Bowlsby on Texas, expansion, conference title games and College Football Playoff | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bowlsby on Texas, expansion, conference title games and College Football Playoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
One of the B12's heavyweights and the team who they were all up in arms about being left out last year is nowhere to be found right now. #3 TCU playing an exciting offensive squad in SMU (who just hung with Baylor for a half) and they are not on ESPN Ocho, FS1,000,000, or anywhere online. Please note: UConn just played at #22 Missouri on ESPN today.

Meanwhile, FOX Network (not FS1) is airing Texas vs Cal. Two struggling programs and the most exciting storyline being how long will Charlie Strong last at Texas.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about the B12 pecking order (and the urgent need to expand), then I don't know what does. The B12 should be doing everything possible to ensure that TCU and Baylor reach as many eyeballs as possible to try to convince the country that they are deserving of a playoff spot.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
TCU / SMU was syndicated out to RSNs. It wasn't as buried as you're implying. I watched it on a NY RSN.

Reaction Score
I don't remember the channel, but I watched a bit of the TCU/SMU game, and it was grouped with all the other channels showing college football, so easy to find and flip back and forth to/from..

Reaction Score
UConn9604, post: 1415837, member: 3825"]When a school like BC -- which had something like a .250 record against teams not named Temple or Rutgers in Big East play -- walks in with players that were recruited to play in the Big East and makes the title game twice, you know that quality of play in the Big East was never an issue.
And that was before RU and Temple became decent and BC lost their way. BC is just now getting decent again though with few fans and being isolated and Cuse FB went into deep decline.[/QUOTE]

BC did win the Big East in 2004....had a 12-1 record against Rutgers in the Big East and never lost to UConn.

Miami, VT, WVU, and Cuse were beating them fairly regularly (losing records to all).

BC peaked in 2007 and 2008 with their best seasons in the last 15 and did make the ACC CCG only to lose.

They need another Matt Ryan at QB like in 2007....if they could throw the ball, they could contend. Not being able to throw, they ended up only crossing the 50 once against FSU and that was only to the 39.

Reaction Score
And that was before RU and Temple became decent and BC lost their way. BC is just now getting decent again though with few fans and being isolated and Cuse FB went into deep decline.

BC did win the Big East in 2004....had a 12-1 record against Rutgers in the Big East and never lost to UConn.
[/QUOTE]

What a schmuck. (Does the program block that?) BC was a whopping 1-0 against UConn in the Big East. It was a home game. You could not possibly be more disigenous with your use of words.

Reaction Score

What a schmuck. (Does the program block that?) BC was a whopping 1-0 against UConn in the Big East. It was a home game. You could not possibly be more disigenous with your use of words.[/QUOTE]

I honestly think UConn is 0 and 2 against BC after joining the Big E as I went to both games. UConn got mauled at BC and then lost a painfully close game at the Rent that included Orlovsky throwing a ball at the feet of a UConn wide receiver who was tackled in the End Zone well before the ball was thrown but the ref declined to see that and several other offenses.

Reaction Score
And that was before RU and Temple became decent and BC lost their way. BC is just now getting decent again though with few fans and being isolated and Cuse FB went into deep decline.

Miami, VT, WVU, and Cuse were beating them fairly regularly (losing records to all).

BC peaked in 2007 and 2008 with their best seasons in the last 15 and did make the ACC CCG only to lose.

They need another Matt Ryan at QB like in 2007....if they could throw the ball, they could contend. Not being able to throw, they ended up only crossing the 50 once against FSU and that was only to the 39.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that teams are better when they have the no. 3 pick in the NFL draft? I had no idea.

Reaction Score
What a schmuck. (Does the program block that?) BC was a whopping 1-0 against UConn in the Big East. It was a home game. You could not possibly be more disigenous with your use of words.

I honestly think UConn is 0 and 2 against BC after joining the Big E as I went to both games. UConn got mauled at BC and then lost a painfully close game at the Rent that included Orlovsky throwing a ball at the feet of a UConn wide receiver who was tackled in the End Zone well before the ball was thrown but the ref declined to see that and several other offenses.[/QUOTE]

That was 2003, we were still independent then (which is why we missed a bowl at 9-3).

Our three losses were at Virginia Tech (when Caulley shredded his knee), at home vs. BC (don't forget the home clock operator letting them get off a FG at the half, or the big TE from Westport rumbling down the sidelines), and on the last play of the game at NC State (when Orlovsky was no worse than a guy named Philip Rivers).

Reaction Score

I honestly think UConn is 0 and 2 against BC after joining the Big E as I went to both games. UConn got mauled at BC and then lost a painfully close game at the Rent that included Orlovsky throwing a ball at the feet of a UConn wide receiver who was tackled in the End Zone well before the ball was thrown but the ref declined to see that and several other offenses.[/QUOTE]

BC only came to the REnt once -- in '03 -- before UConn was in the Big East. We went to Chestnut Hill in '04 -- our first year in the Big East -- and then they were gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom