Boat signs with the Nets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boat signs with the Nets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I really hope Boat makes the team but the fact that the Nets already have 3 PG's (Blake, Jack, Williams) scares me.
Williams is supposed to be the stud but is oft injured and his numbers are really sliding. Jarret Jack is what he always was and Steve Blake is the perennial third PG. Nets seem to carry 4 or 5 PGs so Boat has to beat out Darius Norris and/or Markel Brown which shouldn't be too difficult

Reaction Score
I really hope Boat makes the team but the fact that the Nets already have 3 PG's (Blake, Jack, Williams) scares me.
At least he should get good exposure since the Nets play in both the Orlando and Vegas leagues.

Reaction Score
Summer league contracts are important for not only impressing the team that signed the player, but also an opportunity to showcase for the 29 other NBA teams. It'll be a good opportunity for NBA teams to scout Boatright against good competition.

Reaction Score
I don't really know how summer league contracts work, but does this restrict boat to just signing with the nets after summer league, or can he still sign with anyone?

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I don't really know how summer league contracts work, but does this restrict boat to just signing with the nets after summer league, or can he still sign with anyone?

Boat can sign wherever he wants after summer league is over.

C

Chief00

Ryan, congratulations to you and your family. See you all in Brooklyn this season!

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score

maxresdefault.jpg

ryan-boatright-ncaa-basketball-connecticut-championship-celebration.jpg

Reaction Score
Is Bazz playing Summer League this year? If so we might get to see a Bazz vs. Boat showdown on Sunday.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
In an article Boatright's mother said something about a 2-year deal but I've not heard anything about that anywhere else.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
In an article Boatright's mother said something about a 2-year deal but I've not heard anything about that anywhere else.

"Tanesha Boatright also said her son's deal "wasn't just for summer league" but has a "two-year guarantee."

Reaction Score
I thought all along it was more than just a a summer deal. On twitter it will say "So and so was invited to play with the ____ for the summer league." In Boatright's case it said that he signed a free agent deal, not just a summer league invite.

Reaction Score
Link of the article?

Edit: here is the article, interesting, would have figured a Nets reporter would have spoke on this if this was true

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ll-ryan-boatright-st-0630-20150629-story.html

i doubt its a guaranteed contract, he can simply not make the roster. plenty of players ' sign free agent deals' to play on a summer league team, somebody like chasson randle has the same deal w/ gsw. think there would be more info out there on the details of his contract if that wasnt the case, right?

Reaction Score
i doubt its a guaranteed contract, he can simply not make the roster. plenty of players ' sign free agent deals' to play on a summer league team, somebody like chasson randle has the same deal w/ gsw. think there would be more info out there on the details of his contract if that wasnt the case, right?
Yea pretty much my same train of thought, this is the time of the year when team beat writers are pumping out articles detailing salary and contract info so fans can get an idea of where their team stands during free agency. If Boat had a 2 year guaranteed deal a bigger deal would have been made out of his signing.

Reaction Score
BKN just signed Shane Larkin to a 2 year deal. Definitely not a good sign for Boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom