Brimah..... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brimah.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brimah has made 76 shots this year and Phil has made 7.

He was terrible on offense today, but you're overreacting.

You guys all can't read and are also potentially blind.

My point is not to compare AB to Phil at all on the overall features of the player and impact he brings. It is NOT close. And the 76 shots compared to 7 is obvious although take away lobs (they are an important part of our offense and a huge advantage) his POST UP game (yeah I will say it again because no one got that point) has been 2 steps backwards and quite honestly got bailed out by foul calls when he didn't get shots off yesterday - YES like Phil Nolan. He dribbled and lost it yesterday, he passed to to no one once, he didn't get shots off twice and although a foul was called once it he was shooting it from his hip and was bailed out. If you are seen something different fromt hat part of his game please fell free to let me know. And to think he is not more capable than Phil is ridiculous but for now, he's not very good at creating offense from the low block or the lane anywhere.

Wow, tough crowd, I know not stupid but not very good readers yesterday!;)

Reaction Score
This discussion is about how to keep Brimah in the game as long as possible and making him more effective. So, you have apparently missed the entire point. Let that sink in.
Hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or just a condescending DB as if this conversation hasn't been about far more than just that.

Reaction Score
Classy you scumbag. You're easily the stupidest poster on this board.
LOL, it's crazy how much worse you are than the next worst poster on this board. If it was a race you would be lapping people.

Reaction Score
Fine, this board and the posters are insufferable. No one here has to worry about the Mensa membership lapsing, especially the clown who stole the hot sauce from Chipolte. People who argue T Sam, Facey and Brimah are elite basketball players or that the recruiting "is good" are so lost.

You cannot remotely post an objective thought on this board without getting trashed, unless you bash Nolan.

Hey, Nolan can easily score 0 against Duke or 1 against USF, but he cannot score 40 against anyone, I agree with that much.

LOL, it's crazy how much worse you are than the next worst poster on this board. If it was a race you would be lapping people.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Fine, this board and the posters are insufferable. No one here has to worry about the Mensa membership lapsing, especially the clown who stole the hot sauce from Chipolte. People who argue T Sam, Facey and Brimah are elite basketball players or that the recruiting "is good" are so lost.

You cannot remotely post an objective thought on this board without getting trashed, unless you bash Nolan.

Hey, Nolan can easily score 0 against Duke or 1 against USF, but he cannot score 40 against anyone, I agree with that much.

You're so smart. We're all really impressed.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You guys all can't read and are also potentially blind.

My point is not to compare AB to Phil at all on the overall features of the player and impact he brings. It is NOT close. And the 76 shots compared to 7 is obvious although take away lobs (they are an important part of our offense and a huge advantage) his POST UP game (yeah I will say it again because no one got that point) has been 2 steps backwards and quite honestly got bailed out by foul calls when he didn't get shots off yesterday - YES like Phil Nolan. He dribbled and lost it yesterday, he passed to to no one once, he didn't get shots off twice and although a foul was called once it he was shooting it from his hip and was bailed out. If you are seen something different fromt hat part of his game please fell free to let me know. And to think he is not more capable than Phil is ridiculous but for now, he's not very good at creating offense from the low block or the lane anywhere.

Wow, tough crowd, I know not stupid but not very good readers yesterday!;)

Mau, you can't accuse someone of not reading something you didn't write.

Post 1: "But on offense, he's taken a couple steps back for sure. Just so unsure with all he's not too far away from Phil at this point."

Post 2: "I love the kid, but take those away and his offense on the low block is closing in on Phil's, like it or not."

We disagreed with your comparing their relative values on offense. You said nothing initially about their respective abilities to create offense from the low block. Maybe that's what you meant, but clearly we (I at least) didn't see it that way, as evident from my initial response. (Does he have a good post-up game? No. We've had maybe two centers in the last 30 years who did. I think he's got the skills to develop one, but we'll see.)

One little postscript: I find it silly to say AB got "bailed out" by foul calls. The fact is, he has much better hands and takes it much stronger than Phil does. He rarely gets cleanly blocked, unlike Phil. And he generally finishes, as evidenced by his 70% rate.

By the way, Mau, I realize this is a completely stupid debate. That's never stopped either of us before.

Reaction Score

Post 1: "But on offense, he's taken a couple steps back for sure. Just so unsure with all he's not too far away from Phil at this point."

Post 2: "I love the kid, but take those away and his offense on the low block is closing in on Phil's, like it or not."

We disagreed with your comparing their relative values on offense. You said nothing initially about their respective abilities to create offense from the low block. Maybe that's what you meant, but clearly we (I at least) didn't see it that way, as evident from my initial response. (Does he have a good post-up game? No. We've had maybe two centers in the last 30 years who did. I think he's got the skills to develop one, but we'll see.)

One little postscript: I find it silly to say AB got "bailed out" by foul calls. The fact is, he has much better hands and takes it much stronger than Phil does. He rarely gets cleanly blocked, unlike Phil. And he generally finishes, as evidenced by his 70% rate.

Okay so I explained what I meant and if you disagree that's fine. But he's plain awful right now on the low post with anyone big enough and physical enough. Love the kid and he's better than phil, but to see anything but the same thing as Phil right now when he gets the ball is ignoring the facts. He's in a slump trying to get off solid base, square-to-the-basket shots and I know I can see that as can many others. It really isn't much different than phil as both end up "empty". Take it any way you want it. And I do agree, he should eventually end up much better he has the skills. I would like to see him back off the block a little make release from the hits and knock down some face up jumpers as this seems to be a strength and he has a wonderful touch.

Like the kid, just needs to work to get stronger for sure and think the game on both ends. Eventually!

Reaction Score
You're really bright, great analysis on Brimah. How do you explain his games against Duke or Tex or Stanford or 35 mins against Florida.

But I agree he is a consensus 1st team AA along with Okafor, Facey, T Sam and Stanley Johnson.

By the way, Mau, I realize this is a completely stupid debate. That's never stopped either of us before.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
You guys all can't read and are also potentially blind. My point is not to compare AB to Phil at all on the overall features of the player and impact he brings. It is NOT close. And the 76 shots compared to 7 is obvious although take away lobs (they are an important part of our offense and a huge advantage) his POST UP game (yeah I will say it again because no one got that point) has been 2 steps backwards and quite honestly got bailed out by foul calls when he didn't get shots off yesterday - YES like Phil Nolan. He dribbled and lost it yesterday, he passed to to no one once, he didn't get shots off twice and although a foul was called once it he was shooting it from his hip and was bailed out. If you are seen something different fromt hat part of his game please fell free to let me know. And to think he is not more capable than Phil is ridiculous but for now, he's not very good at creating offense from the low block or the lane anywhere. Wow, tough crowd, I know not stupid but not very good readers yesterday!;)

When I say you are over reacting to one game, and then you only cite examples from that one game, you just reinforce my point. Everything you saw against USF is correct - he played poorly.

In the previous 3 games, he was 14-17 from the floor. He was 5-6 at Tulsa (two jumpers - one from 15 feet along the baseline over a defender playing off him, two dunks, and a put back layup with a foul), he was 3-4 at Stanford (no dunks - two low post jump hooks and a short jumper) in very limited minutes, and 6-7 against UCF (mostly dunks).

There are a lot of lobs in that total of 76 baskets, but you can't explain it all away with those.

Reaction Score
Hate to beat a dead horse here but...
1. Changing shots defensively is not quantifiable, and its a huge need for this team that struggles to score. Just look at our KenPom defense- he's a huge part of it

2. Offensive skillsets are not built overnight. Do people not remember Hilton Armstrong or even a poor man's Hasheem. There were always facepalm moments but they both got EXPONENTIALLY better throughout their college tenures.

Reaction Score
When I say you are over reacting to one game, and then you only cite examples from that one game, you just reinforce my point. Everything you saw against USF is correct - he played poorly.

In the previous 3 games, he was 14-17 from the floor. He was 5-6 at Tulsa (two jumpers - one from 15 feet along the baseline over a defender playing off him, two dunks, and a put back layup with a foul), he was 3-4 at Stanford (no dunks - two low post jump hooks and a short jumper) in very limited minutes, and 6-7 against UCF (mostly dunks).

There are a lot of lobs in that total of 76 baskets, but you can't explain it all away with those.

Ok you're right. Now explain THE point, only point, yesterday with all the touches he had and there were a lot? He's better, but not always. But if you're happy then good.

Reaction Score
Brimah would have looked better if TSam stopped throwing passes at his feet.

He did a great job defending the rim. He also did a nice job protecting without fouling.

He is a difference maker every time he steps on the court. If we want him to score, he needs to get the ball in scoring position at the right time. He can't do that by himself.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You're really bright, great analysis on Brimah. How do you explain his games against Duke or Tex or Stanford or 35 mins against Florida.

But I agree he is a consensus 1st team AA along with Okafor, Facey, T Sam and Stanley Johnson.

Did any of this make sense in your head? I assure you, it does not on the screen.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Husky91 my man, just to clear things up for you in case you're a little confused:

There's a difference between looking critically at our players and taking explosive craps all over them. Unfortunately, you don't seem to be well acquainted with that nuance.

Reaction Score
Husky91 my man, just to clear things up for you in case you're a little confused:

There's a difference between looking critically at our players and taking explosive craps all over them. Unfortunately, you don't seem to be well acquainted with that nuance.

"explosive craps" - that's pretty funny stuff.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That was 6 months ago, and therefore in another universe. But might explain his issues this season.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
That was 6 months ago, and therefore in another universe. But might explain his issues this season.
That was 9 months ago, not 6.

More importantly you asked how he avoided big man camp last summer and the poster was trying to tell you why, but apparently you missed the connection between shoulder surgery in the spring and not going to camp in the summer.

So I'll clear things up for you. Brimah missed big man camp last summer because he was recovering from shoulder surgery that he had in the spring.

Got it now?

Reaction Score
Who missed the connection?

After 30+ years as a UC fan, I must be getting distracted by winters in Palm Beach. But I'm sure you'll keep us appraised of the minutia. Do carry on.

Reaction Score
I can't believe people are complaining about AB in this thread. The guy is really good for a sophomore, check the numbers. Anchors the D and is a viable option on O

Reaction Score
I can't believe people are complaining about AB in this thread. The guy is really good for a sophomore, check the numbers. Anchors the D and is a viable option on O

No one is complaining just pointing out the obvious. I know I appreciate the support on the D side and his rebounding is getting better. He just has a long ways to go on O and that's more than obvious. A couple of jump hooks is great but being able to get them off means you need to change. Create space and take the face-up jumper because he seems to shoot it better facing, or at least gets shots off that way. The fact he can't pass hurts our flow too, you're not getting anything out of throwing it in there unless he shoots it. This is not complaining because others have weaknesses too, let's be honest. It's just an assessment of where he is on that end. No alley opps, no O from him as of late and he needs to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom