be in the ACC, not the AAC. I'm certainly not here to pick a fight. It's just ripping on ISU (in whom I have nothing invested) after your 2014 football season is a bit hard to swallow. Just guessing here, but you don't have much tolerance for criticism, do you?

No, what I don't have tolerance for is people coming to a UConn board and acting surprised about or admonishing UConn fans for defending UConn.

I know, it's odd that people here would defend the school whose athletic programs this board was developed to discuss.

Reaction Score
No, what I don't have tolerance for is people coming to a UConn board and acting surprised about or admonishing UConn fans for defending UConn.

I know, it's odd that people here would defend the school whose athletic programs this board was developed to discuss.
got ya

Reaction Score
Seneca, you are in WAY over your head if you're talking smack with Pudge. He, if anyone, would know what's going on behind the scenes due to his professional life. I'l take his conjecture over your feeble smack talk anytime.

Reaction Score
I thought
Seneca, you are in WAY over your head if you're talking smack with Pudge. He, if anyone, would know what's going on behind the scenes due to his professional life. I'l take his conjecture over your feeble smack talk anytime.

I thought Pudge was in mourning over Leonard Nimoy, or at least lamenting Michael Keaton's loss.

Reaction Score
It's a cold, barren world when you are reduced to hoping other schools are tossed aside and bragging about a single conference win.

As lonely and as cold as the one you must be living in to be here right now?

Reaction Score
How many AAC football games are televised...other than regionally?

Virtually all of them are televised, nationally. Clearly you're not up to speed. You need to go back and take boneyard 101.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Right.

I've done pretty well for myself. What's pictured would be a downgrade, and so I'm not impressed.
Obligatory reply:
Pictures?

Reaction Score
Yeah, sure.

Seriously, you need to google a little and discover that in exchange for really low dollars ESPN is obligated to ensure a sizable chunk of AAC games are broadcast on national platforms. Pretty much every UConn football game was available on TV and I don't live in the region. Same goes for basketball. Of course, ESPN tries to get even via Thursday night games and 11:00am kickoffs.

Reaction Score

Pretend? When Texas and Oklahoma were having conversations with the PAC12 what was cycloning through the mind of the average Iowa State fan? Wait, you don't need to answer, we know exactly what you were thinking.

Reaction Score
Do you truly believe that?

Consolidation to two or 3 power conferences? No. A certain conference or two making potentially in the neighborhood of double what some of their competitors are making? Yes.

If every member of Conference A is making 40-50 million a year regardless of athletic performance, while Conference B is only paying it's members 25-30 million regardless of achievement, at a certain point some of the schools in Conference B may decide to explore their options.

Northwestern and Vanderbilt will be making considerably more TV revenue than Florida State, UNC, Oklahoma and Kansas. That can't sit well with these programs.

Reaction Score
Seriously, you need to google a little and discover that in exchange for really low dollars ESPN is obligated to ensure a sizable chunk of AAC games are broadcast on national platforms. Pretty much every UConn football game was available on TV and I don't live in the region. Same goes for basketball. Of course, ESPN tries to get even via Thursday night games and 11:00am kickoffs.
My apologies. You are correct. I thought you were ‘yanking my lariat’. Furthermore, let me thank you for not being intemperate in your response. I, regrettably, find you to be the exception rather than the rule on this board. Be well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How many AAC football games are televised...other than regionally?

That game wasn't even televised regionally. I'm just happy how UConn embarrassed ISU in the Big Dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom