Brady Suspension Upheld | The Boneyard

Brady Suspension Upheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'm sure this will be posted in the football board but it fits here so figured I'd post. 4 game suspension upheld with the league citing the destruction of a cell phone as a main supporting reason. They say the phone was destroyed around the time the investigation began and that this was not disclosed until mid June.

I don't particularly care about the deflation nonsense but rules are rules etc. I also don't think it's a coincidence that their fumble rates were so low etc. etc. It's all been discussed ad nauseum and I can't wait for this season to be over so people will stop talking about it. I also hope it helps boost the Bills to the playoffs for the first time since I was 9 years old :-/

Reaction Score
I'm sure this will be posted in the football board but it fits here so figured I'd post. 4 game suspension upheld with the league citing the destruction of a cell phone as a main supporting reason. They say the phone was destroyed around the time the investigation began and that this was not disclosed until mid June.

I don't particularly care about the deflation nonsense but rules are rules etc. I also don't think it's a coincidence that their fumble rates were so low etc. etc. It's all been discussed ad nauseum and I can't wait for this season to be over so people will stop talking about it. I also hope it helps boost the Bills to the playoffs for the first time since I was 9 years old :-/

Last guy to destroy a phone for any reason was a teammate - Aaron Hernandez ;)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Last guy to destroy a phone for any reason was a teammate - Aaron Hernandez ;)

Come on, Mau. Any time you link Hernandez into the Brady discussion you immediately make your argument seem much less compelling.

Reaction Score
Come on, Mau. Any time you link Hernandez into the Brady discussion you immediately make your argument seem much less compelling.

I'm guessing most would think of this as sarcasm and even if not, it's not an "argument" is it? I mean he destroyed his phone right before the investigation, it's obvious why right? :eek:

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I'm guessing most would think of this as sarcasm and even if not, it's not an "argument" is it? I mean he destroyed his phone right before the investigation, it's obvious why right? :eek:

No, if you're one of those guys trying to spin this as an arm of some vast Patriot criminal conspiracy as if Hernandez/Spikes' actions (which were unilaterally condemned and resulted in their immediate release) are related to "Deflategate" as many on the internet are, it is an argument you're trying to make (and a horribly thought out one at that).

Reaction Score
No, if you're one of those guys trying to spin this as an arm of some vast Patriot criminal conspiracy as if Hernandez/Spikes' actions (which were unilaterally condemned and resulted in their immediate release) are related to "Deflategate" as many on the internet are, it is an argument you're trying to make (and a horribly thought out one at that).

Who would spin it that way? I really doubt anyone would compare the 2. A little touchy around the Nation to think a broken phone comparison by a murderer and a deflator are related at all.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Who would spin it that way? I really doubt anyone would compare the 2. A little touchy around the Nation to think a broken phone comparison by a murderer and a deflator are related at all.

Be thankful you don't spend as much time as I do trolling ESPN/Bleacher Report comments sections, my friend...

Reaction Score
Be thankful you don't spend as much time as I do trolling ESPN/Bleacher Report comments sections, my friend...

That is whacked to equate those 2 in any way I will give you that. But unlike me, many others are whacked :oops:

Reaction Score

It's obvious if you ASSUME it's because he was trying to avoid them having access to records on his phone about deflate-gate. Especially considering they already had the ball boy(s) phone records. If there was evidence of collusion between them and Brady, it would be on THEIR phones. What other text messages are they proposing could be on his phone - unless, of course, they wanted to just go on a fishing expedition to see what else is in his phone.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that he was trying to avoid anyone having access to records of something else on his phone.

If you don't think there's any legit reason for someone of Tom Brady's level of celebrity to be leery of the NFL having his phone, you're a fool. They could make all the claims about privacy they want. I'm sure nothing incriminating on his phone would OFFICIALLY be released in an NFL report, but that sure as hell means squat for what would later be leaked to the media of held against him by the league.

The NFL has done nothing in the last year or so if they haven't demonstrated they are an incompetent and dysfunctional organization careening from one crisis to the next and making up the rules they want to go by on the fly from one day to the next. I wouldn't trust that group of bumbling fools with my phone either.

Reaction Score
It's obvious if you ASSUME it's because he was trying to avoid them having access to records on his phone about deflate-gate. Especially considering they already had the ball boy(s) phone records. If there was evidence of collusion between them and Brady, it would be on THEIR phones. What other text messages are they proposing could be on his phone - unless, of course, they wanted to just go on a fishing expedition to see what else is in his phone.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that he was trying to avoid anyone having access to records of something else on his phone.

If you don't think there's any legit reason for someone of Tom Brady's level of celebrity to be leery of the NFL having his phone, you're a fool. They could make all the claims about privacy they want. I'm sure nothing incriminating on his phone would OFFICIALLY be released in an NFL report, but that sure as hell means squat for what would later be leaked to the media of held against him by the league.

The NFL has done nothing in the last year or so if they haven't demonstrated they are an incompetent and dysfunctional organization careening from one crisis to the next and making up the rules they want to go by on the fly from one day to the next. I wouldn't trust that group of bumbling fools with my phone either.

Ok you're right! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So you would trust the NFL with the sensitive info on your phone ? Whatever you say. You recall, I'm not a Pats fan, but a Western CT Yankees / Knicks / Cowboys fan. This entire affair has been overblown by a factor of 100. Nothing actually happened, unless you subscribe to the ridiculous idea that a Patriots ball boy was able to take 12 footballs out of a bag, exactly lower the pressure of each one, and put them back in the bag one by one so as to not get confused which ones he had deflated or not deflated - all in 100 seconds. And you find some kind of fault with the ideal gas laws that predicted the halftime pressure of the footballs based on the change in temperature and weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom