BRRRRRRR - Saturday Forecast | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BRRRRRRR - Saturday Forecast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
There used to be a shuttle. It NEEDS to be brought back.

Forgot about that!

They should look into getting the used 'people movers' from Disney -

Doesnt affect me anymore as I have been in Grey/Silver, whatever its called, last few years.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Forgot about that!

They should look into getting the used 'people movers' from Disney -

Doesnt affect me anymore as I have been in Grey/Silver, whatever its called, last few years.
I've been in Blue for about 6 years, but there was a time where Red or Brown (One my buddies had an RV fit for a n 80's hair band) was the norm. We hopped on the shuttle and two stops later, we were at the take off end of the runway.

The LAZ employees are completely useless, from the guy in the white windbreaker and golf cart on down to the minimum wage parking "attendant."

I told the story before, but it begs repeating. When I was parking at the last home game, the attendant "helping" me park was about 2.5 feet in front of my bumper WHILE MY CAR WAS IN GEAR!!! Yes, my speed was idling at best and my foot was on the break, but it was clear I was not looking at him. All the while my wife is telling me the guy is indicating to pull closer to the car that had just parked. Well, the people in said car were getting out and I needed to take care to not hit them or take off their door.

This guy intentionally put himself in harms way, put other patrons in harms way, and was not considering the possibility than my foot could slip. Not for nothing but my money would be on the 2 1/2 ton SUV (Curb weight - 4,300 lbs. +Plus gear toddler and two adults).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think a trolley would go a long way in increasing people's satisfaction with the parking. I personally don't mind the 500 mile walk from the end of the run way to the stadium. I exaggerate of course, but on a nice cool, sunny day it's an enjoyable walk. That being said, I can't even count the number of times I've heard people complaining about the walk and how a tram/trolley system would be amazing.

There used to be a bus.

What red lot has people far away now? I've seen that giant space but there haven't even been cars that get to the back of it and it's not more than like a 1/4 mile is it?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Based on google maps, 50 yard line to the southernmost point in red lot is just under a mile. Red lot then flanks to the west... I've never parked that far out, but that puts you at over a mile and a quarter, depending how they make you walk.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Based on google maps, 50 yard line to the southernmost point in red lot is just under a mile. Red lot then flanks to the west... I've never parked that far out, but that puts you at over a mile and a quarter, depending how they make you walk.

I got to a game in the second quarter and the lot wasn't even half full. It didn't feel like i walked anywhere near a half mile to the gate... and I don't lack for laziness.

Reaction Score
I don't mind the cold because our players are primarily from the northeast and I'm guessing the UCF players are primarily from the southeast. However, I have to say that I'm hoping the conditions are dry and the wind stays down. Our passing game is still the key to our offense, and we still need to get Davis and Foxx the ball. Hopefully, it's a cool, calm, dry day...

Hopefully we've been practicing outside, for a while now.

We're rebuilding a program. Without a doubt. We have to identify our strengths and what can be built on, and Rentschler field as a home advantage - especially in Nov, and Dec - it's just got to be something we build on in this conference, with 4 teams in Texas and Florida, Memphis...... Half the teams in this league, are not going to be well prepared for playing in New England, Connecticut winter weather. Got to bring out the spirit of TJ Weist. Short sleeves in the cold and wet.

I don't know - I've got a good feeling about things again. The September day against Stony Brook? Hell to play football in - as far as I'm concerned. Playing when it's 45 degrees out, a little windy and wet? IDK - sounds like UCONN football to me. I want that identity back. I want the hard hitting UCONN football team that's going to bring the wood on both sides of the ball, and I want opposing teams to come to Rentschler, and leave with a loss, and knowing that it's going to be hard to win here.

DIaco is Jersey kid. We've got lots of cold weather kids on this team. The confines of Rentschler field, in November? A Florida team on tap? Never a better time for Diaco to lead this program out on the home field and start establishing the winning again. Hopefully, the afternoon will be just a bit sunny, so that the shade comes in over the tower, and their starters are freezing their nuts off, when they're not playing, while we get to stay warm in the sun, when the starters aren't on the field.

Got to re-establish home field advantage. Take what the geography gives you and use it to your advantage. I'd have cold water only in the visiting locker room for this one, if I had my way!!! :)

Reaction Score
I got to a game in the second quarter and the lot wasn't even half full. It didn't feel like i walked anywhere near a half mile to the gate... and I don't lack for laziness.

In my defense I know some really lazy people. I once had a friend stay up all night play video games because his bed was too far away to walk to.

Reaction Score
You're channeling Red Auerbach.

Yup - turn of the heat and hot water.

"Sorry Coach O'Leary - not sure what happened to the heat and hot water, we've been away for a month. The U.S.A. soccer team played some team from South America here though, you know how crazy soccer people can get, maybe they broke something in the arena that's not fixed yet. From what I hear, there were even people lost and crying around the stadium afterwards - maybe the lights went out too, at least we have lights today. "

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How would turning off the hot water impact the game? They going to shower at halftime?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Hopefully we've been practicing outside, for a while now.

We're rebuilding a program. Without a doubt. We have to identify our strengths and what can be built on, and Rentschler field as a home advantage - especially in Nov, and Dec - it's just got to be something we build on in this conference, with 4 teams in Texas and Florida, Memphis. Half the teams in this league, are not going to be well prepared for playing in New England, Connecticut winter weather. Got to bring out the spirit of TJ Weist. Short sleeves in the cold and wet.

I don't know - I've got a good feeling about things again. The September day against Stony Brook? Hell to play football in - as far as I'm concerned. Playing when it's 45 degrees out, a little windy and wet? IDK - sounds like UCONN football to me. I want that identity back. I want the hard hitting UCONN football team that's going to bring the wood on both sides of the ball, and I want opposing teams to come to Rentschler, and leave with a loss, and knowing that it's going to be hard to win here.

DIaco is Jersey kid. We've got lots of cold weather kids on this team. The confines of Rentschler field, in November? A Florida team on tap? Never a better time for Diaco to lead this program out on the home field and start establishing the winning again. Hopefully, the afternoon will be just a bit sunny, so that the shade comes in over the tower, and their starters are freezing their nuts off, when they're not playing, while we get to stay warm in the sun, when the starters aren't on the field.

Got to re-establish home field advantage. Take what the geography gives you and use it to your advantage. I'd have cold water only in the visiting locker room for this one, if I had my way!!! :)

I agree that it can be a great advantage to use crappy weather against more southern opponents who aren't used to it. But keep in mind that when the weather is crappy and wet / snowy, then you have to rely on your run game. Last week, Whitmer accounted for 85% of our offense (I can't remember where I saw that stat, but I'm sure it's true). Gone are the days where we could blink and get 150 yards on the ground. Will we get back to that? I think we will and I think it will happen soon. But as we are currently built, that's not our game. So I'm hoping for low wind and no precipitation...

Reaction Score
I agree that it can be a great advantage to use crappy weather against more southern opponents who aren't used to it. But keep in mind that when the weather is crappy and wet / snowy, then you have to rely on your run game. Last week, Whitmer accounted for 85% of our offense (I can't remember where I saw that stat, but I'm sure it's true). Gone are the days where we could blink and get 150 yards on the ground. Will we get back to that? I think we will and I think it will happen soon. But as we are currently built, that's not our game. So I'm hoping for low wind and no precipitation...

If Whitmer has to run, then we run Whitmer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm uncomfortable discussing showering with you.

Well since it's a noon start, I have a feeling that a lack of pre-game showers would have a pretty minimal impact on the outcome.

I'm pretty sure they can handle a few showerless hours without too much impact to their performance.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Saturday: Cloudy and cool with rain showers likely, becoming windy. Low: 42. High: 50 inland, 52 shore

Reaction Score
Just had eight bail on me. Unfortunately I think the Rent will be empty based on combo of weather, post Halloween and last 3.5 years of poor perormance

Reaction Score
Wife and I just picked up 2 more tickets from a girl in my wife's office at UConn. She's telling me a lot of people in the office are not using their tickets due to the weather. I told her to grab all the tickets she can and we'll find some people to go (even if I have to round up some of my UMass buddies). Don't worry...they know the rules...no UMass gear and no being obnoxious!!:)
Speaking of UMass gear, you will see my tent there. I've got the sides and a super heater so if you can suffer the indignity of standing under a UMass tent, come on in, warm up, and have a cocktail. Wife already told me that she wants a UConn tent for Christmas so this will be the only year you will have to see mine!

Reaction Score
I intend to be there at 8 am, hung over, Bloody Mary in hand; dressed like winter weather is coming. If it starts raining in the 3rd quarter and we're down by more than 2 scores, though, my loyalty may waver.

Reaction Score
I was going with a group of 20... but 70% female. Not sure how interested they will be if it starts to rain....the 20 will drop fast.

Reaction Score
Wife and I just picked up 2 more tickets from a girl in my wife's office at UConn. She's telling me a lot of people in the office are not using their tickets due to the weather. I told her to grab all the tickets she can and we'll find some people to go (even if I have to round up some of my UMass buddies). Don't worry...they know the rules...no UMass gear and no being obnoxious!!:)
Speaking of UMass gear, you will see my tent there. I've got the sides and a super heater so if you can suffer the indignity of standing under a UMass tent, come on in, warm up, and have a cocktail. Wife already told me that she wants a UConn tent for Christmas so this will be the only year you will have to see mine!

I've seen some unfortunate things happen to UMass tents at the Rent. Fires, tornados, hurricanes, torrential rains, pestilence, lasers, phasers, famine, plague, pillage, plunder, meteors. Be careful out there!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Just had eight bail on me. Unfortunately I think the Rent will be empty based on combo of weather, post Halloween and last 3.5 years of poor perormance

Blaming the weather or Halloween are poor excuses. Chance of rain does not exclipse 40% until 2:00 and doesn't eclipse 45% until the game is over. Your gonna stay home because it might rain? This is a far cry from the Temple basketball game when a Nor'easter and 100% chance of snow was expected.

How late do people give out candy? 9:00? 9:15 at the latest? I live in a development with just under 200 houses. It's a nice area so parents drive their kids in to take advantage of the safety. I'm done with trick o' treaters at least by then.

Bad form. Your wife needs to dress down her co-workers. :eek:;)

Reaction Score
I've seen some unfortunate things happen to UMass tents at the Rent. Fires, tornados, hurricanes, torrential rains, pestilence, lasers, phasers, famine, plague, pillage, plunder, meteors. Be careful out there!

They take pity on me because I'm an old man! Seriously though, we tailgate with 15-20 older UConn fans that we've known for decades. We keep a low profile and it has always been a great time. Even the UMass guys I'll bring with me are older like me and they've given up that childish UConn- UMass crap years ago. We are all really huge fans of New England collegiate sports and we all recognize and appreciate what UConn has brought to this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom