Bubba wins his second Green Jacket | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bubba wins his second Green Jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Being a Ct transplant in the south, I am not a fan of Bubba. To me he is the typical good ole boy who went to UGA. He has come out against gay marriage and said being gay is a sin. It is okay that he is very religious, but it doesn't make me a fan of his.

That makes you a Damn Yankee.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
Not a Bubba fan…….people I know who work the Travelers say he's standoffish and not very nice in comparison to 90% of the others…….also his little hit and run at Westwoods Golf Course in Farmington a while back while doing a commercial for ESPN pretty much guaranteed people at the Travelers are spot on. Didn't spend time with anyone there and couldn't wait to get out……didn't even say hi and thanks to the PGA professional or autograph a hat for workers…… Sucks he won…...

Yup. He is fun to watch but I have carried the scores on the course for several years there. One year we were right in back of Bubbas group. The golfers I was with (who shall remain nameless) clearly did not like him and basically said he doesn't really interact with other players much either. I got the sense they feel he is a big timer now and won't deal with the commoners. One of the guys that was in my group won a major so these were not guys who you have never heard of.

Reaction Score
Yup. He is fun to watch but I have carried the scores on the course for several years there. One year we were right in back of Bubbas group. The golfers I was with (who shall remain nameless) clearly did not like him and basically said he doesn't really interact with other players much either. I got the sense they feel he is a big timer now and won't deal with the commoners. One of the guys that was in my group won a major so these were not guys who you have never heard of.

My co-workers thoughts mirror yours so much Vuce it's hard to believe otherwise……..and another who is a customer is actually dreadfully worst…...

Reaction Score
There's a huge amount of judgment in your post. You have no idea what this guy was thinking at the time. Maybe he had family issues. In any event, he's got a right to his life. What says he has to "thank" the PGA guy or sign stuff for people? Why does that make him a bad person? You infer that he is "standoffish," which means "distant and unfriendly." Maybe the guy just doesn't want to interact with strangers who value names on hats. Maybe he really values his privacy.

Wow. Just such a huge, sweeping comment, and broadly tarring a whole group. BTW - every golfer - to a man, understands the value of Tiger to their paychecks. There is a reason that they all support him and only a couple guys came out and said what they thought of what he did to his wife and family.

It's really not a good thing to impute negative characteristics to men you've never met, and who you know virtually nothing about.

Post above says that BW committed a half a million to a public golf tournament. What the he11 have you done to make this world a better place that even comes close to what he has done already, still very early in his career?

There's a lot of judgement in a lot of my posts, and others who post here. But in this case these aren't rumors these are times in a professionals lives where he can help the people who do judge him think more of him but he doesn't care. Again, read Vuce's post and I'm guessing there's more of those than good!

Reaction Score
I'm not a golf fan but to those of you who love the game and watch a lot of it what do you all think of golf having a Tiger problem? It seems pretty clear now that Tiger will never dominate again and a good chance he never wins another major. This seems like a huge problem for the sport. Whenever Tiger doesn't play in a tournament or is playing badly the TV numbers plummet. The problems seem to be bigger than just TV. From what I've read less people are playing the game, merchandising sales are down, corporate sponsorship down etc. Outside of praying that Tiger's body gets healthy and he returns to form, what can golf do?

Reaction Score
I was rooting for MAJ. Hell, he just turned 50 and the guy just knows how to live.
http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2014/4/12/5608404/miguel-angel-jimenez-stretching-cigar-masters-2014

And if Bubba is an , what is Woods? At this point I feel like rooting for Tiger is right up there with rooting for A-Rod, Ryan Braun, Michael Vick, Calipari and whatever other scum just won't go away.

You really have to be ignorant to put Tiger in the same sentence as ARod, Braun, Vick………..actually or just a Tiger-hater which there are plenty of. Even Cailpari in with steroid users and dog killers is strange!

Reaction Score
You really have to be ignorant to put Tiger in the same sentence as ARod, Braun, Vick………..actually or just a Tiger-hater which there are plenty of. Even Cailpari in with steroid users and dog killers is strange!

Coming from the same person who says that Bubba is a standoffish . Tiger invented that, I think . . .

Reaction Score
Coming from the same person who says that Bubba is a standoffish . Tiger invented that, I think . . .

Not according to his peers I'm afraid - Tiger invented what the haters portray………and do know a guy who I work with out of Atlanta who is a tour official in the sense when anything for the tour is plead in Atlanta, East Lake, The Atlanta Golf Club etc he has been a "yardage reader/putt length" as well as driving guys to and from their cars………said 2 of the highest ranked gentlemen on the tour are Phil and Tiger……it's only one guy but he himself said he was never a Tiger fan for what he did but he is very good to volunteers, workers outside the ropes and he's seen it first hand. Does not like what he did to his wife so he's not a fan at all but said he's real good.

I have no legs to stand on for Bubba no doubt hearsay from people who are around him inside the ropes……..but it's been unanimous. Let's not compare the 2 as far as what the real world is for them either…….that would be like comparing LeBron James to Jeff Adrien………

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I won't try to sway anyone's opinion. As I said earlier in this thread Bubba won't ever fit in with or be comfortable around the country club crowd. He'll seem off-putting, distant and aloof.

But when he's in his comfort zones and around people he trusts from before he became famous, he's genuine. Returning to his hometown elementary school, visiting a local municipal golf course that he played on, raising money for the First Tee program.

For reference purposes, Bagdad, Florida is so small it's like saying you're from Talcotville, Ct instead of Manchester or Vernon. 1500 population.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20140418/SPORTS/140418006/Bubba-Watson-set-celebratory-return-area

Watson, 35, a Milton High graduate, has planned a busy schedule. It will begin with visiting Bagdad Elementary School, where he attended as a kid, then finishing with tossing out the first pitch at the Pensacola Blue Wahoos game that night.

Watson will visit his high school and speak to students at lunch time that day, then head to Osceola Municipal Golf Course for a planned event at 4 p.m. Osceola was one of the area courses where Watson played numerous times in junior golf and high school competitions.

The public is welcome for the reception with Watson at Osceola, where he will meet and take questions from kids participating in the First Tee Program of Norhwest Florida. The event will be from 4-5 p.m. The public is encouraged to wear green in honor of Watson's win at Augusta.

Pictures of the event are allowed, but to allow as many kids as possible to get autographs during the time available, organizers have stated that no personal pictures with Watson will be permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom