Boneyard Tailgate proposal | The Boneyard

Boneyard Tailgate proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I’d like to present a proposal for a Boneyard tailgate. Together, coach cap and I have 8 passes in the Blue Lot. If we were to get together that would give us a minimum of a 4 car-width area which should work for our purposes. If there are other Blue Pass holders that would like to join us, that would be even better.

Between our two groups, we should be able to handle the entire infrastructure like grills, tables, paper goods and the like. As far as food goes, I propose a pot-luck style occasion. Everybody brings something, that way we don’t have to worry about collecting money as we get closer to the game, I’ll keep a list of what coming using the IM. In the drink department BYOB works best for beer and such. I’ll make sure we have plenty of water and soda.

The Stony Brook game on September 6th at noon works the best for us. It will be an easy ticket for the newbies and it should be nice weather. BYU is a no go as other members of our tailgate have to work so we won’t be able to set up in time to do the party justice. Right now, it looks like we will have the flag up by 8:45am. I know it’s not 8:00, but remember, we will be able to set-up again post-game.

One thing I’d like to ask, has anyone had any luck getting permission from the parking guys to have a small area in the Blue Lot reserved on a one-time only basis? That would make our life easier. Eight car caravans are a bitch to navigate.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’d like to present a proposal for a Boneyard tailgate. Together, coach cap and I have 8 passes in the Blue Lot. If we were to get together that would give us a minimum of a 4 car-width area which should work for our purposes. If there are other Blue Pass holders that would like to join us, that would be even better.

Between our two groups, we should be able to handle the entire infrastructure like grills, tables, paper goods and the like. As far as food goes, I propose a pot-luck style occasion. Everybody brings something, that way we don’t have to worry about collecting money as we get closer to the game, I’ll keep a list of what coming using the IM. In the drink department BYOB works best for beer and such. I’ll make sure we have plenty of water and soda.

The Stony Brook game on September 6th at noon works the best for us. It will be an easy ticket for the newbies and it should be nice weather. BYU is a no go as other members of our tailgate have to work so we won’t be able to set up in time to do the party justice. Right now, it looks like we will have the flag up by 8:45am. I know it’s not 8:00, but remember, we will be able to set-up again post-game.

One thing I’d like to ask, has anyone had any luck getting permission from the parking guys to have a small area in the Blue Lot reserved on a one-time only basis? That would make our life easier. Eight car caravans are a bitch to navigate.

Thoughts?

Just name the place and the time and I'll be there for sure. Hopefully we have those flags!

Reaction Score
I thought you asking somebody for their hand in marriage when I opened this.

Link up with the HuskyNan with the other thread on a boneyard tailgate that is pinned. She has said she will rally new fans from the hoops side of things - and has offered to provide food/beverage as well - as the newbies come out to the stadium. She just needed a game and place. I'd be involved in this, but then I'd have to give up my relative anonymity.

Good luck getting anything done with the parking attendants (sarcasm)

Best bet, is to meet at pre-determined location near the stadium and drive in together.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, what, exactly, do people want on the Boneyard flag? We can have the log on the top left of the board or we can nag Biff or Hamster to come up with a new idea. Let me know and I'll start taking orders.

Reaction Score
So, what, exactly, do people want on the Boneyard flag? We can have the log on the top left of the board or we can nag Biff or Hamster to come up with a new idea. Let me know and I'll start taking orders.
A Husky logo with a bone in it's mouth?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dear UConn, I imagine someone is reading - these are your best fans. How about you set them up with 6-8 numbered spots to hold their tailgate with ease. Easy to park, easy for people to find.

I'll donate the first $250 - I imagine others will combine to match. Can your best fans get a half dozen parking spots for $500?

Reaction Score
I'll probably spend the majority of my time tailgating with my usual nerd herd, but I'll definitely stop by.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
We gotta get these flags for this year boys. I loved the design @SubbaBub came up with ealier this spring. I think we should go with it! Get a bunch of the 3x5's with grommets ordered up before the BYU game! Who's in?
yard-jpg.5967

Reaction Score
We gotta get these flags for this year boys. I loved the design @SubbaBub came up with ealier this spring. I think we should go with it! Get a bunch of the 3x5's with grommets ordered up before the BYU game! Who's in?
yard-jpg.5967

I'm in. Let me know how much.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
So @SubbaBub check it out. I took your concept and added a red stoke and the state outline behind it. This would be a 3 x 5. Dig it?

Boneyard Flag copy.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If this is the flag you guys want, let me know and I can order them.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So @SubbaBub check it out. I took your concept and added a red stoke and the state outline behind it. This would be a 3 x 5. Dig it?

View attachment 6271

I prefer the cleaner look. I think it reflects the subtle off beat nature of the BY that outsiders may find confusing at first. If I were to add anything it would be the husky logo in the top right corner but then you are into trademark issues.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I prefer the cleaner look. I think it reflects the subtle off beat nature of the BY that outsiders may find confusing at first. If I were to add anything it would be the husky logo in the top right corner but then you are into trademark issues.
True that.

Reaction Score
I'll be there. Not sure if that early but will join up. I'm happy to bring a case of beer to contribute to the cause - just tell me what.

(I'm bringing Laphroiag myself)

Reaction Score
Dear UConn, I imagine someone is reading - these are your best fans. How about you set them up with 6-8 numbered spots to hold their tailgate with ease. Easy to park, easy for people to find.

I'll donate the first $250 - I imagine others will combine to match. Can your best fans get a half dozen parking spots for $500?
Laz parking will do that for us. I just checked with the guy that is head of parking. 6-8 spots in the blue lots not a problem.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Laz parking will do that for us. I just checked with the guy that is head of parking. 6-8 spots in the blue lots not a problem.

That's great news, gars. Long caravans, even over short distances can be stressful. Having an area saved is so much easier. So is anyone else out there with a Blue Pass who wants to join the crew?

Reaction Score
That's great news, gars. Long caravans, even over short distances can be stressful. Having an area saved is so much easier. So is anyone else out there with a Blue Pass who wants to join the crew?
Yeah, i have at least 2

Reaction Score
Senhor Testiculo

Reaction Score
I'm OK with any of the flags. Whatever game (I assume Stony Brook) I will be in with a Blue Pass (not mine) and whoever might want to join me as I don't have a regular group.

Have canopy, grill, table, utensils, etc. will bring as usual. Might bring my 32" LCD if anyone wants to hang after the game for some network CFB. Don't know who's playing that day on the major nets.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I'm OK with any of the flags. Whatever game (I assume Stony Brook) I will be in with a Blue Pass (not mine) and whoever might want to join me as I don't have a regular group.

Have canopy, grill, table, utensils, etc. will bring as usual. Might bring my 32" LCD if anyone wants to hang after the game for some network CFB. Don't know who's playing that day on the major nets.
Do you have a satalite dish for your TV @Jimdish255 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom