Boom! Season tix bonuses! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boom! Season tix bonuses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Baby steps.

Take advantage of the extra hour and show it can be accomplished without reversing the rotation of the earth and they'll eventually give another hour. Six hours is plenty enough for any game for Connecticutians.

They're giving season ticket holders slack in the rope. You can either pull yourself up or hang yourself.

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
You're right. I should buy seats on my own account and sit across the stadium from my friends and sit by myself for 3 hours. :rolleyes: There was a time not so long ago when the venue was more than half full.

No you shouldn't. But you are trading better seats for losing the benefit of owning the tickets.

I assume you don't take the tax deduction for his donation. That's an actual real benefit.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Is this right? We only have to pay a small club donation now instead of an extra $100 seat donation? If that's true, then seat prices did go down. We have to cut our group down from 6 to 4 but saving $300 of our total cost is a nice perk.

-- I meant you won't have to donate
extra after the ticket and seat donation. I doubt the seat donation goes away. You just won't have to pony up extra to keep your points up and be able to stay in same area.
(My take on it)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Guess I'll have to live with that on my conscience.

And you assume correct In this case. I consider the extra $100 "donation" as a part of the cost of entertainment. It is what it is. Regardless, I'd venture a guess that the IRS probably has bigger fish to fry.

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
Guess I'll have to live with that on my conscience. And you assume correct In this case. I consider the extra $100 "donation" as a part of the cost of entertainment. It is what it is. Regardless, I'd venture a guess that the IRS probably has bigger fish to fry.

I'm not talking about the IRS. You are mad about getting screwed out of a hat. Meanwhile your friend is taking 100 from you and deducting 80 of it so he is screwing you out of 80 * his marginal tax rate per ticket. You mad at him? :)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm not talking about the IRS. You are mad about getting screwed out of a hat. Meanwhile your friend is taking 100 from you and deducting 80 of it so he is screwing you out of 80 * his marginal tax rate per ticket. You mad at him? :)

No. We are a bunch of accountants and financial advisors. He typically uses the savings on food and booze for tailgating. that part works out in the end.;)

Reaction Score
For the record, my comment about drowning my tears in a hat was a joke.

Quite frankly, I think this is an excellent move. They should absolutely incentivize being a season ticket holder. I am gonna buy gear anyway -- so buying cheaper gear is a huge bonus for me, especially on Game Day. An extra hour of tailgating is great for those afternoon/evening games, though coming from New Haven, getting there before 8 is just... yeah. Tough.

Overall very happy they're listening and understand they need to rewards those of us loyal enough to stick it out.

Reaction Score
The parking situation is simple. They only open the season ticket holder lots early and the red lots don't open until the normal time. You can funnel the cars down the way of the red lot and they just sit there until they officially open them. I doubt it'll be as huge of an issue for the Saturday games but it will certainly be interesting for the Thursday/Friday night games.

Reaction Score
The parking situation is simple. They only open the season ticket holder lots early and the red lots don't open until the normal time. You can funnel the cars down the way of the red lot and they just sit there until they officially open them. I doubt it'll be as huge of an issue for the Saturday games but it will certainly be interesting for the Thursday/Friday night games.

I don't have a parking pass b/c I get two season tickets and usually give one to a friend who generally offers to pay for parking. So that situation wouldn't be ideal for me. Season passes != season parking passes.

Reaction Score
I don't have a parking pass b/c I get two season tickets and usually give one to a friend who generally offers to pay for parking. So that situation wouldn't be ideal for me. Season passes != season parking passes.
Well it specified in the email it's for season ticket holders who purchase season parking passes. Just have your buddy pony up for the parking in advance otherwise you're SOL. I've never purchased season parking before either but that might change this year.

Reaction Score
I see what you did there.

Reaction Score
Count me in. For the first time in 4 years I can afford AND have the time for games at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom