Bleacher Report Article: Stock Watch For CBB Blue Bloods | The Boneyard

Bleacher Report Article: Stock Watch For CBB Blue Bloods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stumbled upon this article today. I know Bleacher Report isnt on the same level as ESPN and CBSSports but I like to read their stuff. Thought this article was cool because they consider us a blue blood, and also are very optimistic about this upcoming season, calling us a national title contender. Always good to see good press about the program.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ketballs-blue-bloods-in-2015-offseason/page/2

Reaction Score
"Throw in Rodney Purvis and Kentan Facey as bench guys who would probably be starters on 97 percent of rosters, and Connecticut is going from "Boatright or Bust" to POSSIBLY THE BEST SEVEN-MAN ROTATION IN THE COUNTRY.

The only real question here is whether we should reignite the "Ollie to the NBA" rumors now or wait until after he leads this team to AT LEAST 28 WINS."

Wow!

Reaction Score
I don't know why I always insist on reading the comments for every B/R article. It's like picking at a scab.

Reaction Score
We all hope and believe this guy knows of what he speaks, but we need to tamp this down....

Reaction Score
I think its a solid article except the part about the 2012-2013 team not setting the world on fire. That team had 20 wins, including wins against final four team Syracuse and against Michigan St. If they played in the Big East Tourny they would have had at least 22 wins and easily made the tourny.

I for one don't mind when they call a Purvis a bench player and Adams the starter. I'm fine with either starting, because they will probably play about the same minutes. I def agree with that being one of the best 7 man rotation in the country plus throw in Omar, Sam Jr, Enoch and Philly Noles and thats a championship calibur team.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Just adding more fuel to the Purvis fire. Someone should post that in his locker.

Reaction Score
Fortunately it balances out with the inane drivel by the Kentucky fans.
Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know whether to call him a fan but I just came across this post:

did yo watch siberians or see them. nolan, omar, purvis, ken, amida, casel, teri, lubin cant play. did yo notice. maybe some unidimensional contributors but thats it. which does not make a contender. did homer write synopsis. so seta hall + cornel men can play. that only 2 men. 2 frosh adam + enoch are unk et likely impact minimal. coach only has won with previous coach recruits. in over 3 yrs proven poor scout, evaluator & selector of roster. factors dont bode well with dismal h.s. recruiting/if teem was in reel conf last yr 20-15 would show 15-20. last yr club was dismal at gampelfieldhouse, dismal on road and dismal vs top 50 opposition. lost all signif intersectionals. no offense, unwatchable ball movement with purvis assortment unforced error. not

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Loosely ties in with this thread, but yesterday I was wondering how the blue bloods were doing this decade (I consider UConn and Louisville to be among them) so i did a quick look up of their tournament numbers. They are:
Duke: 17-4, 4 SS, 3 EE, 2 FF, 2 NC
UConn: 12-1, 2 SS, 2 EE, 2 FF, 2 NC
UK: 22-4, 5 SS, 5 EE, 4 FF, 1 NC
Louisville: 15-5, 4 SS, 3 EE, 2 FF, 1 NC
Kansas: 13-6, 3 SS, 2 EE, 1 FF
UNC: 10-5, 3 SS, 2 EE
UCLA: 5-4, 2 SS
Indiana: 4-3, 2 SS

Worth noting that Kansas, UNC, Duke, UConn, Louisville, and UK have won every championship since 2008. Toss in Florida and that stretch goes back to 2004. And something I found interesting is that every decade there have been 8 programs to win the title, except when UCLA went on its run; in the 60s 5 different teams won, and in the 70s 6 different teams won. Duke, UConn, UK, and Louisville currently account for all 6 titles this decade. It would seem to be a lock that this group will add more before 2020. One could argue that we are currently in an era with parity similar to the Wooden era.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know whether to call him a fan but I just came across this post:

did yo watch siberians or see them. nolan, omar, purvis, ken, amida, casel, teri, lubin cant play. did yo notice. maybe some unidimensional contributors but thats it. which does not make a contender. did homer write synopsis. so seta hall + cornel men can play. that only 2 men. 2 frosh adam + enoch are unk et likely impact minimal. coach only has won with previous coach recruits. in over 3 yrs proven poor scout, evaluator & selector of roster. factors dont bode well with dismal h.s. recruiting/if teem was in reel conf last yr 20-15 would show 15-20. last yr club was dismal at gampelfieldhouse, dismal on road and dismal vs top 50 opposition. lost all signif intersectionals. no offense, unwatchable ball movement with purvis assortment unforced error. not

Chap? Is that you?

DALTX

I don't have a hobby, I watch UConn
Reaction Score

Siberians. I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69