blue screen of javascript? | The Boneyard

blue screen of javascript?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only on the boneyard, but on a couple of different computers, i get a quick flash blue screen when moving from thread to thread that reads:

Please enable/Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer/Por favor activa el Javascript!
[?]

I have tried to enable Javascript and reloaded Java to no avail. Any suggestions?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Java and Javascript are different animals - Java is for apps that run in a virtual machine or the browser. Javascript works in the browser-only.

For the sake of security, I wouldn't have Java installed at all and neither should you. You will need Javascript for some aspects of the site, though.

I'm guessing that you're using an adblocker and, if so, that's likely the issue.

Reaction Score
I will check that. Thanks. I do use Trend Micro anti-virus on both machines and am using chrome so it might be something about the combination. I will check the settings. I did not know about the Java security issues but if I don't need it I will remove. Thanks!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you're using Chrome, it now blocks the Java plug-in by default anyway - you might as well just dump it from your system.

You're getting the Javascript error from an ad. (There are some other elements that need Javascript, but you wouldn't get an error message from them.)

To make sure Javascript is enabled in Chrome....

1. Click the Chrome menu icon
    IB7eZ2ht1pEixChJA4xp6iejr1xw3rXY_yJNeHgHajBRTzLB0ldIpEFje8gyeB4ydp6xpQpJ=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. On the "Settings" page, click the Show advanced settings... link.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings...
  5. Select Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended) in the "JavaScript" section.
  6. Click Done.

Reaction Score
Suddenly getting the same interruption on my android tablet with Chrome. Was there a resolution to this?

Hmmm. MayBe because I wasn't logged in.

Reaction Score
Logging in does help. I sometimes also saw an "adblocker detected" screen which appeared related if not logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom