Bye Bye SEC | The Boneyard

Bye Bye SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
All the hysteria by SEC fans on how great their conference was. Yet the only team who made it was Texas AM. It's like most of us said all year. A solid conference with no really good teams. None of them really are a top 10 team. SC, for all their skyrocketing up the rankings, played such a weak schedule that they backed into a 1 seed.

Either way, I'm not surprised (nor am I sad) to see most all of the SEC head home for the rest of the tourney.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I guess we were right! SEC struck out (except TAMU) in the sweet sixteen.

Not so easy when you play elite teams, huh??

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
No way should SC have been a 1 seed over Louisville.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm sad that Huskies don't get to play Tennessee straight up for #9.
Tennessee would have to make it past the elite 8, which they have not done in 6 years. For some strange reason the committee refuses to put them into our bracket. I'd love to see them as our 4 seed next year in the NCAA's... ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
TAMU is an SEC team by adoption, not birth.

Tenn and SC were over-seeded, in my view. Over-seeding works nicely for a lawn, but not SEC WCBB teams.

I sure hope the remaining SEC team departs tomorrow. :)

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Having seen them today I can unequivocally say... UConn would have kicked their cans down the road... They were not worthy of a one seed.

Reaction Score
I know, dark days for orange. Still... It would have been great to have the two teams there, so that "whoever won" (heh) would get #9, playing there in Nashville, Pat up in a luxury box, massive hype for a wcbb game, and tv ratings through the roof.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I'm sad that Huskies don't get to play Tennessee straight up for #9.

I'm sad too. A game with UCONN would expose EVERYTHING fundamentally bad about UT basketball. It would expose the horrible coaching, terrible offensive and defensive executions, the almost laughable unforced turnovers we tend to make, Burdick constantly dribbling the ball without any kind of purpose. Ya, that would have been a great game to watch. Monday and Tuesday I'm going to watch coaches who actually know how to coach and can get their teams playing like well oiled machines..Maybe Holly will take notice, but I'm sure she will still be making excuses by then about why she lost to Maryland

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm sad too. A game with UCONN would expose EVERYTHING fundamentally bad about UT basketball. It would expose the horrible coaching, terrible offensive and defensive executions, the almost laughable unforced turnovers we tend to make, Burdick constantly dribbling the ball without any kind of purpose. Ya, that would have been a great game to watch. Monday and Tuesday I'm going to watch coaches who actually know how to coach and can get their teams playing like well oiled machines..Maybe Holly will take notice, but I'm sure she will still be making excuses by then about why she lost to Maryland
OMG I'm so surprised by such a frank assessment. I actually give the Tennessee fans a lot of credit - the ones who came over here after such a hard loss. I don't think I could do that on their board, not that we have access to it any longer...

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
A lot of people argued that Stanford should have been #1 over SC. Somewhat of a moot point since Stanford was going to be playing at home no matter what. And if I was the Cardinal, I would have much rather played #3 PSU than #4 UNC, which can be really good when it wants to be.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Louisville did not earn a #1 seed.
How did they not earn a 1 seed? They lost to UConn three times and to UK at the beginning of the season. It's not like they lost to Vanderbilt...don't see how you could make a team a 1 seed that lost to Vandy...oh wait...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wow ... but hard to disagree with anything you say. Except I think she is still working on the whine that 'Tennessee had to prove our worth all year long, I don't know why, but we have had to prove our worth all year'. That was truly an odd statement. Isn't that why you actually play games ... to prove your ability each night and to improve? Does she think everyone else should see the uniform and just lay down? or that TN should have a bye into the final four each year?
Excuses can wait till next year.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I enjoyed the close-up look at Alyssa Thomas. Glad she has another game in front of her.

Reaction Score
Alyssa Thomas is an incredible talent, who is going to shine in the WNBA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom