Brief Video of Texas Practice | The Boneyard

Brief Video of Texas Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geez I thought Imani was one of the practice guys for most of that video - only figured it out by the uniform. She's big!

Reaction Score
Every team has it's challenges, and Texas has 6'7" & 6'5" up front. Atkins is also good. Before their best player went down they were a top 10 team. I expect this to be better than people think.
Texas high school players will be paying close attention to this one.
Moriah is always in control but you know she wants to do well in this one and so emotion will play a big part.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice video but here's the thing... She talked for about the first 3/4 of the video about how her team needs to communicate on defense and offense because UCONN will spread the floor and is not the typical team they play. She is correct, BUT... UCONN practices the ENTIRE year talking all the time, clapping, communicating etc.

For her to suddenly expect (or try to teach) her team to communicate every time down the floor on offense and defense... if the team has never done that before, they won't learn it in the 5 or 6 days before facing UCONN...

Reaction Score
Whoa! Judging by the size of the guys they're scrimmaging, you'd think they were preparing for the Chicago Bears. Wait till they try to keep up with Moriah.

HGN

Reaction Score
Geez I thought Imani was one of the practice guys for most of that video - only figured it out by the uniform. She's big!
J66 , I agree with you. I spotted Imani and thought she was as big as any one of the guys. She is broad shouldered too and wide. I hope Stewie's outside game is on point to draw Imani out of the paint because NOBODY is going to get much inside. But hopefully they are slow of foot and we can use our speed and quickness. But I couldn't tell by the video.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
J66 , I agree with you. I spotted Imani and thought she was as big as any one of the guys. She is broad shouldered too and wide. I hope Stewie's outside game is on point to draw Imani out of the paint because NOBODY is going to get much inside. But hopefully they are slow of foot and we can use our speed and quickness. But I couldn't tell by the video.
Supposedly from reports I've read (and I won't say where), they are a bit slow of foot. But they do tend to play a lot of zone, so be harder to pull her out of the paint.

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
Supposedly from reports I've read (and I won't say where), they are a bit slow of foot. But they do tend to play a lot of zone, so be harder to pull her out of the paint.
Meyers, thanks for the feedback and input. If they normally play a lot of zone that may mean they are indeed slow of foot. Or the coach feels they are not quick enough to stay in front of anybody man-to-man. Hopefully UConn's outside game is on point. We may need our sharpshooters Saturday to open things up and loosen up the lane for Stewie and Morgan. GET READY KML , MoJeff , KIA , and SANIYA.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They play a lot zone huh? Man I wish we had some decent three point shooters to shoot over the top of it, or a some posts adept at taking the inevitable open foul line jumper, or maybe even a lightening quick point to just strait up shred it.

We're doomed.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They play a lot zone huh? Man I wish we had some decent three point shooters to shoot over the top of it, or a some posts adept at taking the inevitable open foul line jumper, or maybe even a lightening quick point to just strait up shred it.
If only. Oh well there's always next year.

:cool:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
First time I have ever checked a box score and seen a team with none of the players listed as a forward. Two centers who combined for 65 minutes against Cal and who shot the ball very well inside, and 7 guards who combined to shoot 15-40 ND 1-8 for threes. So I guess the key is to keep the bigs at the rate that UConn usually keeps them at about 30% and hope that the guards who don't usually shoot many 3s and do so at less than a 30% rate don't get really hot out there.

Doesn't seem like that tough a situation.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If their attention to detail is "terrible," they are in terrible trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom