borges:Omar Calhoun Isn't Going Anywhere | Page 2 | The Boneyard

borges:Omar Calhoun Isn't Going Anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Mr Calhoun is a class act; from a coach's perspective you wish all your parents were like that. I sat near him Omar's Freshman year - and he always was a gentleman and conducted himself with class. True not as flamboyant as the Boatshow crew - but a real role model.

Reaction Score
There are plenty of D1 places who would have offered a guy who scored double digits in the Big East 2 years ago a promise of 30 minutes a game. And since you're probably too obtuse to notice, a lot of players from schools like that are playing with Giffey in the Portsmouth NBA draft camp.

In summary...don't be a pr*ck, Omar's dealt with enough of that on this board this year.
I like Calhoun but he would be stupid to go to another school. We just won the national championship and next year he might be a key player.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am concerned that Calhoun's injuries are more serious than he let's on. I can't think of a lot of examples of kids that appear to be as motivated and hard working as Calhoun getting that much worse without a serious injury. Double hip surgeries sounds very serious.

Right, they framed his surgeries as "no big deal." But as someone said, minor surgery is what the other guy is having. KO gave Omar every chance to keep his spot and only moved on when it was clear that this wasn't going to be his season. Let's hope another he get's better with more time. That G'town 3 was a big-time shot and you can't have enough big-time players.

Reaction Score
He had a chance to leave when the postseason ban was imposed. He stayed. He had a chance to leave when Calhoun retired. He stayed. He had a chance to pout when he got passed on the depth chart this season. He kept working hard.

If he's not a great player for us, I'll be surprised. Character is half the battle and he definitely has the talent to go along with it.

It's hard to understand all the folks who think Omar won't contribute next year for the following reasons:

1. He already contributed to a team that stayed in the race for the conference championship of as good a conference as there was for an entire season.

2. KO has proven he knows hoops, and KO thought enough of his game THIS YEAR that he kept him in the starting lineup for a long time, showing that KO thought he could contribute at least at the level that LK and Giffey contributed to a team that won a national championship.

Stuff happened this year. An unbelievably unlikely series of stuff. But the thought that we have so many players who are going to be playing at levels well above what Omar gave us a frosh (and I have no reason to think Omar won't be above that level next year) strikes me as silly.

C

Chief00

The thing that I liked about Mr Calhoun was he cheered hard for other players; it wasn't just about his kid.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I like Calhoun but he would be stupid to go to another school. We just won the national championship and next year he might be a key player.

That is true. Your previous post read like "Were the hell was he going to go? Who would want him? He sucks." Probably why the guy posted what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom