SF Brendan Bailey (Marquette Commit) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

SF Brendan Bailey (Marquette Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter what you think is a top offer though unless you're the one getting offered

Whatever I just don't understand how a team that's never been to a F4 can be considered a top offer.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
JimOllie said:
Whatever I just don't understand how a team that's never been to a F4 can be considered a top offer.
they are consistent top 25 program. Not every team can be a blue blood. Most men's fans would consider them a top offer, you have your opinion too. Let's get back to the thread subject.

Reaction Score
if he can put the ball in the rim like his pops!

really want bailey, on my wish list with alterique gilbert.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Seems like we've got a good shot with him. Especially liked how he mentioned that KO would be important in bridging the distance home and, because of that, distance would not be a factor.

Any word from you insiders? @Zionn @3uconn @husky99

Reaction Score
Tos reporter said he loved his visit but wants to take time and a few more visits

Reaction Score
Bailey is certainly a player I can't blame for taking time in his recruitment. He committed very early this first time through and in the end his future coach was fired and he de-committed. Want to make the right decision the second time through.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Because they are a great program that knows how to identify talent.
If you get offered by a program that has made 17 straight NCAA tournaments, you're pretty good.
Ya...17 straight appearances out of the WCC, that's like congratulating a well-bodied athlete for getting gold in an Special Olympics event.
Only 2 Elite 8's in their lifetime, never sniffing a Final Four, ya they're a great progam.....pause......
1355190369_borat-not-jb.jpg

pj

Reaction Score
Ya...17 straight appearances out of the WCC, that's like congratulating a well-bodied athlete for getting gold in an Special Olympics event.
Only 2 Elite 8's in their lifetime, never sniffing a Final Four, ya they're a great progam.....pause.
1355190369_borat-not-jb.jpg

We can't complain about AAC membership making it difficult to recruit, and fail to respect what Gonzaga has done out of an even worse conference. 17 straight NCAA appearances is amazing ... Jim Calhoun never got close to that. JC also didn't get past the elite eight until 1999.

Reaction Score
We can't complain about AAC membership making it difficult to recruit, and fail to respect what Gonzaga has done out of an even worse conference. 17 straight NCAA appearances is amazing ... Jim Calhoun never got close to that. JC also didn't get past the elite eight until 1999.

I agree. This odd duck is clueless

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
17 straight NCAA appearances is amazing ... Jim Calhoun never got close to that.
So we are really comparing Jim Calhoun era Big East to the West Coast Conference, good one guy :rolleyes:
JC also didn't get past the elite eight until 1999.
Breaking News! It's the year 2015, and we have 5 FF appearances, 4 titles, and a total of 11 Elite8's. Tell me what has Gonzaga done since 1999? That "Great" program of yours has reached the elite8 just once (last year)...., I guess my standards of greatness is little higher than most on this board.

Reaction Score
So we are really comparing Jim Calhoun era Big East to the West Coast Conference, good one guy :rolleyes:

Breaking News! It's the year 2015, and we have 5 FF appearances, 4 titles, and a total of 11 Elite8's. Tell me what has Gonzaga done since 1999? That "Great" program of yours has reached the elite8 just once (last year)...., I guess my standards of greatness is little higher than most on this board.
Nobody is comparing Gonzaga to UConn, but if you don't think they qualify as a very good offer you are clueless...they make the tournament every year, E8 last year and will be preseason top 10-15 this year returning Wiltjer and Sabonis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom