SF Brendan Bailey (Marquette Commit) | The Boneyard

SF Brendan Bailey (Marquette Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel like we've offered enough wings in the 2016 class. We have a very good shot with both Kegler and King, not sure why we have to offer all these kids.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I feel like we've offered enough wings in the 2016 class. We have a very good shot with both Kegler and King, not sure why we have to offer all these kids.

What if neither commits and we're stuck scrambling for a 3-star later on? Nothing is certain when it comes to recruiting teenagers, and while it's not wise to spread yourself too thin, I'm all for having a few solid 4-stars as backup plans.

Reaction Score
But what if we widen our reach too much like this past year with Clarke, Jones and Mack and end up with none. These kids like to know they are the player we want.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I mean at this point it's just extending an offer. I don't see what the harm is. This could be the last we hear of this kid - nobody knows where our recruitment of him is going.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I actually really like this kids game. He's a great shooter and looks like he's willing to rebound. Doesn't seem like he can handle the ball as of right now though, and combining that with his thin frame spells very little inside scoring.

Adidas gauntlet highlights from last weekend:

Reaction Score
I actually really like this kids game. He's a great shooter and looks like he's willing to rebound. Doesn't seem like he can handle the ball as of right now though, and combining that with his thin frame spells very little inside scoring.

Adidas gauntlet highlights from last weekend:

Better be able to shoot with that music :eek:

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Ollie seems to be changing his recruiting pattern, going after guys who will be around for a while, a long while.

Reaction Score
This kid has good hands, height, decent jumper, can rebound, and pass.

sign him up!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Kegler and King are likely going someplace else.

caw

Reaction Score

Still a shot with King but he is supposedly leaning to UL. It does appear he is going to visit this weekend though, hope he doesn't have car troubles.

Reaction Score
But what if we widen our reach too much like this past year with Clarke, Jones and Mack and end up with none. These kids like to know they are the player we want.
You just made the point for offering more players. The recruits understand the deal. If a wing in this case commits then their offer may be pulled.

Reaction Score
He's definitely had a major growth spurt and is growing into his body. He looks kind of slow and gawky because of the growth spurt but he is from good stock, his dad was a heck of a player.

Reaction Score

we are in a distant 2nd with king. But a great visit could change that. it seems we are not very involved with keg Either

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
we are in a distant 2nd with king. But a great visit could change that. it seems we are not very involved with keg Either

Yes, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up about King bc UL is the clear leader, but the distance is theoretically doable.

The problem is that King has already seen what UConn has when he came for First Night so I'm not sure how much ground UConn can really make up. If he had never visited before Id say the chances were higher to impress him. On the flip side, he is giving UConn a second visit (assuming no car issues), so he wants to give UConn a chance to impress him.

The biggest positive is that Ollie has a solid relationship with King, while it appears Kings best relationship at UL is with the assistant. From what I could tell it was his first time really meeting with Pitino. Of course that UL assistant knows him very well. If I were a betting man, I'd say that is the main reason UConn is even getting a second chance.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If we don't offer then how do they know we are interested????????????????

Reaction Score
I like this young man's game and his lineage. He and Gabriel create match up nightmares. I'll take em' all!

Kevin knows what he is doing. Far be it for me to tell him what to do... I like where the program is headed.. and the quality of talent we are pushing for.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Can an "insider" tell me what his weaknesses are?

Reaction Score
Amazed that his visit was so quiet. Horde must be in full off season mode to not have reported on this. No arguments about his pedigree his daddy was a player. Arizona has offered him so I will trust the judgement of two guys like miller and ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom