SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Interesting. Perhaps this means we're pushing harder for Heron as our top SG target, or that Brown's lack of shooting touch scared us off.

Regardless, I'm disappointed in this development.

Reaction Score
Very frustrating. . I think they spread themself to thin with the 10,000 offers a year...

Reaction Score
look at every other program in the country
No, look at the Duke's and the Kentucky's. They offer significantly less players and still obviously end up with some of the best. It's a fact we offer too many players. Recruits want it to be known that they are a top priority of ours, and when they see we are offering 5 guys at the same position they play, they aren't gonna be happy about that.

Reaction Score
Could we have backed off when we knew he wasn't reclassifying? Doesn't make a lot of sense that we would back off considering it seems that we spent a fair amount of time recruiting him, he's local and he's Jalen's cousin.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Can't you guys ease up a little? We've had some very good news lately.
With Bruce? He just was asked what schools have offered / recruiting him the hardest and UConn wasn't listed. That means we're an afterthought, a safety school.

Reaction Score
With Bruce? He just was asked what schools have offered / recruiting him the hardest and UConn wasn't listed. That means we're an afterthought, a safety school.
Well that's what you think it means.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Safety school? What? It literally means they're not among the schools recruiting him hard right now. What an odd thing to post...
Of course that's what it literally means, but it also means we're falling out of the race and are becoming an afterthought. Safety school probably was the wrong choice of words.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Maybe, maybe not. I acknowledge it is not good news and could be ominous, but we really have no idea of what is going on or not at this point, or if it is just a brief change in the wind, so to speak. V.J. King is coming....that's good!

Reaction Score
Safety school? What? It literally means they're not among the schools recruiting him hard right now. What an odd thing to post...

I think it's charitable to give it even that much meaning. Not sure why the 'who's recruiting you hardest' question became so common, but it's always seemed utterly useless. Might as well ask the kid what he had for breakfast.

Reaction Score
No, look at the Duke's and the Kentucky's. They offer significantly less players and still obviously end up with some of the best. It's a fact we offer too many players. Recruits want it to be known that they are a top priority of ours, and when they see we are offering 5 guys at the same position they play, they aren't gonna be happy about that.
Newsflash, UConn doesn't recruit at the level Duke and UK does and never has. I'm not even sure why you're pointing out offers, it's not about who you offer, it's who you target, and based on Brown's comments they aren't prioritizing him.

Reaction Score
Of course that's what it literally means, but it also means we're falling out of the race and are becoming an afterthought. Safety school probably was the wrong choice of words.
You seem to be having difficulty understanding what the question "which schools are recruiting you the hardest" means...

Reaction Score
Newsflash, UConn doesn't recruit at the level Duke and UK does and never has. I'm not even sure why you're pointing out offers, it's not about who you offer, it's who you target, and based on Brown's comments they aren't prioritizing him.
They aren't prioritizing him or, as 99 said, they've spread themselves too thin. Why offer a player if you aren't going to stay in touch? IMO we should offer less and still be able to have close relationships with the players we do offer rather than just offer and maybe call once in a while.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They aren't prioritizing him or, as 3 said, they've spread themselves too thin. Why offer a player if you aren't going to stay in touch? IMO we should offer less and still be able to have close relationships with the players we do offer rather than just offer and maybe call once in a while.
It was 99 not 3 and I don't bother to read much of what he posts cuz its usually not in English. Again, an offer is meaningless, I pay attention to who the staff targets and prioritizes, and as we've seen that can often lead to not even getting a commitment. Not sure if you if have twitter but even the recruiting guys are mocking offers on twitter now because they know its basically the equivalent of "interest" at this point. UConn isn't even the only school doing this, step out of the bubbles.

Reaction Score
Was the last time we heard this with Abu from Boston? Can't recall.

Reaction Score
It was 99 not 3 and I don't bother to read much of what he posts cuz its usually not in English. Again, an offer is meaningless, I pay attention to who the staff targets and prioritizes, and as we've seen that can often lead to not even getting a commitment. Not sure if you if have twitter but even the recruiting guys are mocking offers on twitter now because they know its basically the equivalent of "interest" at this point. UConn isn't even the only school doing this, step out of the bubbles.
Yeah my bad i got 3 and 99 mixed up. Anyways, 99 is one of the most plugged in posters here so im not sure why you would disregard him. And yeah i know alot of schools offer alot of players like us and we obviously aren't the Duke's or UK's in terms of recruiting, but we shouldn't be far off with our recent history and pedigree of getting players to the league. The anount of players we offer for sure has a factor in many of their decisions

Reaction Score
Just my opinion on what we know: Gilbert was about as close to officially committing as you can get after his visit. Diarra is between us and VCU, and called UConn his dream school. I'd imagine the staff is all in on securing Gilbert and Diarra, and they certainly have the full court press on King. King is the most likely guy to be the Danny Hams or Jalen Adams of the 2016 class. I believe those 3 players are receiving the utmost attention right now.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Don't spread too thin but make sure you are pursuing every recruit the hardest. Kind of a double message.
I would think they pursued Brown hard for 2015 and he is is less of a priority for 2016. At least for now.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Don't spread too thin but make sure you are pursuing every recruit the hardest. Kind of a double message.
I would think they pursued Brown hard for 2015 and he is is less of a priority for 2016. At least for now.
Yup. As I recall, he wasn't high on our priority list until there was reclassification talk. Now that that's done, perhaps we've cooled.

Reaction Score
Yup. As I recall, he wasn't high on our priority list until there was reclassification talk. Now that that's done, perhaps we've cooled.
Which if it's true I don't understand. He's a legit top 40 player and is in our backyard. We've always been hellbent on keeping our talent at home, and he is for sure a great talent.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Seems logical Matrim. We had a serious need in 15. Hopefully, we got a better player. For 16, Gilbert and King are the priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom