Blueblood Classic…… why not | The Boneyard

Blueblood Classic…… why not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There should be a "Blue Blood Classic" played around Thanskgiving time. 8 team tournament. Would be the best preseason tournament ever. Brackets would include (in no special order)

1. Uconn
2. Florida
3. Mich St
4. Duke
5. UNC
6. Kentucky
7. Kansas
8. Louisville

(leaving out UCLA and Indiana… both haven't done enough in 30 years to warrant a spot in the club) Also, just because you are in the club, I believe it isn't for forever. you still have have to prove yourself. UCLA hasn't won the title since 1996. A few final fours sprinkled in here and there in a 20 year span doesn't doesn't do a great deal for making the case but its certainly better than Indiana being a "Blue Blood" They literally haven't done anything since 1987 (2 final 4s) in nearly 30 years. UCLA is far more relevant on the national stage than Indiana these days. Can't see how they can be considered a "blue blood" when their last championship came 27 years ago.

God I wish they could do something like this… but doubt we'll ever see it.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
You seem like a good guy, 999 but THIS is the best pre-season tournament ever.....

("Terri Gold" is a a great girl, grew up with her in Danbury.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can't have more than one team in a conference in a pre-season tournament.

Yup. Maybe do previous season conf champs (reg season) from the power 5 and then 3 of the AAC/big east/a10/mwc

So, Arizona, Michigan, Kansas, Florida, Virginia and then 3 from the other conferences.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They already have the Champions Classic thing, so I doubt they'll expand that or make it something different.

Reaction Score
There should be a "Blue Blood Classic" played around Thanskgiving time. 8 team tournament. Would be the best preseason tournament ever. Brackets would include (in no special order)

1. Uconn
2. Florida
3. Mich St
4. Duke
5. UNC
6. Kentucky
7. Kansas
8. Louisville

(leaving out UCLA and Indiana… both haven't done enough in 30 years to warrant a spot in the club) Also, just because you are in the club, I believe it isn't for forever. you still have have to prove yourself. UCLA hasn't won the title since 1996. A few final fours sprinkled in here and there in a 20 year span doesn't doesn't do a great deal for making the case but its certainly better than Indiana being a "Blue Blood" They literally haven't done anything since 1987 (2 final 4s) in nearly 30 years. UCLA is far more relevant on the national stage than Indiana these days. Can't see how they can be considered a "blue blood" when their last championship came 27 years ago.

once you win the NC, I think you are in the club. Just like the Masters.
In that same way, BC will always be out, but Holy Cross is in.

Reaction Score

1. Uconn
2. Florida
3. Mich St
4. Duke
5. UNC
6. Kentucky
7. Kansas
8. Louisville

Like the idea of a preseason tournament with noted heavyweights. Hypothetically though, teams should be excluded if they gag in the first round of the previous year's NCAA tourney, thus the Dukies would have to be excluded if I ran this fictional tourney.

Reaction Score
I don't like it. We are not blue bloods and certainly are above all teams listed. Plus I like it when we are excluded as we then represent all the 'new school' teams.

MSU (Big 10) and Florida (SEC) are fine and to me represent the best in current basketball. The rest are outdated to me. Maybe ACC (Ville or dook), those four teams repping the conferences. Hell I even like Iowa State who seem to be picking up steam.

uk, unc, even ku are out(dated), to me and I say em.

Forgive me as I am a rebel at heart, and never liked running with the popular crowd (i.e. dook vitale crowd).

No offense but to me Blue blood =

upload_2014-4-19_18-21-46.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member