Butler in 2011 | The Boneyard

Butler in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In 2011 the year Uconn beat Butler...that Butler teams was 14 - 9 in in the middle of February and they had just lost three straight to Milwaukee, Valpariso, and Youngstown State and actually a few games earlier than that 3 game losing streak, they lost to Milwaukee by 24 points. No this team did not win the title, thankfully, but it shows a team, who made the finals the year before, they lost their best player in Gordon Haywood. When you lose pieces, chemistry takes time....I guess what I am saying, this is my last moment of hope for the season and I am gonna ride it like a true fan, and believe....you gotta believe!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
In 2011 the year Uconn beat Butler...that Butler teams was 14 - 9 in in the middle of February and they had just lost three straight to Milwaukee, Valpariso, and Youngstown State and actually a few games earlier than that 3 game losing streak, they lost to Milwaukee by 24 points. No this team did not win the title, thankfully, but it shows a team, who made the finals the year before, they lost their best player in Gordon Haywood. When you lose pieces, chemistry takes time....I guess what I am saying, this is my last moment of hope for the season and I am gonna ride it like a true fan, and believe....you gotta believe!

As a Mets fan I have no choice but to like this post.

Reaction Score
Butler did lose Hayward but they still had Mack and Howard back, that would be the equivalent to having DD and Giffey back along with a guy like Kromah, but I get your jift. Well thats why they call it March Madness right.

Reaction Score
Butler did lose Hayward but they still had Mack and Howard back, that would be the equivalent to having DD and Giffey back along with a guy like Kromah, but I get your jift. Well thats why they call it March Madness right.

I'll take RB all day everyday

D

Deleted member 3149

The biggest thing is that we can hang with anyone. We played duke til the very end, beat a good SMU team, and have just as much starting 5 talent as any other team....including Kentucky

Reaction Score
The biggest thing is that we can hang with anyone. We played duke til the very end, beat a good SMU team, and have just as much starting 5 talent as any other team....including Kentucky

Wow just wow, pass me whatever you"re smoking.

Reaction Score
We have struggled mightily all year but we showed something in the SMU game. Boat is as good as anyone in the country and Hamilton is very good and in time will be special, the biggest key is Purvis being that second or third scorer and Brimah staying out of foul trouble. When these things happen we can be pretty dynamic but in no way do we have as much starting talent as Kentucky. They are bigger than most NBA teams and will have 2 players drafted top 5 in the upcoming draft with a third in the lottery. We should be a more confident bunch going forward but seriously slow your roll.

Reaction Score
this board is bipolar. after every loss there's threads saying this is the worst uconn team we've ever had, after every win "oh hey we could still be national champions"

appreciate the optimism, but the reality is this year's team just isn't very good. our eyes aren't deceiving us. and that's actually ok! last game they put the conference on notice that they're still out to kick ass in the AAC tournament on our turf. it was a statement game, which we were badly in need of. but they are what they are...largely inconsistent and still pretty raw. so I'm just enjoying each game as it comes, fully aware that some more frustration/disappointment may (and probably will) show up before the season is over.

our one and only goal right now is to continue to gel and play better team basketball limiting sloppy turnovers in the next 2 games and get ready for the tournament. Purvis catching fire last game was the best thing that could've happened for us

and this is just outright delusional.

Reaction Score
Wow just wow, pass me whatever you"re smoking.
I love these threads- rather have Uconn fans crazy optimistic then hear from Freescooter every 30 minutes. At least at Uconn you have a better chance of being right in March vs every other team in Ermica. F#%€ Yeah!

Reaction Score

You Gotta Believe!

Reaction Score
Somewhere in the middle here is truth. Game in, game out, this has not been a good basketball team. The good news is that it has not been a good team not, primarily, because it is physically overmatched but because it has not gelled, accepted rolls and played well together. That kind of team -- like what we had in '12 -- always has the hope of the lightbulb going on and the team playing up to its talent level. And, every time there is a game like Sunday's, you continue to hope.

Now, can and "likely to" are two totally different things. I put $100 down in Vegas for us to win it all. And that made me look like a total idiot. But I have not given up, because I still see four guys with NBA potential and some potentially useful role players around them, so I will hope that Sunday we saw the lightswitch go off.

We'll see.

Reaction Score
well maybe not kentucky....but you get the point

Not a bunch of teams in addition to Kentucky.

This Board is bi-polar and I appreciate the emotion but sometimes a little perspective would be nice too.

Reaction Score

The funniest thing about this post is that during the in-game chats you're about as negative a guy as there is.

Reaction Score
Somewhere in the middle here is truth. Game in, game out, this has not been a good basketball team. The good news is that it has not been a good team not, primarily, because it is physically overmatched but because it has not gelled, accepted rolls and played well together. That kind of team -- like what we had in '12 -- always has the hope of the lightbulb going on and the team playing up to its talent level. And, every time there is a game like Sunday's, you continue to hope.

Now, can and "likely to" are two totally different things. I put $100 down in Vegas for us to win it all. And that made me look like a total idiot. But I have not given up, because I still see four guys with NBA potential and some potentially useful role players around them, so I will hope that Sunday we saw the lightswitch go off.

We'll see.

You are only an idiot if you didn't get bullish odds on UConn. Even if you got bearish odds who cares you are having fun with your pick. You probably got 200/1 or better.

Reaction Score
You are only an idiot if you didn't get bullish odds on UConn. Even if you got bearish odds who cares you are having fun with your pick. You probably got 200/1 or better.

In 2012? I think I got 75 to 1, but it's not like it mattered for very long.

Last year I told my sons to put $100 on them at 100 to 1, which is what the internet was showing, but they passed when they could only get me 80:1. Who raised them anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom