Boneyard Tailgate - 9/6/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Here is the most important information –

When: Saturday, September 6 - Stony Brook game
Where: Blue Lot, Rentschler Field (exact spot TBD)
Start Time: approx. 8:30am and again after the game

Between coachcap, gars44, Skiblets and myself we should have plenty of room for our group.
But is anybody going to show up? There wasn’t very much feedback in the other thread. For planning purposes, let me know in this thread or by PM if you are coming. Preferably before the game. But if you forget, show up any way.

We are going to keep this informal, so money will not be collected. But if you would like to bring something that would be great. Do you have a specialty you would present? A benefactor has offered to spring for burgers, dogs, rolls and drinks. I’ll get those. So stuff like side dishes, chips, desserts would be good. Coffee is always welcome at a morning tailgate. I’ll keep track of that as well to try to reduce duplication. As far as booze goes, it’s BYOB.

So who is coming? Any suggestions?

Reaction Score
Here is the most important information –

When: Saturday, September 6 - Stony Brook game
Where: Blue Lot, Rentschler Field (exact spot TBD)
Start Time: approx. 8:30am and again after the game

Between coachcap, gars44, Skiblets and myself we should have plenty of room for our group.
But is anybody going to show up? There wasn’t very much feedback in the other thread. For planning purposes, let me know in this thread or by PM if you are coming. Preferably before the game. But if you forget, show up any way.

We are going to keep this informal, so money will not be collected. But if you would like to bring something that would be great. Do you have a specialty you would present? A benefactor has offered to spring for burgers, dogs, rolls and drinks. I’ll get those. So stuff like side dishes, chips, desserts would be good. Coffee is always welcome at a morning tailgate. I’ll keep track of that as well to try to reduce duplication. As far as booze goes, it’s BYOB.

So who is coming? Any suggestions?

I'm going to try to go. I have to see if I can finagle my work schedule because of me having to go in for surgery this week and having to take a couple weeks off. If it works out, I'll definitely be there.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to it. Tip: I have 2 popup tents: UConn & Army National Guard. If Derek Chard's dad runs up the flagpole we fly USA, UConn, & 6 (the Jasper Howard flag).
Being as we're playing Stonybrook, my beverage of choice that day will be BLUEPOINT.

Reaction Score
Will absolutely be there. Between 2 and 4 people might include daughter and friend if that's OK. An occasional visitor may drop by. Small grill, tables, tent onboard. Will pre-pare some type of steak and eggs deal. And some bubbles to wash down the coffee. Going to a concert later so may have to leave shortly after game.

Reaction Score
The way I figured my season tickets this year (1st year), is to bring my family to 3 and friends to the other 4. Still waiting to hear from my kids fall coaches about their schedules.
I'm bringing different groups of friends. They're all sports fans but not necessarily " college" football fans. I need to reel them in. Talk about bringing their families next year. Promote the UCONN Football Huskies!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This is the game I'm taking the leap of faith and bringing my not-quite-3-yr old daughter with me. She had a blast at the spring game but that's because she could run around the field after they wrapped things up. If we make it to the game early, I will definitely stop by.

Reaction Score
I'm in. Just checked my son's football schedule and his game is on Friday night the 5th :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm in. Just checked my son's football schedule and his game is on Friday night the 5th :)

After what you did for Butch, can we use you in our promotional materials? It might spur some more interest.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This weekend I will make some calls to family. I expect to buy three to four games of tickets and will be there next week. I am late to the ticket-buying party but now have cleared the card for a nice purchase.

Reaction Score
I'd like to show up .,,,,,, sounds like my usual group of 4 don't want to go to the game, the four "newbies" that I brought to their first game ever last week aren't "available" this week.......and so far I can't interest anyone else in my spare tickets.......so I'll be alone this game.

How would I recognize the group? I'm in the blue lot also......usually somewhere in the rows between gate C and D

What time. I don't know what time I'll show up........but would like to say hello if possible.

The only thing that can hold me back is the heat and sun ,,,,,,,, I've suffered a lot of damage over the years (resulting from sun exposure) resulting in plastic surgery on my ears, cheek, nose........and now an area of my neck is causing problems........so I'm belatedly cautious and sensitive to sun exposure.

If its too hot, I might stay home.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm there solo so I would love to be able to join a tailgate, even if it's to be the victim of tomato-pelting. Appreciate you guys putting this together.

Reaction Score
Looks like I'll have a group of 5 and holding an extra ticket in 223 where I'll be sitting. Anyone interested can let me know. Please stop by Z.

Reaction Score
UPDATE...we will be in the Blue Lot on the Gate C (East) side somewhere. We are working on the exact where. When we know exactly we will post it here. But everybody who can should plan to stop by, no obligation to stay or leave. Think of it as an open house.
Gate C is the Silver Lane/Simmons Rd entrance for those who like maps. See ya there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FINAL UPDATE - We just finalized the parking. It will be somewhere off the MAIN GATE not the East Gate. That's the West (scoreboard) side of the Blue Lot. Look for the flags: USA, UConn, & 6 (the Jasper Howard flag) on one pole, a big red flag that says "Duff Beer" on another.

If you have any problems tomorrow PM me or call me. I will check the board often. Please send a PM if you need my phone #.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Thanks for organizing, Waq! Definitely more enjoyable than the game!

Reaction Score
Thanks......glad to meet some of posters at the tailgate, but as I feared, sun did a number on me....had to leave early

Reaction Score
Thanks for hosting, Waquoit! Had a great time, nice to put some names to some faces.

Reaction Score
It was great to put a face to some on-line monikers Had some good conversations.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Thanks to all who hosted this event. It takes a crazy amount of work to set up and take it down, from what I saw. Most of my tailgates consist of 2 lawnchairs, some Subways and a few beers. I enjoyed the full experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom