Briscoe Following UConn, Arizona in NCAAs | The Boneyard

Briscoe Following UConn, Arizona in NCAAs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
briscoe is a star. would be the best player ollie has gotten to date.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone else wondering if JC might be a bit jealous or envious of KO's rapid success and the media attention he's getting especially after many were saying the program would fall off after JC left (Mike Francesa among them)? JC stayed on to support the program, impress recruits, and help KO adjust to the role of head coach. Now that KO has quickly put his stamp on the program, has a good handle on recruiting and has the team playing at a high level, the talk of JC and BC and possibly wanting to coach somewhere again starts. I may be way off base here, but the idea has crossed my mind lately.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Anyone else wondering if JC might be a bit jealous or envious of KO's rapid success and the media attention he's getting especially after many were saying the program would fall off after JC left (Mike Francesa among them)? JC stayed on to support the program, impress recruits, and help KO adjust to the role of head coach. Now that KO has quickly put his stamp on the program, has a good handle on recruiting and has the team playing at a high level, the talk of JC and BC and possibly wanting to coach somewhere again starts. I may be way off base here, but the idea has crossed my mind lately.

Absolutely not.

My money says if JC had his choice KO (and UConn) would go on a Wooden-UCLA type run over the next decade.

Reaction Score

How can poeple even think things like these?!? JC Absolutely loves Ollie. He is as happy and proud about our succes as you could possibly be.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Absolutely not.

My money says if JC had his choice KO (and UConn) would go on a Wooden-UCLA type run over the next decade.
I hope you're right. I had a boss who mentored me to take over from him but after I did and achieved greater success than him he became resentful so maybe that's why I have this perspective. It happens. Sometimes reality and no longer being 'The Man' can be hard to accept despite a friendship.

Reaction Score

Im really not trying to think about it especially this time of year. He has done everything for this program he's earned the right to sit back and enjoy watching the program he built. It was very cool seeing him and his family at the game and RIP sitting together, while Shabazz was at the line thats what its all about.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I hope you're right. I had a boss who mentored me to take over from him but after I did and achieved greater success than him he became resentful so maybe that's why I have this perspective. It happens. Sometimes reality and no longer being 'The Man' can be hard to accept despite a friendship.
I don't see how a boss-employee relationship in the real world can compare the relationship JC has with KO. I don't know if you have any kids but without question I want my son to have success at a level that it blows anything I have done out of the water. Do you think that Archie Manning resents the fact that Peyton and Eli each have Super Bowl rings?

Reaction Score
I don't see how a boss-employee relationship in the real world can compare the relationship JC has with KO. I don't know if you have any kids but without question I want my son to have success at a level that it blows anything I have done out of the water. Do you think that Archie Manning resents the fact that Peyton and Eli each have Super Bowl rings?

Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers lol

Reaction Score

I believe he said he was like a "proud father" with KO……..doubt there's any reason to believe otherwise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom