Boogie Fland decommits from Kentucky | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Boogie Fland decommits from Kentucky

Reaction Score
Tristen Newton signed with East Carolina. Cam Spencer signed with Loyola of MD. Different circumstances but often 18 year old kids make mistakes in judgment.
Or, in the cases you cited, they took the best offer they received.

Reaction Score
Or, in the cases you cited, they took the best offer they received.
Missed the point. The point is that some of UConn’s most beloved players didn’t call UConn home first. I was responding to someone who wasn’t crazy about the fact that McNeeley chose Indiana first. I care about if he’s choosing us now.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I will. Im all in on Cal sticking it up their butts.

I get that - I’m closer to rooting for him than I’ve been since I can remember. And I like Arkansas, I got the ‘94 retro shorts for when they win I’ll claim fandom.

But I can’t root for him.

Reaction Score
Except that every coaching staff is telling their recruits that they are not "unaffiliated" and the staff controls payments. Can't have it both ways under oath.
I think many people are misunderstanding what is going on with NIL. I break it down into 2 buckets. The first bucket is what NIL was intended for: paying college athletes to promote companies, products, and services. In general, these are contracted directly with the athlete and it is where the largest dollars come from. Think female athletes like Livvy Dunne, Caitlin Clark, Paige Bueckers,... and the national companies, products, and services they promote. And, many athletes are getting paid by local companies to promote their businesses. Think the local car dealership, restaurant, service. The second bucket is coming from the NIL collectives which are loosely aligned with the universities and is kind of pay for play. In my opinion, the first bucket is very difficult to regulate, but the second bucket could come under scrutiny and there could be lawsuits for equal pay. In my opinion, if schools are going to pay athletes directly, they will have to pay men and women equally. So, if 100 men are getting paid by the school and/or collective, I would think the school will have to pay 100 women an equal amount. (Actual NIL deals will be get paid what you can by the market.)

And, don't think people aren't already thinking about how to treat athletes in a balanced way. Look at the D'Amelio Collective. They have signed up at least one male or female athlete from each UConn team.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I remember a debate in this forum when Cal started at Kentucky that the Kentucky brand was the reason he was able to recruit so well.

Didn’t matter that Tubby Smith was fired because he couldn’t recruit. It was only later in Cal’s tenure that people bought the narrative that he got players into the NBA as one read in addition to the Kentucky brand

Well the brand has been exposed. It’s about the coaches. And in Cal’s case I’ll stick with the expression follow the money.

Put me in the camp wanting Cal and Kentucky losing.

Reaction Score
The name on the jersey is irrelevant. The sports equivalent of mercenaries. No loyalty. It's all about what they can get out of it.

Reaction Score
The name on the jersey is irrelevant. The sports equivalent of mercenaries. No loyalty. It's all about what they can get out of it.
Hmmm. Sounds like my thought process in looking for jobs over the years "what can I get out of it". Some was money, also location, experience to improve skills, type of company/management, opportunities for advancement, etc. Guys have to do what they think is best, how much better "trained" can you get at school A vs. B for the future, how sure are you it isn't just BS, and how much loot are you willing to give up to the take the apparently better fit (with lower NIL)?

Reaction Score
And he had the audacity to say that his recruitment is wide open lmao.
"Did I say 'recruitment'? Sorry I meant 'bank account.'"

And good for him.

I wish he were UConn material, because a bought in Boogie Fland would have been special here, but UConn is not for everybody. I might even wish him success if he didn't sign with a Lovecraftian horror.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom