Boo Williams; other tourneys | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Boo Williams; other tourneys

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I watched the beginning of Boykin's first match and she went off after only a few minutes clutching the knee that had the ACL injury. Hope its not more bad news...

:oops:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Keith Gilchrist @Coachkgnjsparks · 5h5 hours ago
5'10" 2018 PG Honesty Grayson picks up interest from Maryland UConn South Carolina Kentucky Florida Baylor & Notre Dame #NJSparksGo

Grayson attends Blair Academy in NJ, same HS as Espinoza-Hunter.

UConn was already interested in Danielle Patterson (Geno watched one of HS games) and sounds like that interest is only going to grow after her play at Boo Williams.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star's assessment of Grayson after the Nike TOC:

Honesty Grayson (Riverdale Baptist – Upper Marlboro, Md.) – 5-8 – 2018 – Promising young point guard…Has already established herself…Speed with the ball…Sees the floor…Floater is there as well as a “true” jumper…Creates in transition…Major possibilities

Reaction Score
Do we know if Geno has show interest in 2017 Sidney Cooks or 2017 Kasiyahna Kushkituah?

Reaction Score
I thought so, but I haven't heard anything on her for a while.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Another day one baller was Ms. baller herself, Honesty just keeps on getting better at every part of her game. This AAU season Grayson has made some changes, switching from the New York Choz to the New Jersey Power House NJ Sparks, she has already been Invited to USA Trails, this young lady is fundamentally sound, she has one of the greatest work ethic Gthing has ever seen. Great basketball IQ, can take a defender off the dribble, makes good decision, smooth, can get everyone involved even the crowd.

http://www.gthingbasketball.com/2015/04/part-2-of-day-1-ballers-at-team.html

Danielle Patterson 6'3 2017, Medgar Evers College Prep HS, (NY) - The former Philly Belle is starting to mesh well with her new teammates, a lot of College recruiters are knocking at her door. The wing slash post brings a lot to the table, Patterson can play on the wing all day in shoot which she does well, or she can kill you down in the post were she is very quick, very athletic, good athleticism, mid range shot, great prospect.

http://www.gthingbasketball.com/2015/04/team-takeover-spring-invitational-day-2.html

Reaction Score
Is it possible that there are two boo Williams teams-elite and another one?

1. Sluconn HuskyPopular Poster
    New

Question. I've seen twitter pictures in which Megan Walker wears No. 30 for the Boo Williams elite team. When I watch the game against Miami on "Cube" streaming link No. 30 is called Robinson by the announcer. She looks very good. There is no mention of Walker in the entire game. Can anyone explain this?
    It's even more confusing than that. Boo Williams was scheduled to play two games yesterday, neither of which were against the Miami Suns. And the scores indicate they did play those two games, but they also played the Suns. To makes matters worse, BW has a really good PG named Taya Robinson but Walker has ALWAYS worn #30 and she wore it yesterday in one of the early games.

In short, I'm still not sure if that was Walker or not. The feed is not particularly clear and the announcer makes no mention of her. It's so confusing I decided not to even go into it until you made this post.

Sluconn Husky, Saturday at 8:34 PMReport
    #36LikeReply

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Is it possible that there are two boo Williams teams-elite and another one?

There are several teams but only one would be playing at the Nike EYBL in Virginia.

I watched the Philly Belles game and for the entire game the PBP guy mixed up Andra Espinosa-Hunter and another girl, calling each by the other's name. Considering that, I'm starting to lean towards the notion that the PBP guy simply had the wrong info when he was covering Walker. Still not sure since the vid isn't real clear, but I'm more inclined to believe #30 in that game was Walker.

Reaction Score
Kushkituah has been on an unofficial to Tennessee. Lady Vols staff have been in on her very early. Same goes for Williams as the Lady Vols were all in early on for her. She expressed high interest in Tennessee at that point. Hoping for good things with those two but their exposure is growing and the number of elite teams has exploded in regards to their recruitment (but that was expected). Walker sounds like a gem.

One player I've seen play recently that I really liked is 2017 Madison Treece. She plays for All Iowa and for Rock Bridge, MO. I think she was a teammate of N. Collier at Incarnate Word her freshman year. She is 6'4 and has great tools.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn is in on 2018 posts 6-3 Bexley Wallace (Blue Star #3) from Ohio and 6-4 Lindsey Jarosinski (Blue Star #2) from Illinois.

Both will try out for the U-16 team with Espinosa-Hunter next month.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Here's a piece on the Cal Stars' success (5-0) at the Boo event and the interest in some of its players. Cal Stars crushed Lauren Cox's team 91-57.

http://www.prep2prep.com/feature.aspx?ArticleID=4221

On Ionescu:

Ionescu, the ESPN No. 1-ranked combo guard and No. 5 overall rated player in the nation, already has two-dozen offers, and the list reads like a who’s who of elite programs, including Connecticut, Duke, Maryland, Louisville, Notre Dame, Stanford and Texas, plus Cal and just about every other Pac-12 school as well.

In Virginia she averaged 15.8 points, 5.2 rebounds, 5.4 assists, and shot 96.4 percent from the free-throw line. The high games from Ionescu were 26 points against Cy-Fair Shock and 21 points with 12 assists versus Team Takeover.

There is no doubt Geno likes Ionescu a lot; it's not clear (at least to me) how strong her interest is in UConn. This is the first I've seen Notre Dame listed as a team that has offered Ionescu, though ND's 2015 class wouldn't make it a great fit.

A rising star is 6-2 Aquira Decosta and UConn seems interested:

When the Stars completed their 5-0 showing with the thrashing of Texas United there were plenty of eyes on the girls despite a Sunday 8 a.m. starting time.

Some of the coaches were there to see Ionescu and Texas United star and ESPN No. 1 rated recruitLauren Cox, but our sources other than Sopak, including several college coaches, told us it was Acosta many wanted to see. The 6-foot-2 Class of 2018 star didn’t disappoint after finishing with a game-high 21 points and seven rebounds. DeCosta even dropped in two 3-pointers.

“The whole UConn staff was at the game and I know they were looking closely at Aquira,” said Sopak who added. “I’m looking forward to a call from Geno (Connecticut head coach Geno Auriemma) or someone on the UConn staff.”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well I hope Ionescu has interest in UConn. It would be incredible to round out the 2016 recruiting class with Cox and Ionescu!!!!!!!!!
Or McCoy and Ionescu.

Hmm, a backcourt of Dangerfield and Ionescu? I really, really like that.

I heard a rumor that Decosta is very good and looks better every time you see her. Some would say she's an Aquira'd taste. :(

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn had a coaching presence in Florida the last few days watching Kenny Kalina's FGB squads. No specific names reported, but his best players according to Kalina himself are:

UConn already had reported interest in LaDazhia Williams.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star recaps Boo Williams:

http://www.bluestarmedia.org/index.php/component/k2/item/1216-eybl-extra

First for our Duke fans, sounds like Boykin didn't play or played very little.

Standout guard Mikayla Boykin is still limited (knee) in her participation.

As for UConn, no Danielle Patterson stats but:

High profile Sabrina Ionescu averaged 15.8 which included a 26 point performance against Cy-Fair.

Andra Espinoza – Hunter added 9.4 per game

UConn commit and former Tennessee Flight point guard Crystal Dangerfield led the way with 15.4 a game including two 21 point efforts.

Megan Walker continues to elevate her already elite status. Posting a 16.2 point average and pulling 5.6 rebounds, she finished with 18 or more in four of five games.

Lauren Cox produced a double – double average of 15.8 points and 11.6 rebounds, including a 24 / 20 effort against the Fairfax Stars.

Honesty Grayson, an elite 2018 combo, shot 53 percent from the floor on her way to a 17.5 point average. Against Essence she erupted for 27.

Reaction Score
I heard a rumor that Decosta is very good and looks better every time you see her. Some would say she's an Aquira'd taste. :(
DeCosta plays on the team ( St. Marys Stockton) that knocked off Lou's MD team in the recent California Open Championship game. The same program that helped produce Gemelos and Chelsea Gray. Her basketball ability and athleticism aside, Aquira is a very hard worker dedicated to academics and basketball who would have no problem fitting into the intense and high expectation program as Uconn if Geno saw her as a fit basketball wise. She appears to possess all the other intangibles he usually looks for.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
DeCosta plays on the team ( St. Marys Stockton) that knocked off Lou's MD team in the recent California Open Championship game. The same program that helped produce Gemelos and Chelsea Gray. Her basketball ability and athleticism aside, Aquira is a very hard worker dedicated to academics and basketball who would have no problem fitting into the intense and high expectation program as Uconn if Geno saw her as a fit basketball wise. She appears to possess all the other intangibles he usually looks for.
St. Mary's of Stockton is a top-flight program, like Mater Dei and Christ the King.

Reaction Score
Andrea Aquino - 6-9 -2018 – (NJ Sparks) – Runs and moves well…nice touch around the basket…huge upside

So she is 2" taller than Griner? UConn should get her ...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69