Brimah..... | The Boneyard

Brimah.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Has anyone gathered the stats on how many times Brimah scores, turns the ball over or fouls when he is fed in the low post other than the lob at the rim.....
I hate seeing this him pick up offensive fouls with little chance of a good outcome.

Reaction Score
He did pass it once today when doubled - right to the Pete Gillen bobble head.
That play reminded me of Randle throwing the ball into the stands in a panic after being double teamed in the 2nd half of the NC game last year.

Brimah has come a long way . . .
and he has a long way to go.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He's not Johnnie Selvie but also not yet Kevin McHale.

Reaction Score
Has anyone gathered the stats on how many times Brimah scores, turns the ball over or fouls when he is fed in the low post other than the lob at the rim.....
"Low" post being waist level or less?

Reaction Score
what happend to the sky hook that he had worked on in the pre-season. It looked like money, but we haven't seen it in a while. Its just lobs now.

Reaction Score
A lot of work to be done here, he puts the ball on the floor giving two more defenders time to collapse every time he gets the ball down low. I realize he is raw but this is early high school habit to break. Staff looks bad in his development at this point.

Reaction Score
A lot of work to be done here, he puts the ball on the floor giving two more defenders time to collapse every time he gets the ball down low. I realize he is raw but this is early high school habit to break. Staff looks bad in his development at this point.
the staff looks bad in his development? thats a completely erroneous statement. look at his numbers this year and last compared to his hs ranking

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
He got an assist on the breakaway dunk for Purvis at the buzzer.

Also I don't really get all the hate he gets, he's still extremely raw and developing and has improved immensely from last year and will only keep getting better. He's not leaving after this year and to my recollection has only fouled out 2-3 times I may be wrong.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score

Also I don't really get all the hate he gets, he's still extremely raw and developing and has improved immensely from last year and will only keep getting better. He's not leaving after this year and to my recollection has only fouled out 2-3 times I may be wrong.
This post was not about hate. It was about strategy. UConn needs him on the floor and we need positive results. So, feeding him less on the low post this season and using movement may give greater results. His influence on the defensive end is hurt by his picking up offensive fouls since the first foul puts him on the bench for 10 minutes and the second for the reminder of the half. The main reason for slow starts has been Brimah on the bench and Nolan in the game.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call it hate, but honestly, he's not very good unless he's playing against 6-6 players.

Between TOs, bad goal tends, terrible positioning going for unrealistic blocks, etc., he probably has a negative ratio minus the Coppin St game.

Reaction Score
At least we will have him for 4 years. I have a feeling he will have the full package by then.

Reaction Score
Does anybody calculate +/- per minute played. I feel that we are gaining when he is out there, and that we're losing ground when he is not. Yeah he's learning, but we are a better team when he's playing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's pretty frustrating to watch a player who can't catch the ball. He dropped two passes that were lobbed in like balloons to kick the game off.

Reaction Score
husky91 said:
I wouldn't call it hate, but honestly, he's not very good unless he's playing against 6-6 players. Between TOs, bad goal tends, terrible positioning going for unrealistic blocks, etc., he probably has a negative ratio minus the Coppin St game.

A "negative ratio"?

You're so cute when you try.

Reaction Score
Well it's certainly not a negative ratio on his overall performance. He was really good protecting the rim today that's for sure. But on offense, he's taken a couple steps back for sure. Just so unsure with all he's not too far away from Phil at this point.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
There was one play where he had a teammate wide open for a three along the side who was calling for it. Instead, he tried to take it against two players with bad results. With that said, he was a beast defensively after the game got tight in the 2nd half. His defensive game is light years ahead of his offensive game. Better sign up for Olajuwon's big man camp to work on post moves or better yet, UCONN better get a big man coach. Maybe Rod Sellers? He could help develop his mean streak for sure.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
Well it's certainly not a negative ratio on his overall performance. He was really good protecting the rim today that's for sure. But on offense, he's taken a couple steps back for sure. Just so unsure with all he's not too far away from Phil at this point.

I stick up for Phil a lot, and appreciate his contributions to our title. But there's a reason Brimah has finished 147 alley oop dunks and Phil has none. Brimah makes the read when his man leaves, presents himself, catches and finishes - the lob doesn't have to be perfect (he has more trouble catching the ball low on bounce passes, etc.). The key is that the fear of that play keeps his man at home and gives room for the 10-12 footers from our slashers. With Phil out there, that play is off the table and his man can bring help freely, closing off the lane much earlier. Brimah can make a difference to our offense without even touching the ball or looking like he's even involved.

Now today was a big step back in terms of post scoring. He looked clumsy and unable to finish his move after the slightest contact. But he's raw offensively - there will be days like that. At the other end, he erased 12 points from USF with his blocks that they probably make without him out there - as well as an airball over the rim that he clearly influenced (the guy shot the ball into the rafters) and a turnover where a guy was afraid to shoot. USF stinks, but we put our foot down when Boat and Brimah took over late at opposite ends.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I stick up for Phil a lot, and appreciate his contributions to our title. But there's a reason Brimah has finished 147 alley oop dunks and Phil has none. Brimah makes the read when his man leaves, presents himself, catches and finishes - the lob doesn't have to be perfect (he has more trouble catching the ball low on bounce passes, etc.). The key is that the fear of that play keeps his man at home and gives room for the 10-12 footers from our slashers. With Phil out there, that play is off the table and his man can bring help freely, closing off the lane much earlier. Brimah can make a difference to our offense without even touching the ball or looking like he's even involved.

Now today was a big step back in terms of post scoring. He looked clumsy and unable to finish his move after the slightest contact. But he's raw offensively - there will be days like that. At the other end, he erased 12 points from USF with his blocks that they probably make without him out there - as well as an airball over the rim that he clearly influenced (the guy shot the ball into the rafters) and a turnover where a guy was afraid to shoot. USF stinks, but we put our foot down when Boat and Brimah took over late at opposite ends.
Appreciate the use of 47, Sagehen.

Reaction Score
There was one play where he had a teammate wide open for a three along the side who was calling for it. Instead, he tried to take it against two players with bad results. With that said, he was a beast defensively after the game got tight in the 2nd half. His defensive game is light years ahead of his offensive game. Better sign up for Olajuwon's big man camp to work on post moves or better yet, UCONN better get a big man coach. Maybe Rod Sellers? He could help develop his mean streak for sure.

Don't need anyone big to coach him, need someone to transition the bball IQ into his game.

Reaction Score
jleves said:
Appreciate the use of 47, Sagehen.

Did you see the finish yesterday? A good ol' fashioned DIII circus shot and a court stormin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom