SF Brendan Bailey (Marquette Commit) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

SF Brendan Bailey (Marquette Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So we are really comparing Jim Calhoun era Big East to the West Coast Conference, good one guy :rolleyes:

Breaking News! It's the year 2015, and we have 5 FF appearances, 4 titles, and a total of 11 Elite8's. Tell me what has Gonzaga done since 1999? That "Great" program of yours has reached the elite8 just once (last year)...., I guess my standards of greatness is little higher than most on this board.

This is what fishy must feel like most days when he reads this board. Uconn is the extreme outlier

Reaction Score
From an ESPN recruiting article (Insider's article) about the NBAPA Camp last week. You think we could use a shooter?!

Best shooters: Jordan Tucker (2017), Brendan Bailey (2016) and Sam Cunliffe (2016)

These are three big-time shot-makers. Tucker (6-7, 190, Archbishop Stepinac/White Plains, NY) is a 2017 prospect with a quick trigger and range to 22 feet. He has had a very good spring and seems to be carrying it through to the summer. Bailey (6-8, 190, American Fork/American Fork, UT) is the son of former NBA star Thurl Bailey, a combo forward who is probably more of a stretch four right now. He consistently hit big threes all camp long. Cunliffe (6-6, 195, Rainier Beach/Seattle, WA), an Arizona State commit, is a bit of a sleeper who might have been overlooked in our most recent top 100. He is a solid athlete who can score in a variety of ways. His best attribute is his picture perfect jump-shot. He might be a steal for the Sun Devils.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post?id=14046

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Nobody is comparing Gonzaga to UConn, but if you don't think they qualify as a very good offer you are clueless....
That's my point Matt, they are a "good" program, but no means should they be confused with being "Great", like much of the top programs in the nation. Heck, someone called Gonzaga a "top ten program", that's just laughable.

A Gonzaga offer, is good/very good offer (like you mentioned Matt) but by no means is it a great/top ten offer a few here are trying to claim, No matter how many times they make the tourney out of the all-mighty WCC

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What I gained from reading the last page of this thread: you're either UConn or you're pond scum.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The zags beat a bunch of nobodies(worse than the nobodies we face), which makes it easy to make the tournament. They then proceed to lose early In the tournament every year but last. They're not a great program, people here are using the term great to loosely.

Can't blame Bailey for waiting, but there's no chance we fire KO.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind josh perkins ; who did we scramble to sign after that miss? Terrence Samuel ?

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind josh perkins ; who did we scramble to sign after that miss? Terrence Samuel ?

Perkins was a '14 recruit. Samuel was a '13 recruit. You must mean Cassell Jr, who wasn't exactly a reach.

Reaction Score
Perkins was a '14 recruit. Samuel was a '13 recruit. You must mean Cassell Jr, who wasn't exactly a reach.
Ah for some reason I thought perkins was 13.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

LOVE his game!
Kid has a ridiculously quick release with a nice looking stroke. Very long as well, so he has the ability to shoot over smaller defenders. Decent handle. Looks like he can score in a variety of ways (floater, fade-away, catch and shoot).

He looks like a more polished (but maybe less athletic) Deandre Daniels. Would be a huge get.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Much more to like in this latest video. Back to the basket fade away. Step back three. J Lamb running floater.

Reaction Score
Brendan, sign on the dotted line. As this thread points out, Gonzaga blows!

Reaction Score
Knows where the hoop is and does have a quick release but I wish the release gets higher than it is now with his hands at the height of his shoulders - but 6' 7" - really?

Reaction Score
Just had a dream of Bailey playing for us, crossing a guy over and dunking on him. I was on the team too though, so i guess take with a grain of salt.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Gonzaga only makes the tournament because of their weak conference.
UConn can't make the tournament because of their weak conference.

#BoneyardLogic
You gotta love that logic.

If you're not good enough to make it to the NCAA tournament out of the AAC, there's no chance you were finishing in the top 7 or 8 in the old Big East.

Reaction Score
You gotta love that logic.

If you're not good enough to make it to the NCAA tournament out of the AAC, there's no chance you were finishing in the top 7 or 8 in the old Big East.

Yet, as an AAC team you win the National Championship over the likes of all the P5 conferences a year ago... go figure?

Reaction Score
Just had a dream of Bailey playing for us, crossing a guy over and dunking on him. I was on the team too though, so i guess take with a grain of salt.
He doesn't look like he will be dunking over anyone based on that highlight tape but how about crossing a guy over and draining a three.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I had a recruiting-related dream last month. The women's team was in the running for the top player in the country, and she told Geno that she would only commit if the men's team would give her brother a scholarship. Problem is, his online scouting report read "This guy is the next Terrence Samuel", so the board was up in arms. I kid you not, I actually dreamt this.

Reaction Score
Yet, as an AAC team you win the National Championship over the likes of all the P5 conferences a year ago... go figure?

I have to agree with both of you on this one. I do think a team from the AAC with UConn's 2014 record could possibly be on the tourney bubble. That team would also be like in 9th or 10th place in the BE.

That being said, a 9th place team from the BE won the national championshiop, and a quasi-bubble AAC team also won it. so you're both right. Now I know that the 214 team wasn't really a bubble team, but hey, SMU did get left out that year, a team that beat UConn a couple times.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I had a recruiting-related dream last month. The women's team was in the running for the top player in the country, and she told Geno that she would only commit if the men's team would give her brother a scholarship. Problem is, his online scouting report read "This guy is the next Terrence Samuel", so the board was up in arms. I kid you not, I actually dreamt this.
Sounds like an instant Karma dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99