Britton, Summers Join UConn Football Team | The Boneyard

Britton, Summers Join UConn Football Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012214aaa.html

STORRS, Conn. - Chris Britton, a 6-2, 235-pound, linebacker from Harrisburg, Pa., and Jamar Summers, a 5-11, 178-pound, cornerback from East Orange, N.J., have enrolled at the University of Connecticut and joined the Husky football team. They will both take part in UConn's 2014 spring practice.

"The UConn football team is proud to welcome these two fine young men to our family," said UConn head football coach Bob Diaco. "Our veteran players and our coaching staff will immediately begin to help them with the transition to becoming members of the UConn student body and our athletic department's culture."

Reaction Score
Nice to hear that both guys are officially enrolled! These two seem certain to be heard from before too long. Welcome guys!

Reaction Score
Chris Britton was apart of the 2013 class does anyone know where he was last fall, junior college? prep school? Wondering if he burned a year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Britton certainly becomes a viable candidate to start next year.

Why? Vann, Ashiru and Stewart are already in house. Plus Junior Joseph and others from last years freshman class. If anything I would give them a leg up but after all it is a new coaching staff. All positions are open IMO. Only lean would be Casey at QB. Open competition everywhere else.

Reaction Score
Chris Britton was apart of the 2013 class does anyone know where he was last fall, junior college? prep school? Wondering if he burned a year of eligibility.

I'm almost 100% positive he did not play anywhere last season... Not sure that he didn't take a community college course to bump academics. Hopefully one of the more ambitious beat guys get that answered.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm almost 100% positive he did not play anywhere last season... Not sure that he didn't take a community college course to bump academics. Hopefully one the more ambitious beat guys get that answered.

I too am pretty sure he did not play anywhere last season. I followed him on twitter. No football mentions that I recall outside of working out.

Reaction Score
One of his more recent tweets was about getting an id. I asked him about attending Uconn. But got no reply

Reaction Score
Did he get a gray-shirt offer from UConn? Don't remember the details of the original offer. If so, the clock starts ticking this semester, so I don't believe he loses any eligibility.

Reaction Score
Our last inside linebacker from Harrisburg PA had a pretty damn good career... Danny Lansanah

C

Chief00

My interest in football players'academics is confined to eligibility and NCAA APR graduation rates. Other than that I have no interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro