Brock Holt | The Boneyard

Brock Holt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd like to see the Sox hang on to this guy rather than Herrera. Brock can play ss, 2b and 3b and add a little offense. Herrera may be a better fielder but has been an automatic out.

Reaction Score
I like Holt but don't like him everyday at 3B. I may be old fashioned but I look for power from the corners and Holt lacks power. Never seen him play SS or 2B but if he is adequate he would be a better option than Herrera as a utility man. He also hustles and appears to have a good attitude.

Reaction Score
I like Holt but don't like him everyday at 3B. I may be old fashioned but I look for power from the corners and Holt lacks power. Never seen him play SS or 2B but if he is adequate he would be a better option than Herrera as a utility man. He also hustles and appears to have a good attitude.
Do you like him any better now?

Reaction Score
Do you like him any better now?
Holt has been in the minors for awhile and there is usually a reason for that but yes I like him better. Pittsburgh didn't hesitate to trade him in the Melanson deal. Do I think he is a .300 hitter in the majors? No, but I like him better than any of the anemic hitters the Sox have in the OF right now and that is where I'd like to see Holt play.
I want to see Middlebrooks get some time at 3B because I believe he will hit but he has to stay in the lineup long enough to fix himself. Bogarts also needs to get time at SS especially against LF hitters. Drew is not the SS of the future and the Sox just have to live through Bogart's mistakes.
I'm not convinced this season is lost. If Victorino and Napoli can stay healthy (big if) the Sox still have a decent offensive lineup. Their pitching may be a bigger issue when we get to the dog days. BTW, I don't believe Toronto wins the AL East.

Reaction Score
Holt has been in the minors for awhile and there is usually a reason for that but yes I like him better. Pittsburgh didn't hesitate to trade him in the Melanson deal. Do I think he is a .300 hitter in the majors? No, but I like him better than any of the anemic hitters the Sox have in the OF right now and that is where I'd like to see Holt play.
I want to see Middlebrooks get some time at 3B because I believe he will hit but he has to stay in the lineup long enough to fix himself. Bogarts also needs to get time at SS especially against LF hitters. Drew is not the SS of the future and the Sox just have to live through Bogart's mistakes.
I'm not convinced this season is lost. If Victorino and Napoli can stay healthy (big if) the Sox still have a decent offensive lineup. Their pitching may be a bigger issue when we get to the dog days. BTW, I don't believe Toronto wins the AL East.
I am not convinced that the season is lost either but I am getting close. My desire to watch them on TV has completely disappeared. This past weekend each of the games against Detroit was televised but rather than watch them, I chose to watch the Uconn/Kentucky game with no regrets. I will be in Connecticut for the month of September and had been considering trying to get Red Sox tickets. However, I have no interest now. I still follow them but at a distance.

I thought coming into this year, that their chances of repeating were pretty slim but I expected them to be a contender. Right now, I think they have too many holes on the roster for the GM to address. Of the kids coming up, Bogaerts is obviously going to be a star but my confidence in Bradley and Middlebrooks is rapidly waning. I'm not sure about Ruby.

Reaction Score
I am not convinced that the season is lost either but I am getting close. My desire to watch them on TV has completely disappeared. This past weekend each of the games against Detroit was televised but rather than watch them, I chose to watch the Uconn/Kentucky game with no regrets. I will be in Connecticut for the month of September and had been considering trying to get Red Sox tickets. However, I have no interest now. I still follow them but at a distance.

I thought coming into this year, that their chances of repeating were pretty slim but I expected them to be a contender. Right now, I think they have too many holes on the roster for the GM to address. Of the kids coming up, Bogaerts is obviously going to be a star but my confidence in Bradley and Middlebrooks is rapidly waning. I'm not sure about Ruby.

I get the lack of faith in Middlebrooks but Bradley? In the third month of his rookie year? I'm still intrigued by him. His speed, his arm, his glove, all are reasons to keep him up. His bat? Eh, bad at best but you know what? I'd rather watch him play CF than any of their other options right now. I don't know what his ceiling is, but if he ends up being a Damon Buford/Darren Lewis type of CF for the Sox (.260, 8-10 hr, 50 rbi, but with great glove work) I'd be ok with it as long as they supplement the roster with better hitters over the next couple of years.

Reaction Score
I get the lack of faith in Middlebrooks but Bradley? In the third month of his rookie year? I'm still intrigued by him. His speed, his arm, his glove, all are reasons to keep him up. His bat? Eh, bad at best but you know what? I'd rather watch him play CF than any of their other options right now. I don't know what his ceiling is, but if he ends up being a Damon Buford/Darren Lewis type of CF for the Sox (.260, 8-10 hr, 50 rbi, but with great glove work) I'd be ok with it as long as they supplement the roster with better hitters over the next couple of years.
I hear you on Bradley. The problem right now is that the offense is so bad that can't afford a .200 hitter with no power no matter how well he plays the outfield. Although he has not been up as many times as many of the others, he leads the team in strikeouts. I haven't given up on him yet but I am thinking that Mookie Betts will be in center field next year and Shane Victorino may be there in another couple of weeks.

Reaction Score
I don't care how good a fielder your CFer is if he can't hit he can't play…..unless of course you have a SS and 2nd baseman who can both it and you do…….so maybe Bradley can stay put although he is overmatched at the plate most every time he steps up! But he is a wonderful defensive player

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I met Holt and Bradley today.

Long story made short....they are both very small and, although I am not a Red Sox fan, they are both very easy kids to root for.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pittsburgh didn't hesitate to trade him in the Melanson deal.

That's because we already had Josh Harrison.

And Josh even pitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul