Burned Redshirts | The Boneyard

Burned Redshirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Who had Samra going #1?

It's obvious the staff felt he was going to play sometime this year, so might as well get him some snaps now.

Reaction Score
I think it was Samra, Norris, and Williams when it was all said and done. None of those bother me, they should all see some key spots this year.

Reaction Score
Last play of the game, the Driscoll kneel to run out the game. I bet we see him on KR and in the backfield some this year. DeLorenzo showed some flashes but not much from Hyppolite and after last year, we need more relief for McCombs.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Last play of the game, the Driscoll kneel to run out the game. I bet we see him on KR and in the backfield some this year. DeLorenzo showed some flashes but not much from Hyppolite and after last year, we need more relief for McCombs.

Very small sample and I'm not making a definitive judgement, but Delorenzo played much better than Hyppolite tonight.

Reaction Score
Delorenzo is the Italian stallion. I thought our starters and subs on offense played well. Geremy Davis showed he can play. We saw a lot of new names. Overall I think we were smoother on offense and the defense was rediculous. We beat them the way we should have is how you have to look at it. I was a little surprised that umass had our receivers covered so well. Never saw a receiver wide open. The team seems to know Deleones multiple formations rather well. I thought whitmer despite his numbers played well and looked poised. The first interception was the most excusable I ever seen. The kid made a great play. The switch from wildcat to pro set was unbelievable. I know they were an easy opponent but we won the way we should have. Enough said

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I like what I saw from Adams who seem to play a decent amount and was around the ball a lot.

Reaction Score
Williams covered the gunner on every punt.

He sure did... Just looked back at the UMASS's first punt of the game... He and Gratz double teamed the guy on that one. I look at it this way, he must be that good NOW to play now... Coach P wanted him on the field...

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I like what I saw from Adams who seem to play a decent amount and was around the ball a lot.

The tackle by Adams on the attempted reverse was awesome. So many highlights for the defense but that was definitely one of them.

THC

Reaction Score
Very small sample and I'm not making a definitive judgement, but Delorenzo played much better than Hyppolite tonight.

Max is gonna be a big time contributor for this team before his time is through.

Reaction Score
Elijah Norris' redshirted was definitely burned too... Saw him late in the 2nd half... Mild shocker, considering we have some veteran depth at DE

(BTW see list of participants I found below)

Player participation:

Massachusetts: 6-SAINT-VIL,Ed, 9-BIRT,Christian, 15-DOYLE,A.J., 21-BAILY-SMITH, K., 24-BURNS, Chris, 28-BROADNAX,Jordan, 38-SMITH, Jamar, 41-STRAIT, Jeff, 42-BROWN, Devin, 46-COLTON, Joe, 54-SEALS, Trey, 55-DELAIRE, Ryan, 76-CASSELBERRY, J., 91-Johnson,Colter, 94-BURNS, Corey, 95-POTVIN, Brandon, 96-LEVENGOOD, Bren, 97-MAYNES, Daniel.

Connecticut: 1E-DRISCOLL, Bla., 4-FOXX, Deshon, 6-SMITH, Michael, 8-PHILLIPS, Shak., 11-McCUMMINGS, Sc., 12-STEVENSON, Dav., 13-CHRISTEN, Chad, 18-McENTEE, Johnny, 20-ALLEN, Denzel, 21-WILLIAMS, Jos., 22-ADAMS, Andrew, 23-LEE, Wilbert, 25-HYPPOLITE, Mar., 29-MACK, Taylor, 32-ASHIRU, Jeff., 34-KENNEY, David, 36-OSIECKI, Mike, 37-CLAFLIN, Jeremy, 41-STEG, Brandon, 44-DeLORENZO, Max, 45-NORRIS, Elijah, 46-VANN, Marquise, 49-McQUILLAN, Sean, 50-BULLOCK, Tyler, 51-WILLMAN, Tim, 52-DONOHUE, Ryan, 56-PRUITT, Angelo, 60-SAMRA, Tyler, 65-CRUZ, Gus, 67-MUELLER, Adam, 75-HEMINGWAY, Xav., 78-GIFFORD, Dalton, 80-SHORTELL, Neil, 84-JONES, Tebucky, 86-WAGNER, Cole, 94-GRIFFIN, Ryan, 97-McBRYDE, B.J., 98-JENNINGS, Ted.

Reaction Score
My thought on Norris was that Jennings knee might be a problem, and we need to get Norris ready now. I was somewhat surprised at seeing Samra - somewhat being that the OL was clearly the weak spot tonight and the staff figures we better get guys ready, now. Williams was out a lot on specials. I thought he and the other RBs should have been put in earlier, as I thought running McCombs in the 4Q was a disaster waiting to happen.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure you can still redshirt a guy after he gets some time in the first game.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure you can still redshirt a guy after he gets some time in the first game.

Only medical redshirts are allowed, and the injury must be documented.

Reaction Score

Yes, it was too small a sample, but yes, he showed more.

In fairness, Delorenzo got some meaningful snaps as a FB before garbage time, more than Hyppolite did as a TB during meaningful time.

Reaction Score
Yes, it was too small as sample, but yes, he showed more.

In fairness, Delorenzo got some meaningful snaps as a FB before garbage time, more than Hyppolite did as a TB during meaningful time.

Delorenzo was a RB/TB last night carrying the rock the way he did late in the 4th quarter... So far, he looks more like the viable back up to McCombs.. more than Hypollite...

Reaction Score

Agreed. He showed better acceleration and speed than I expected from him. Looks to be running lower to the ground than what I saw in his high school film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom