Blue Out? Idea. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blue Out? Idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the lack blue shirts available for non-students. The Co-op.stand at the Rent had two or three. Other schools with the stadium on or need campus have many more outlets for team gear and.fans spend time and money at these places before and after the game.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Enough of the blue cups and blue outs. Need Ws and fans. All rest will happen spontaneously.

Reaction Score
how bout a Camouflage out. that way it will look like nobody is there...oh, wait...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm usually not one to bitch about what people where to the games, but all these blue outs do is show how smalltime this fanbase is. The school needs to repeatedly ask fans to do three things: show up on time, stay to the end, and make as much noise as you can when we are on defense. That's all that really matters.

No, what really matters is filling the building. After all of the tickets are sold, then you superfans can obsess over those that aren't up to your high fan standards. Right now, any fan that buys a ticket is a good fan. I think the superfans are hurting the cause and ought to chill out. The stands were pretty full by kickoff, certainly not too long after. The crowd was good and loud on 3rd downs. The crowd didn't call two into the line on 2nd and 1.

Reaction Score
Forget Blue-Out... it would be nice for a Sell-Out...
CTMIKE
I have to agree with you on this, it has taken me a while to come to terms with the fact, not everybody loves UCONN Football as much as I do. I look around the stadium and see people wearing red UCONN hats, white UCONN hat red shirt and think are you F ing kidding me. The fact of the matter is I have 12 people in my tailgate and I could not even get all of them to wear blue. I used to give them a hard time, but nothing changed, now I just thank them for coming, encourage them to cheer when we are on D and be quiet when we are on O. My point is
Step one, get people to the game.
Step two, get in before kickoff.
Step three, learn how to cheer.
Step four, stay for whole game.
Step five, wear blue. I guess it’s just going to take people time, baby steps.

Reaction Score
No doubt, those Dook blue cups some idiots drank from killed the entire offensive flow. When will those Dookies figure out UConn Navy Blue Pantone 281 (or at least National Flag Blue) makes all the difference. Next, they'll sport BCU chickenhawk hats. Benedict Arnolds, all of 'em! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
No, what really matters is filling the building. After all of the tickets are sold, then you superfans can obsess over those that aren't up to your high fan standards.

I don't know why you used the word "no" or think we disagree.

Reaction Score
Wow, the level of anger towards the people who want everyone to wear Blue for a Blue Out game amazes me. Seriously, calling us "Superfans" (a reference to BCU Superfans)?

Nobody is saying that wearing blue would have changed the game on Saturday or that it's more important than Selling out a game or showing up on time or cheering loudly. Not sure where you are getting those thoughts. Not sure why you are so angry! At your fellow fans!

All we are saying is that top programs (and just about every Southern program) has this pretty cool tradition. It unifies the stadium. Maybe a recruit comes to a game and likes what he sees. Maybe the other team looks at us and realizes we are not a High School crowd. Maybe it encourages people to come in earlier and do what everyone else is doing. I don't know.

I agree about one thing. In the grand scheme of things it is not a very high priority. But I think it is an important step to measure a programs growth - to the people who are spewing anger directed at their own UConn comrades - get over yourselves or ignore these threads.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
. But I think it is an important step to measure a programs growth - to the people who are spewing anger directed at their own UConn comrades - get over yourselves or ignore these threads.

Nice attempt at a pivot, dogg. I ain't buying it. You superfans are the ones badmouthing your fellow fans after every home game. And superfans at The Rent giving folks leaving early a load of crap doesn't help repeat ticket sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom