Breaking the undefeated streak? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Breaking the undefeated streak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So the Ogwumike sisters, Skylaar Diggins, Kayla mcBride, Jewel Lloyd and Briana Turner aren't top line players?
I think itsasport was talking about amassing so Ogwumike, Diggins and McBride, Loyd and Turner. But I agree with you ND is still pulling in pretty good talent. Maybe not quite as much as S. Carolina or Tennessee. Where I can agree with itsasport, what are they doing with them so far???

Next year I do expect TN and SCar to make it to the FF. Along with UCONN and ND. Now one of those 4 probably won't make it. Just because stuff happens.

Reaction Score
So the Ogwumike sisters, Skylaar Diggins, Kayla mcBride, Jewel Lloyd and Briana Turner aren't top line players?
I think itsasport was talking about amassing so Ogwumike, Diggins and McBride, Loyd and Turner. But I agree with you ND is still pulling in pretty good talent. Maybe not quite as much as S. Carolina or Tennessee. Where I can agree with itsasport, what are they doing with them so far???

Next year I do expect TN and SCar to make it to the FF. Along with UCONN and ND. Now one of those 4 probably won't make it. Just because stuff happens.

Amassing was the word I was looking for- a comparison of the comparable strengths of the recruiting classes vs results and future expectations

Concerning the recruited classes, by team, from 2008 through 2014(so far), UConn ranked-(with dashes indication a low ranking)----2, _, 3, 2, 1, _, 4. The NCAA Tournaments have reflected those numbers.

For Tenn.---1, 12, 14, 1, 5, 3, 6. For Duke---5, 24, 1, 4, 7, 2, 3. For Rutgers---3, 9, _, 3, 3, 19, _.

For Notre Dame---21, 16, 8, 29, 4, 4, 5. For Stanford---6, 10, 4, 6, 23, 6, _. For Louisville---13, 23, 5, 7, _, _, 8.

If you compare the performances in the NCAA Tournament for the above two groups of teams, there is a conundrum.

Maryland, South Carolina and North Carolina have also soaked up a number of top recruits. The point is that no team with bad coaching is going to defeat UConn in the next two years.

It is an interesting question as to why so many top players are not choosing to go to the schools with the best coaching. But, as long as this continues, it will abet a long undefeated streak by UConn.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Obviously there are many who think that Dawn is ready to jump to the elite ranks.
The North Carolina thing last season appears to be a one-off.
Maryland, Tennessee and Rutgers have not given any evidence of being in the same class as us.
Stanford has advantages and disadvantages with regard recruiting; well documented.
Louisville, for all its success, has not developed into a recruiting powerhouse.
Baylor (who you omitted), continues to make inroads in recruiting as well as Texas and some Pac-10 teams.
Notre Dame does very well with a little less…just not enough

I don't see who's going to challenge us in the near-term.
Especially with the magnificent classes coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom