SF Brendan Bailey (Marquette Commit) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SF Brendan Bailey (Marquette Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who was his dad?
Thurl

The kid can flat out play and height is always a necessity. We need very nice talent... The heck with 1,2,3,4,5, wings, blah, blah, blah.

Basketball (to my little infarcted brain) is... ball handling, passing, leadership, shooting, rebounding, defense played with the feet, toughness, hard working motors, sacrifice, intelligence (bb iq), speed, endurance, height, good coaching/teaching and few other things. I see this young man as falling into those categories. In some way... I see him with slightly more interesting things than DD - who was a very nice player for us.

Future... Because some of the classes are pretty good size... I do think many other people are being enlisted for support in recruiting. That's why Ray said.. "we'll be back on top - again - soon." I believe him. Kevin (and crew) - got this.

It should be a fun year with Sterling and Shonn added to the team... we should be a pretty tough out by the end. (SG, RP, DH, SM, AB... looks to be an interesting lineup on the floor). I also believe SC will be significantly improved this year. Just a feeling....

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Wow! Impressed by the quick hands on defense in the beginning,. Good instincts. I want him.

Reaction Score
I don't know if it's his stroke or his slight frame, but he reminds me of a young RIP.

Reaction Score
New video:

I see a Niels type player, which is a huge compliment. He just seems to do a lot of things really well but isn't going to blow your hair back with his athleticism.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Although they were not teammates, Coach Ollie's and Thurl Bailey's NBA careers overlapped in 1999. Thurl is also a man of high character and I sure he at least knows of Coach Ollie.
I think this has to be an advantage.

Reaction Score
A lot to like in that latest video, reminds me a lot of that Bennie Boatwright kid that they recruited for a bit that eventually committed to USC. On a related note, whoever is putting that AAU team's highlight mixes together is doing a ridiculous job, those Courtside Films dudes who pump out all those awful mixtapes need to take note.

Reaction Score
thurl bailey was mobile 6'11 ... his son looks like he can actually catch another growth spurt . If he say, shoots up to 6'9, that would be some prospect coming in.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
thurl bailey was mobile 6'11 ... his son looks like he can actually catch another growth spurt . If he say, shoots up to 6'9, that would be some prospect coming in.
Tcf's profile on him says hes already 6'8 and he definitely doesn't have his grown man body yet so I'd imagine continued physical growth is likely

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I can't wait for the people crying over his frame, when literally all this kid will do is shoot threes.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Although they were not teammates, Coach Ollie's and Thurl Bailey's NBA careers overlapped in 1999. Thurl is also a man of high character and I sure he at least knows of Coach Ollie.
Seems to be an ideal recruit for us. Talent, lineage, height, shooter and most importantly character.
Would appear to be a great match. Ollie the motivator, teacher and a man of character and a teachable young man preparing for a very bright future.

Reaction Score
He also overlapped with Sam Cassell. There could be a pretty good father/son pickup game going.

Reaction Score
It is hard to tell from clips but he seems to resemble something like a Niels. Not summer athletic but with some added strength could be a bigger presence inside but the kid seems to have the nice touch and if you can add a kid with that and his pedigree...would find a nice role on an Ollie team

Reaction Score
scotty0330 said:
Not summer athletic but with some added strength could be a bigger presence inside

That's ok - since basketball is a winter sport.

Sorry, sorry - sometimes autocorrect throws you an easy set up line and you have to pounce.

Reaction Score

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Kid is a top 75 player with upside and pedigree. He's been offered by Arizona and Gonzaga, he would be more than a solid get.
At the risk of derailing this thread. Why is gonzaga considerd a top offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom