Boy when you look at that Phil Nolan jumpshot yesterday | The Boneyard

Boy when you look at that Phil Nolan jumpshot yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and that athletic emphatic dunk--why cant he produce a little more on the offensive end--seems like he/can should? Perhaps we see 5-6 points game next year as a senior? Why cant he take 3-4 shots?

Maybe the rest of the way to create more balance we should make sure Brimah Noland and facey all get shots to contribute offensively and that the guards are mandated to not only get it inside a but--but to also drive to the hoop and attack the rim.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Phil is showing confidence out there and playing within himself. He is starting to contribute more and seems to have taken Facey's minutes as a reward. I personally no longer feel uncomfortable when he's on the court. Partly because he is plays good D, sets screens and has a knack for drawing charges. He is just not a box score player and when you realize that, then his qualities shine.

Reaction Score
it seemed like he heard the commentators talking about how he's been a disappointment this season. I was thinking maybe he can only really produce on March 1st and after, or only the month of March... did he do much in the championship game last year or just the games leading up to it?

and a different side note: I think Nolan and Brimah are much more consistent jump shooters than Purvis/Samuel/Calhoun. Those guys can throw up a perfect three that swishes (other than samuel) and then follow it up with a wide open air ball, its insane to throw up shots as bad as those guys sometimes do

Reaction Score
Phil played very well last night. Ripped a rebound or 2 away, played solid defense and was very active and passionate. Wish others jumped on his bandwagon.

Reaction Score
Those two shots were completely wide open and uncontested. It doesn't happen all the time.

Reaction Score
If he could double his scoring average from one to two points a game we may have 3 more wins this year.

Reaction Score
Those two shots were completely wide open and uncontested. It doesn't happen all the time.
if he makes those shots though it forces the defense to adjust, which opens up the lane for our guards who are clearly all drivers and not shooters. He doesn't have to make them every game, he just has to make the other team think he can make them. Mind games...and we all know Phil is a master at those with his epic photo bombing skills

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I've always felt that Nolan's game is more mental than anyone else on the team. When his confidence is up he produces and when it's down he seems to panic and just not know what to do when the ball is in his hands. I think it was in the West Virginia game early this year where he got really angry over a foul call and played really aggressively and with a great deal of confidence for the rest of the half. The key seems for PN seems to be not over-thinking every move on offense. When he doesn't do that, good things happen. When he does, turnovers happen and layups get blocked.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Phil played very well last night. Ripped a rebound or 2 away, played solid defense and was very active and passionate. Wish others jumped on his bandwagon.

I couldn't believe how easily Phil jump up and snatched that rebound over the memphis player's head. That's how we need him to rebound - with power.

Reaction Score
I'm happy Nolan had some solid minutes, but 4 points and 4 Boards in 32 minutes is a little embarrassing to create a post over. Personally I'm hoping Enoch takes 28 of those minutes from him next year and throws up 10 and 6.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm happy Nolan had some solid minutes, but 4 points and 4 Boards in 32 minutes is a little embarrassing to create a post over. Personally I'm hoping Enoch takes 28 of those minutes from him next year and throws up 10 and 6.

You don't measure a player's value solely in points and rebounds. The on-ball defense and screen-setting Phil provides are key reasons why he's out there.

Also, Enoch won't be putting up Hamilton-type numbers next year - he will be a very nice player in due time, but he is not as polished or experienced as Hamilton.

Reaction Score
Nolan had a really good game last night. Looks like he finally found his role on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom